speed

The Gadgets and Gizmos thread!

capacitative touch screens have multi-touch support, restitive dont.

Capacitative are meant to be used by fingers and generally dont have a stylus.

You cant use a restitive screen with your fingers unless you have nails like some of the super-models.

If you have a choice, always go for capacitative screen.

Thats where the corby PRO scores over the X6.

@winner, the X6 doesnt have a Stylus. And the screen is hard like the iPhone's Screen. Unlike the other touch screens that you get in the price range which have the softer feel. Precisely why I didnt buy a 5233 as my second phone.

Difference between Capacitive and Resistive

Capacitive has to be used with fingers - cannot use a finger nail or

other pointing device, cannot be used whilst wearing gloves (ie. when

its cold).

Resistive - generally require a little more "effort", but you can use

almost anything

As for which is best - depends on what you want. For me a capacitive

screen (got an iPod Touch) is a pain sometimes espescially in Delhi winters considering I have to remove my gloves.

So basically, if you want capacitive, go for Nokia X6 and if you want resistive go for Nokia 5530.

There is another phone which has just gone on sale, is the Xperia X10 mini, with all the features you could think of. It has got android OS which Sony has customised UI which they call as TimeScape and has won some awards for it. Sony is the king in music and camera phones and this phone combines the best of them both. It has just been launched,   at an attractive price tag of 15000. The only down point, is a slightly smaller screen.

Here are the reviews of the 3 phones I mentioned.

Nokia X6

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_x6-review-439.php

Nokia 5530

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_5530_xpressmusic-review-387.php

Sony Xperia X10 Mini

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_xperia_x10_mini-review-481.php

All these phones have the same(almost same) set of features. But it is which is more intuitive to use is what matters. The Symbian OS is pathetically outdated. I'm using a 5800 but it is very slow and boring. But in this case go for a android OS phone as you will get many apps and also a very good user friendly interface. A very good phone you can consider is HTC Tattoo

finally got myself a new Dell studio 15

2.53ghz (3.06ghbz tourbo boost)

6gb DDR3

1Gb ATI Radeon graphic card

500Gb hardisk

the only thing i dislike is windows 7 because of its compatibility issues

Hey guys, I have collected 17k bucks and want to buy a cellphone. I have selected two of them - Nokia X6 and Samsung Wave. Both of them are touch screen ( CAPACITIVE ). Thats what makes me go for them. Please help me decide. Samsung Wave is around 17.5k and X6 is 15.3k .

Nokia X6

Nokia-X6-02.jpg

Samsung Wave

samsung-wave-hands-on-9-536x714.jpg

Comparo-sheet.... Although X6 wins hands-down, I want you all to look in once and give a final shot.

Comparison !

Drifty Punksta!

I am not sure if its a good idea to create individual threads and polls for cellphones and stuff. This kind of talk should all be done under the Gadgets and Gizmo thread in my opinion.

This is afterall a forum regarding the auto industry. Not sure what the mods think about it though.

EDIT: It was my personal opinion about such practices. I'd hardly call it spam and especially in such a thread.
asethi9192010-07-03 13:42:42

@Asethi. ACI forum is for all types of discussions. Not just CARS n Automobiles. Moreover it has been posted in Opposite Lock .

Kindly help me choose between the two, else DO NOT spam the threads just for the sake of posting.