speed

The Gadgets and Gizmos thread!

basic difference between HD2 and HD mini is size ' date=' HD2 has 4.2 inch screen and HD mini is about 3.2 and HD2 has 1 GHZ processor while HD mini uses 600 MHZ

?

pick between legend and Hd2 , while HD2 has 1 ghz processor , Legend has andriod 2.1, HD2 uses windows 6.5
[/quote'] So which one is better Android or Windows.?

well its a matter of personal choice here , check out both , see which one u like to operate , both are good softwares but Andriod will support more Apps and windows will give u more connectivity to net and PC

@Rahul, i like E72 but i generally dont prefer these type of phones due to its keypad, the buttons are too small to use when on the move, previously i was also impressed with E71 but because of this reason i bought N85, same with my father, for same reason he bought N79. The buttons are too small to hold when you need to use it fast or even sometimes typing without seeing.

As per your use it would be better to go for an android phone. HTC Tattoo is also very good in 14k, and HTC Wildfire for around 16k. Windows based phones are really outdated with lagging interface. Also Moto milestone XT720 is a new phone which came out recently. Take any of these and if you can stretch a bit say to 25k, then go for samsung galaxy s,it's super amoled screen is just outstanding.

Does any other phone other than upcoming N8 is compatible with USB-on-the-go feature. N8 comes with mini USB port but nokia gives a converter(USB to miniUSB) with which you can connect & access your flash drives on your mobile phone which to me is great feature.

Now my question is, many phone comes with mini USB port but are they all compatible this feature i mentioned, above, i mean can we connect through a converter in same way or only N8 comes with this.

Guys, finally 2weeks before i got Samsung Wave, i was quite busy these days so couldnt update this thread.

It was love at sight, i never thought i would buy a Samsung mobile anyday but when i saw it, it was great, the touch, the Super AMOLED display, the sound both output as well as with earphone was quite good. Overall it has everything but the only confusion was Samsung as a brand & its new OS Bada, though i still miss many features of my Nokia but then changing brands always have some misses & some new features company specific.

I bought it for 17.5k & got 3k for my damaged N85, except its slider mess, the N85 was masterpiece i must say, i just loved it.

Pros of Wave.

1Ghz processor & 512 Mb ram for faster processing.

Best display,

Excellent sound,

Good Camera,

Very user friendly touch interface,

some nice apps available at Samsung App store,

sleek looks & big screen,

Excellent gaming experience, i am loving the NFS shift.

Cons :

Not great battery life, stands just 2days with not so heavy usage,

Bada is still limited with apps & is not so open like Android or Symbain

Its not as grippy to hold but cover comes for rescue.

The Memo option for writing notes has limited space for character which should not be the case with Smartphone, i had an important note which is quite big but i cant use the same in Wave, very bad.

There is not enough sync between MMC & Phone memory.

Also a big thanks to Driftpunk & Mr.spock who helped me to solve my queries.

Also now my mom's N82 is having some problems with the buttons & thus we are going to buy a new one for her, she wants to stick with Nokia & no touch phones, that left us with just E52 or E71/E72. I asked her whether she will be comfortable with the small buttons on Qwerty phones & after checking she liked E72 more than E52, we also liked E71 for its smart looks.

But i have heard that there are some problems with E72, software related, is that true as we really liked that but if there is some problem then we dont mind going for old & proven E71, the difference between both is looks, camera & scroll button. I dont see any major difference other than these.

If there are any users or anyone who has used any of them, please pour in your reviews, it would be of great help.

Thanks.

Not heard of any issues with E series. Also Nokia regularly updates its softwares so even if there was I am pretty sure it was taken care of.

The major difference between E71 and E72 is that the latter has a much faster processor.

Also you may want to wait a month as Nokia will be launching it latest C series phones in India.

Thanks Archit & Bornfree, well till now i am happy with Wave except for its battery life & few other things ofcourse because i have always remained a Symbain user.

@Sarabjeet, well E75 to my knowledge is discontinued, & even if its not its definately not a successful piece, it always had some bugs & slider again does some mess.

Guys, 2days back we bought E52 for my mom, though we ordered E72 but suddenly mom said to get her E52 Gold & thus we bought that at around 12k & got 4k for N82. Seems to be a nice phone & Gold color is very good too, just that camera isnt as great.

Got an Ipad for work(testing and development). My partner company from Australia sent it over. Have been playing around with it for a week now. There are quite a few ingenious features which Apple and Mr.Jobs should be given full credit for. Its a rather entertaining products and some of the apps are simply brilliant. It although, will never replace the existing machines as anyone's primary computer, it still makes a very good secondary/travel gadgets.

Biggest problems which are extremely annoying

NO USB port
NO Camera

Some pics with the original apple cover(paid 70$ extra but worth it)IMG00087-20101127-2328.jpgIMG00089-20101127-2335.jpg

Apple has ingenious moments and then some really big blunders too. They rarely copy from others but inspire others on a regular basis. I just wish they would follow the conventional way on somethings so it makes for people like me to be fans. Which I am not as yet.
asethi9192010-11-27 18:25:23

Congrats, I had almost asked my friend coming from U.S. to bring along iPad but changed my mind at the last moment. A new updated iPad is expected early next year.

I was keen on 36gb, 3G. Which one is yours?

Samsung seems to be asking more for its Tab. Many dealers are pushing it with huge discounts. Dell streak has smaller display. Do a very research before you buy one. In India, there are some 10 ipad copycat selling less than 10k with decent features.

Once the sub 2k ipad gets released in India coming jan, other players will start to dish out decently spec'd ipad sub 10k. IMHO, the next revolution after mobile phone will be the Tablet's.

congrats on the iPad asethi!

i want an iPad. a best buddy of mine has one and i have extensively used it.

now i have to replace my old horse -iPhone 2G. guys suggest. I want to try android this time but i also think i should go for an iphone 4. i was considering a BB Torch but after using it, dropped the plan!

My phone is absolutely frustrating to work with, will never buy a Nokia touchscreen phone again, so much so I have already broken one stylus, I don't know when I'm going to break the phone. When it works it works fine when it doesn't it drives me nuts. Funny thing is till I had the BSNL 3G sim on it was working fine, once I put in my Aircel sim, its become a nightmare (my aircel sim has been with me since 1997: yes it's 13 years old!! it's the number my clients have and can't risk changing that till mobile number portability arrives in Jan 2011). Aircel sim and my Nokia 5800 is one marriage on the rocks. 

@BF

Symbian has come back very strongly with its Symbian v3 first debuted in Nokia N8 and now in many phones.

@DD

5800 was Nokia's first experiment with the touchscreen. Have you kept updating the software in our phone. Recent updates have improved its usability but there is only so much an update can do. You can get a duplicate Aircel sim, by reporting it as malfunctioning. The charge a very nominal amount (<50RS) for it.

@Archit

Go for either Xperia X10 or HTC Desire. Both are excellent phones. I especially love Xperia's interface. However waiting for a month would be better as market will now soon be flooded with an array of Windows Phone 7 mobiles, and if reviews are to be believed it is revolutionary, and takes the iOS and Android Head-On

@archit - windows 7 phones have lot of short comings and interface is not that good when compared to ios or android.I will not recommend them.apps are limited anyway.I will request you to  wait till next year when Nokia debuts symbian 4 os.