speed

The Gadgets and Gizmos thread!

Out of Nokia & Samsung, the latter are the best with Better functioning, performance & Niggling problems.

And drifty, Why not to look at some Sony Ericsson Touch-Screen handsets, as they're having much Better Graphics, Picture & Sound Clarity.

I don't know about their prices, but do check them out at;

I'm using Sony-Ericsson handsets from almost last 3-years, after using the Nokia ones & found them Quite Reliable & Problem free than others. 

Thanks everyone, for the advice.

I finally got myself a BMW X6.

It costed us Rs 15500, with a free Reebok watch worth Rs 2600 (left-over after some offers) after plenty of bargaining.smiley32.gif

Reposting with a pic.

More pics might follow.

Where

did you get it? Tell me I'm prepared to fly to B'lore to get a BMW X6

for 15500 bucks. Just goes to show how much of an auto buff Arkin's

turned into; he can only think of BMW when buying a Nokia X6.

Oops, I meant Nokia.smiley36.gif

Well, one can definitely get half a dozen X6es for Rs15k.

(Scale Modelssmiley2.gif)

Reposting with a pic.

More pics might follow.

dscn5142.jpg

arkboypunk12010-07-04 14:48:52

Thanks everyone' date=' for the advice.

It costed us Rs 15500, with a free Reebok watch worth Rs 2600 (left-over after some offers) after plenty of bargaining.

[/quote']

Where did you get it? Tell me I'm prepared to fly to B'lore to get a BMW X6 for 15500 bucks. Just goes to show how much of an auto buff Arkin's turned into; he can only think of BMW when buying a Nokia X6.

Durango Dude2010-07-04 14:44:04

More pics:

(Sorry if the pics are slightly blurred, my cam is new, and I'm not familiar with all the settings)

The Free watch:

dscn5144f.jpg

Great quality earphones, dunno if they are Noise-isolation earbuds:

dscn5140.jpg

The back-side, with a 5MP cam:

dscn5139.jpg

arkboypunk12010-07-04 15:10:59

Hey Arkboy!! Congratulations on your phone! Even I'm planning to get it. Hows it going ??

Just great!

Everything is damn easy to use. Unlimited Music free with the phone. Build Quality is Just OK. GPS is real efficient. The earphone quality is suprisingly good.

To sum up' date=' this is the best upgrade from my Nokia 1100!smiley36.gif

Some more pics:

dscn5150.jpg

dscn5148u.jpg

dscn5148u.jpg

Congrats Arkboy, did you try out any Android based phones?

Err, pardon me if I sound like a noob, but what are 'Android' Based phones?

Well, I did try put a couple of Windows phones, including an Acer one. I was really impressed by them, but then, they lacked connectivity options.

arkboypunk12010-07-04 16:50:25

Android OS is supported by Google & is a huge draw. Countless apps. have been designed for Android & latest wave of successful phones are based on Android.

& don't ask for pardon, we all are learning over here!

Oh, thanks Bornfree. I don't think I tested any of those.

Well, the earphones are definitely noise isolation earphones. I can't here what my mom is telling me right now, nor can I hear the noise of the keyboard and the blaring TV!!!

The headphones drain the battery real fast.

Good you got earphones.

BTW, I havent heard X6 comes with headphones.

Go to Nokia.co.in and select your phone and select the option"view box contents"

This should answer most of your questions.

Congrats arkin for gettin the new X6, no matters if its a Nokia or BMW.

Just enjoy the Spirit Beemer X6 is having from your Nokia. 

& That's same Reebox watch also comes free with Sony Ericsson range of phones, my friend brought it last week.

To sum up' date=' this is the best upgrade from my Nokia 1100![/quote']

That's Quite a Long Jump.. smiley32.gif

Congrats arkin for gettin the new X6' date=' no matters if its a Nokia or BMW.

Just enjoy the Spirit Beemer X6 is having from your Nokia. 

& That's same Reebox watch also comes free with Sony Ericsson range of phones, my friend brought it last week.

To sum up, this is the best upgrade from my Nokia 1100!

That's Quite a Long Jump.. smiley32.gif

Here is a pic of my HP DV4 notebook, with Win7 + mediacenter Remote and my Nikon Coolpix L218MP, both gifts.

These 2 pics were taken with the X6.

Well, actually, it was supposed to be free with some SE phone, but as it often happens, after the offer season, shops have pieces left behind. My dad, through his contacts got the watch free. BTW, the same watch used to come free with the Nokia 5800 XM.

Here is the pic of the watch tin:

04072010007.jpg

arkboypunk12010-07-04 19:29:15

congrats! the X6 can may be change the image for the xpress music image that Nokia has in India ,only few of them have been successful in India till now and the X6 is promising .

@arkin - congratulations on purchasing nokia X6 . Do write about your experience with phone and as always pictures.

Anyways , I got a new Sony ericsson Vivaz phone (Venus Red colour ).and I just love the phone - so sleek and with a beautiful display  . I will post pictures of my phone in next post.  Do comment about it .

Thanks Mr. Spock.

There are some pics on the previous page, if you didn't see. I might upload some more if needed. I shall write a review too shortly.

And congrats to you too. Please mention the price of the phone too.

Inventor of cell phone dotes on Android over iPhone:

Cooper noted how he gave his iPhone to his grandson. As he said, "Kids are really caught up in that." The final sentence was the zinger (emphasis ours): "But I think that the Android phones are catching up now, and the latest version of the Android phones are every bit as good, if not better, than the iPhone."

The Droid was a huge success for Motorola, and for Android. It's still being sold, and is fact expected to get a Froyo update very soon, as early as July 13th, it is rumored.

Android slurps market share from Apple, RIM, Microsoft:

Android's share of the US smartphone market surged 4 per centage points between February and May, according to research outfit comScore, putting Google on the verge of overtaking Microsoft for the number three spot behind RIM BlackBerry and Apple.

Guys I just saw the Hp pavillion dm4 in croma and I think HP has tried to make it look like the envy ,anyways it looks great and the finish is excellent , I was dissapointed with the price though @ 50k you can get same config laptop with better graphic options .

Guys I just saw the Hp pavillion dm4 in croma and I think HP has tried to make it look like the envy ' date='anyways it looks great and the finish is excellent , I was dissapointed with the price though @ 50k you can get same config laptop with better graphic options .

[/quote']

Even my HP DV4 doesn't have graphics to boast about.

However, entertainment features are just great.

BTW, does the DM4 come with a remote CTRL?