speed

The Gadgets and Gizmos thread!

@BS

Good and sensible buy. Have you checked the quality of images ? How are they ? Take some good night shots and see.

**EDIT**

@NAREN

Why dont you share some photos in the "picture snapped by ACIans " thread ?

I think we do not need any more thread just because of Nikon cameras. smiley1.gif

sb-alto2010-05-28 18:12:00

thanks guys. Well for 10mp the quality seems to be good, i too have olympus 10mp now but this is much better especially night images still i am yet to charge it now as i am now at seattle n then to Alaska cruise and there i will use it most .

@Naren, well i already have a 2mp Nikon though i dont use it now because of its AA battery mess but its quality is awesome considering its only 2mp and thats why i was insisted on nikon but 800uz too had good quality.

Visited Apple store yesterday and non-contract 3gs was bloody too expensive at 600$ instead of 400$ with contract. So for now i am not thinking of it.

Even the ipad i found it too expensive at 829$ for 64gb. bluesapphire2010-05-28 18:23:42

Day before I dropped my precious bberry in some hot curry. Hurriedly took it out and thoroughly cleaned it after taking out the battery and switching it off. The screen has some spots and it smells funny but that all is workable. BUT, the keypad has developed a mind of its own and has started acting funny. I had to send it to get fixed and it will take 2 weeks.

Now I realize how reliant I had become on the push email service which i dearly miss now. Working without it is becoming a real chore. Need to find a replacement soon.

@A Sethi: You could call it BB Hot Curry edition and sell it at a premium. I bought a Sanyo 10mp Xacti HD dual camera(SG$499) and a Seagate 1TB external hard disk drive(SG$319) for my son to store his movies. Sanyo: I fell in love with it when I saw it in Malaysia and then couldn't resist the temptation on the last day of my vacation in Changi airport dutyfree when they threw in a extra battery, its kinda cute and pics are good indeed and fit's in my palm. I basically like 'point and shoot' camera's as compared to DSLR's: I know thats blasphemy for the pro and quasi pro. My Samsung 6MP did a wonderful job during my vacation and surprised with it's clarity and rich colors. 

Day before I dropped my precious bberry in some hot curry. Hurriedly took it out and thoroughly cleaned it after taking out the battery and switching it off. The screen has some spots and it smells funny but that all is workable. BUT' date=' the keypad has developed a mind of its own and has started acting funny. I had to send it to get fixed and it will take 2 weeks.

Now I realize how reliant I had become on the push email service which i dearly miss now. Working without it is becoming a real chore. Need to find a replacement soon.
[/quote']

The keyboard is probably acting funny because its not completely dry. I've had this problem and it went away after leaving the phone in a car parked in the sun for a couple of hours every day (for a couple of days).

Seagate 1TB external hard disk drive(SG$319) for my son to store his movies.

Is it a 5" drive or the smaller one ? Looks expensive. Do you get warranty for it in India ?

@Dtandon: Warranty Validation is not working. Though I was able to register the product.smiley5.gif I shall follow it up and let you know. @Cyrus: I always plug it onto a laptop and then hook my laptop to the home theater system and then view movies or watch it on the computer if I feel lazy enough.

I always use the safely remove hardware mode to unplug the drive from the computer/laptop to be on the safer side.

Got the invoice for my MAC Book PRO yesterday!! It is a 13 inch 4GB ram with a 250GB hard disk. Hoping to ge tit by the end of the week!!

nice choice! even i'll be getting one withing 1-2 weeks!!

Finally bought my new laptop. As you all have read from my earlier posts, me and technology do not make a good pair. I end up breaking or dropping stuff in currysmiley17.gif occasionally. Therefore I set myself a budget of 40K and nothing more.

I went in with a strong mind to buy a Toshiba and nothing else because of my good past experience with it. For the very same reason I had decided not even to consider an HP or a Dell.

In the end, I ended up buying an ASUS. Its 15.6 inches, 4GB ram and a Core I3 processor. Has a 512mb dedicated graphic card along with the usual VGA cam(facial recog.), bluetooth etc. I went in for a pc with DOS as the pre-installed OS because my Company has a Tech Net membership from Microsoft that allows us up to 10 uses of any operating system under the Microsoft banner.  With this i got a cleaning kit, a headset, a laser mouse and a ASUS bag free.

All this for only 32,000 Rs. and a 2 year warranty For the absolute same config i was getting a Toshiba Satallite for 35000 and only 1 year warranty.

I thought it was a great deal. Some pics.

IMAGE_298.jpgIMAGE_299.jpg

Congrats asethi for getting your new Gadget & that's too with Good Configuration & all at a very Tempting -32k price.

Now you can Enjoy access to ACI forum anytime & anywhere.

Do, post your Driving(smiley36.gif)/Ownership experience with this Gadget & with its Performance too..

Gudluck.. N Happy Surfing ahead.. 

I have the .iso file of Microsoft Windows7 ultimate and it is installed almost every PC I use and the encryption setting is marvellous .

@asethi even I had a budget of 42k fixed and got a laptop with AMD processor but still the intels based laptops can't match its features (this was bought a year back).

I had a bad experience with an AMD processor once so I was pretty much insistant on settling for an Intel. Also my technology advisor(my geeky friend I took along) was ranting of something about the new I3 processor so I went ahead with it.

By the way I installed Windows 7 Ultimate and am sitting on the new comp as I post this. It will take me a while to get used to 7 as I am a hardcore XP fan.

Aah! The pleasures of a 15.6 inch screen are so apparant right after you switch to it from a 9 inch netbooksmiley36.gif.