speed

The Gadgets and Gizmos thread!

Just got my Blackberry 8330 (not Reliance official) operational. Beats my old Nokia 6275 and 5230 hollow. The user interface is just too good. Very reasonable at Rs.9000 only (v 18000+ official)!

Just got my Blackberry 8330 (not Reliance official) operational.

Congrats, guess I read this somewhere else earlier!

Comment: Yes, it was in the mods forum! Got GPS working only yesterday

sgiitk2010-07-10 18:06:15

Planning to buy a new Netbook. Most probably going for Sony Vaio M series. Where it stands out from the rest is that it has a 2GB ram a Intel atom N470 processor rated 1.86 GHz against widely used Intel Atom N450 rated 1.66 GHz. Lokks good too. Cost is around 22000.

All this also means that I will be able to run Windows 7 without any problems whatsover.20100710_183735_89591.jpg

rahul18102010-07-10 18:38:18

@sgiitk Need a netbook. Does all the work I need, comes in a small size, weight only 1.2 kgs, so I dont feel at all that I am carrying anything when I have take it with me to my lectures.

Battery life of 4 hours(tested) help the matters even more.

rahul18102010-07-11 08:55:37

I have a samsung gt b3310' date=' an ipod, a laptop, and a digi cam. I'm hoping to persuade my dad to get me an iPad! I really want that. :)[/quote'] It's such waste, unless you're the kind that reads e books while commuting.

Although I am ethically against Apple and what they do I have to admit Ipad is a very exciting product.

But from what I have learnt after seeing my friends buy it is that it can not replace a proper laptop. It is a good secondary machine to play on but if you use the computer for a substantial amount of time everyday(8-12 hours) then it can never be your primary computer.

I got a new   samsung wave - it looks awesome , bright , crisp screen - a la super Amoled , the UI is snappy thanks to the  the 1 Ghz processor.  asphalt 5  is preloaded and you can download complete version of NFS and other apps from samsung apps store for free. the icing in cake being price - 17000 RS - which is steal considering that it has 2GB inbuilt and 2GB memory card bundled with it.

asphalt 5  is preloaded and you can download complete version of NFS and other apps from samsung apps store for free. the icing in cake being price - 17000 RS - which is steal considering that it has 2GB inbuilt and 2GB memory card bundled with it.

Congrats on your purchase. Well, my Nokia X6 too came with Asphalt 5, which I must say is very engrossing. Which version of NFS is it? Shift?

Well, NFS shift costs 3.00 Euros from the Nokia App Store, Its nice that you are getting it for free.

@Mr.Spock

I've got the Samsung Wave too buddy! Got it about 2 weeks back for the same price - 17000/- . Awesomely cool cell phone. The screen clarity and crispness beats all. First I had considered buying X6 but then after using the Samsung Wave for 15 mins (shopkeeper's fone), I decided to drop the X6 idea and buy the Wave S8500.

Ok, I'm not going to write the features over here! But they are indeed awesome! Same Pinch :)

@Rahul - Dude, Congrats for both the items! The Sony Bravia 40NX500 is a great great buy. You'll definitely love it. It has the Intelligent Picture Plus and LiveColor thing that makes the images crispier and more like LED TV. One thing I would like to advice you is to install it in a place where no direct sunlight from windows/door falls on the screen. Post back your experience buddy!

driftpunk2010-08-04 19:02:27

Hi guys, today suddenly my N85's display got blank & its hinting me change my mobile finally as i have already replaced my screen for around rs.3000 & now i dont want to make any expense on this one.

Though i still like this piece, its enough now.

So please suggest me a good phone, here are my requirements.

1.)Big screen, minimum 2.6"

2.)Good music, minimum 5MP camera with flash & good video capabalities.

3.)User friendly, touch screen not necessary.

4.)Though i always like to go for Nokia for its reliability & user friendliness but now i guess i can move to another brand as Nokia's current line-up doesnt excites me, but other brand it should be reliable enough & trouble free for atleast 2years & should have good service backup too.

5.)I dont think i want to go for a slider phone after this, they need lots of maintenance.

6.)should have AMOLED screen, i have this now & i am addicted to it for its crystal clear & real life display.

7.)should have other features like 3G, GPS navigation, good sound both output as well as with earphones, easy internet connectivity, etc.

Finally its budget, well i am willing to spend around 20k, if something is more interesting i can extend a bit.

Also please dont recommend me any Express music phones from Nokia.

Please help me guys...

I think the Apple iPad is just an oversized version of the iPod touch. Of course it has additional features. I'd rather get myself a new laptop, probably get myself an Alienware gaming rig or something lol. Any of you guys playing Starcraft 2? Definitely the best game to come out this decade!:D

If you are strictly within 20k then, the phone that I think most suits your requirements is Xperia X10 Mini/Mini Pro(qwerty).

It has excellent camera and multimedia capabilities and the screen is exactly 2.6 inches.

Android OS along with the famous Timescape UI help sweeten the deal further.

Similar phone is HTC Wildfire but its screen is not as good as the Sony, and you definitely cant compare camera and multimedia of Sony and HTC while in the same segment.

Amother phones to have a look at is Sony Ericsson Vivaz. It has a 8 Mega Pixel camera with 720p video recording, and a powerful 780 MHz processor. The only drawback would be the Symbian OS.

Also look at the HTC Legend. It has an Android OS but unlike the Vivaz it has a 5 MP camera and no 720p recording.

Expected prices.

HTC Wildfire/ SE Xperia Mini/Mini Pro- Rs15-16k

SE Vivaz/HTC Legend 22-23k.

If you want your phone to stand out have a look at Motorola Backflip which has a unique way to get out your qwerty board out. It is about to be launched(or is it already?) and the official site gives a suggested price at around RS 19700. If you dont have faith in sliders I dont think you would have much faith in this either.

The phone that I will finally recommend will be SE Vivaz for its all round performance and features combinations.

Thanks Rahul.

Well i went to check some handsets today, came across Nokia C6 & E5(both were for grey markets but would be launched soon). C6 was very similar to SE Vivaz, looks wise & price was 16.5k.

Also saw Nokia N97mini & Xperia Minipro, Vivaz. Xperia though is a nice range but mini was too small for that price, its was too small to hold too but was priced at 16.5k & Vivaz didnt had that classy feel that a 22k phone should have.

Now what i feel, specs wise Nokia N97mini too was nice at 18.5k but its a symbain again. And came to know that N8 might get launched next week with tag of around 23k which seemed good as it has some great features. Can anyone share more info on this please.

Also can anyone compare N97mini, Xperia mini pro & Vivaz pro on performance & features basis.

Also, is Symbain now that bad as compared to Android?

And what about Samsung Wave & Galaxy, & others in that range, though was not interested in Samsung but lots of excitement is there nowadays for it.bluesapphire2010-08-11 06:56:09