speed

The Gadgets and Gizmos thread!

what are the issues with Lenovo?

Mainly the issues are unreliability. If we see those which are ot ThinkPads, the chances of getting a defect like screen, tuchpad heating issues, etc are much more than o brand like Dell.

None of the manufacturesrs are perfect, but its the ratio that matters and that is where Dell is ahead. HP is good in terms of reliabiltity too but for the heating issues.

My preference in the budget range

1.Dell Vostro

2.Thinkpad=Dell Inspiron

wow, such nice information about the car gadgets an thanks for posting gadgets list. It increase the fill and interest to drive car for driver. they can drive car with full of enjoy. Day by day developed new gadget for car. I mention some good gadgets bellowed.

Touch screen car monitor,

Alcohol tester,

Blue-tooth rear-view car mirror. etc. You can find more gadgets from internet.

So finally, the Galaxy S III is launched. The videos and promo's show it in limelight. No comments till I lay my hands on it, although the spec's and the benchmark tests will make you speak no less than great words about it.

samsung-galaxy-s3.jpg

@BF: Thanks, I'm not a guru by a long shot, just a novice. Nikon Coolpix P510 cost me Rs.23,232 on Flipkart; though I got lower quotes from Ebay the merchants and their advt's were absolutely shady. Quotes on Ebay go down to as much as Rs. 22,950. The MRP on nikon.co.in is Rs. 23,950.

@Librankur: Thanks.

@DD

Very good shot indeed. You have well mastered the art of stability and I can tell you that it is not easy taking pics at the farthest end of zoom. Light is good too. Keep snapping. But do repair your Samsung as well.

Update guys !!

Bought Laptop : Lenovo G570 budget laptop @33k all.

Specs : i3, 4gb ram, 1 gb graphics, 500 gb hdd, wifi, b/t, card reader, Wind 7 Home Basic, MacAfee a/v, switchable graphics, energy management system.

Free : Backpack, usb mouse, pendrive, usb light, screen guard, headphone.

As many of you know, I had a HP mini, bought around 3 years ago(running fine). This new one will go with me to Hyderabad, while Mini will be used by Mom. Here are some snaps and comparison with mini size. Enjoy.

dscn1449v.jpg

dscn1455y.jpg

dscn1456a.jpg

dscn1459r.jpg

dscn1463p.jpg

dscn1467x.jpg

dscn1468a.jpg

dscn1469k.jpg

Coming up next is apple ipad 2 and phone

@BornFree

Thanks smiley1.gif. Yes, its 2nd gen i3, speed is 2.30ghz and i5 would have been 2.50ghz (turbo boost upto 3.00ghz), but I do not know why and how i will utilize that 0.20 ghz extra ? also budget was a concern, so both ways i stuck to i3 one.

Home premium comes with lappy's over 50k or even more. below that all with home basic and a few home professional. Even if I took a DOS one, I had to spend 8k more to upgrade. So kind of helpless here. Just thought than a genuine Win7 HB is better than a DOS.

@DD

Thank you so much. Thank you so much and Thank you so muchsmiley4.gif. Do keep taking photos.

@librankur

Thanks, I thought that this one was the best within my budget. Ipad update will be very soon. The selected model is 16GB wifi + 3G. Phone confusion is still there. Lets see if I can zero in on one soon.

Almost Diwali, except for a new Car. But I wont regret because I already have an eight years old NEW car.

@Nishu

Thank you. Sure I will keep you all updated.

Yes, to be true, Sony one appealed to my heart but price and specs made me decide this. More head than heart here.

@librankur

Thanks' date=' I thought that this one was the best within my budget. Ipad update will be very soon. The selected model is 16GB wifi + 3G. Phone confusion is still there. Lets see if I can zero in on one soon.

Almost Diwali, except for a new Car. But I wont regret because I already have an eight years old NEW car.

[/quote']

Another 33K for the ipad alone , hit some sort of a jackpot it seems 

smiley4.gif

@rahul Thanks a lot. I will consider a better OS soon. Might go for 7 pro or ultimate. @librankurNot 33k' date=' much much less than that. I will get it at a special price.

[/quote']

Why go for 7? Wait for 8. Meanwhile you can download free full preview licensed to use 3 months into launch from http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/iso

@rahul

I will download that 8 for my mini first. If I am ok with it, I will continue to do it for the lenovo too. Requirement seems fine for mini too.

Secondly, help me with certain software queries.

1. What is microsoft silverlight and what is its use ?

2. How much is the price of genuine Office 10 ? Will it be a problem if I install a copied version with product key?

3. What is domain support ? Is it so, that home basic does not support domain ?

@librankur

Not 33k' date=' much much less than that. I will get it at a special price.
[/quote']

Below 30K is it?

You have my un divided attention on this one , do share with us your special price

smiley1.gif

Yes, the requirement is fine, but that is the minimum requirements. And it will run the basic version without the smoothness. I have been running it since the day it launched, and trust me when I say that you want to experience the full version on your new laptop.

Also for mini you will need 32 bit, while for your lenovo (>3GB RAM) you will need 64 bit Windows 8.

Regarding your questions.

1.Silverlight is something similar to Adobe Flash developed by Microsoft. It is very powerful, but currently only a few sites use it because Microsoft has dumped the project and its functionality has been combine in .NET Framework 4.0

2.Office 2010 Home edition costs around 4000. If you are not a hevy user with use of advance functionalities, you may want to use the FREE LibreOffice used in all linux systems. For medium usage it is just as good as Office 2010 except for some .docx .pptx .xlsx files, and when you feel the need to use those extensions and LibreOffice not opening it correctly, you can use the online free application officially by Microsoft at skydrive.live.com.

3. Domain (for websites) is similar to address. Domain support is just customer support provided by Microsoft which is of use to professionals, not for general users.

i feel car/bike lovers generally are passionate people & gadget freaks. a complete ride would mean a good set of wheels, a nicely dressed driver with cool gadgets , gizmos & accessories.

so, i thought as we share our auto experiences, why not also share exp. about:

the gadgets we own,- from mobiles to laptops to digicams, in car gadgets-gps &sat nav systems, tech. watches, hi tech adventure gear & so on.

so, people go on share your belongings.

ill start with mine:

nokia n82 mobile phone

compaq presario notebook (core 2 duo)

sony cybershot digicam (8 mega pixels)

tissot t-touch watch

Tissot watches are awsome! Nice choise bro!

Hi,

I'm a Tech-crazy also! I Right now owns Micromax a70 cellphone (android 2.2, 660Mhz, bought @ 7k before 18months), Compaq CQ40 ( Core2duo 2.2 Ghz, 3GB Ram) & My favorite Desktop.( Core 2 duo 2.2, original intel Motherbord, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA TEGRA , bought 6 years ago, CPU alone cost me huge 35k & biggest tragidy is that It has 10 year old Samtron Colour CRT moniter & arround 20 years old 2 Huge Sony Speakers!)

Share Your Opinion!