speed

The Gadgets and Gizmos thread!

How to upgrade the browser of the Sony Internet TV , the browser plays videos but does not play live streaming video , it says " PLUG IN MISSING" and when i try to update it , their is a ADOBE message , there is no update for your browser .

PS: Sony Internet TV has the OPERA TV browser

Didnt get you ? Reached ?

The iPad was a gift and was a date specific purchase 14 Feb as was discussed during the time we were in conversation over the same.

I remember you said a newer iPad was coming in March, is it here already?

Samsung unveils 5-inch Galaxy S4 with 8-core processor, 13MP camera

New Delhi: Samsung has announced the next-generation Galaxy S4 smartphone. The phone has a large screen size and battery. It weighs 130g and is 7.9 mm thick. It is slimmer than it predecessor. Initially, the phone will come in two colour options - Black Mist and White Frost, with a variety of additional colour options to follow later this year.

The Galaxy S4 has a 5-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels at 441 ppi. The S 4's screen is 56 percent larger than the iPhone's. The phone will be powered by a 1.9 GHz Quad-Core Processor or a 1.6 GHz Octa-Core processor. The selection of the processor will be differed by markets.

Running Android 4.2.2 OS, the Galaxy S4 has a 13 megapixel auto focus camera with flash and zero shutter lag. It has a 2 megapixel front camera with Full HD recording @30fps with zero shutter lag.

The phone will come in three variants - 16GB, 32GB and 64GB; it allows you to expand the memory up to 64GB via a microSD card. The Galaxy S4 has 2GB RAM. It is powered by a 2600 mAh battery. The S 4 has a battery that's 20 per cent larger than that of the S III.

The Galaxy S4 supports HSPA+42 Mbps and 4G LTE. Its connectivity options include WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (HT80), GPS / GLONASS, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0 (LE), IR LED (Remote Control), MHL 2.0.

Availability

The Galaxy S4, which crams a 5-inch screen into body slightly smaller than the S III's, will go on sale globally in the April to June period. In the US, it will be sold by all four national carriers - Verizon Wireless, AT&T, Sprint Nextel and T-Mobile USA - as well as by smaller ones US Cellular and Cricket.

What all is new in the Galaxy S4

The Galaxy S4 also boasts a 'Dual Camera' function that allows simultaneous use of both front and rear cameras. When capturing moments, users can choose from a variety of frame effects which blend the two pictures naturally and also adjust the size of the small picture inside the big one. The Eraser feature allows you to clean the frame. You can easily remove unnecessary elements from the frame simply by touching while taking a picture.

Users can select 8 different ways to combine the two photos taken by the front camera and the rear camera. At the same time, the 'Dual Video Call' function enables you to make and receive a video call with friends and family while showing what you are looking at during the call.

The 'Drama Shot' allows you to see all the action in one continuous time-lapse, and 'Sound & Shot' stores sound and voice together as the picture is taken so those special moments are captured in the truest form imaginable, exactly as they happened.

The meaningful moments can also now automatically be stored in a photo album, with the new 'Story Album' function. Photos taken by the Galaxy S4 are automatically gathered and sorted out according to your timeline, geo-tagging information, or a specific event to create a photo album.

With its 'Group Play' function, users can enjoy music, photos, documents and games with those around them without even requiring a WiFi AP or cellular signal.

The Galaxy S4 is said to bring all people closer together by breaking down language barriers. It makes international travel a joy, with 'S Translator' which provides instant translation, using text or voice translation on applications including email, text message and ChatON.

'Samsung Smart Pause' enables you to control the screen by where you look. When you are watching a video, the video pauses when you look away then it starts right up again when you are back. 'Samsung Smart Scroll' allows you to scroll the browser or emails up and down without touching the screen. It recognises your face looking at the screen and movement of your wrist and then scroll the pages up or down accordingly.

'Air View' allows users to hover with their fingers to preview the content of an email, S Planner, image gallery or video without having to open it. You can even see a magnified view on the internet browser, or a phone number saved in the speed dial on the keypad. With 'Air Gesture', you can change the music track, scroll up and down a web page, or accept a call with a wave of your hand.

'Samsung Adapt Display' adjusts brightness, contrast and saturation automatically according to the environment. It provides an optimal viewing experience.

In the last two years, Samsung has emerged as Apple's main competitor in the high-end smartphone market. At the same time, it has sold enough inexpensive low-end phones to edge out Nokia as the world's largest maker of phones.

The Galaxy line has been Samsung's chief weapon in the smartphone fight, and it has succeeded in making it a recognizable brand while competitors like Taiwan's HTC and Korean rival LG have stumbled. Samsung has sold 100 million Galaxy S phones since they first came out in 2010. That's still well below the 268 million iPhones Apple has sold in the same period, but Samsung's sales rate is catching up.

Source : IBN

Its effect : S3 is now going for 31K

Guys, please launch mobile apps for the forum!

With my engineering entrance approaching closer & closer, It's real hard to spare time to switch on the PC!

I agree. even Team-BHP has their own mobile app for iOS and Andriod OS'. We should also have one

Those keen on S4, hold your horses for a while. The prices are sure to come down but that's not the concern. On this device Samsung is testing some new things, first batch of customers could be guinea pigs! Also the all plastic body is nothing great.

How is the Samsung Galaxy Tab 310, the calling one.

The new price of 16300 is moith watering , it also boasts of Android , 4.1.2

Any other reliable Tab with calling feature , SIM and expandable SD slot in 7"

The Tab 310 looks good and does have call feature as well. but I find a bit to big to use as a phone apart from a tab. Apart from that I picked up a Samsung Galaxy Grand phone a couple of weeks ago. Great features for the price 21500/- A super change from my Blackberry Curve

The calling feature is not for regular use but atleast its good to have a calling option in a tab , also a SIM insures 3G access on the move and message support, how else can you use the most popular Apps on the move on a Tab.

Its looks like the forum members are taking onto the GRAND in a big way.Will have check it out

Which feature excites you the most.

Samsung is certainly turning out to be a pain in Apples A..

The Tab 310 looks good and does have call feature as well. but I find a bit to big to use as a phone apart from a tab. Apart from that I picked up a Samsung Galaxy Grand phone a couple of weeks ago. Great features for the price 21500/- A super change from my Blackberry Curve

I got it at 20K with help of the seller from whom I had bought my 4 cellphones in the past.

And yes indeed it is great device correction... "Phablet" at right price.

Edited by Sstar

Wont tethering eat into the power on both of your devices , in my case it needs to be ON the whole day long.

When you say 3G costs 14K what does it mean ?,is it the price of the Calling Tab that i put at 16K

Also anyone using a portable 3G WiFi Router , the one that looks like a 3G Data Card and has a USB port built in where the 3G Data Card goes in.

If yes do write a review.

I can't use a 3G Tab for various reasons:

- You need a separate SIM with activated 3G

- 3G really expensive

- Don't use it so often, Wifi at home & work

- Tether with IOS or Android phone.

Hence sold my iPad 3G in lieu of Wifi model.

Finally the hunt ended.

Congrats BF.

Do share some pics & details of its usage.

Thanks, sure coming up...

I could only hold it in the boxed form ,I also bought the Smart Case with it. Do buy it early to protect it completely.

Have cases/covers from old iPad3, guess those shall fit this one too.

Im choosing between(Phablets) Micromax Canvas HD, XOLO A800, Samsung Grand Duos. Saw the later two in the market but Canvas HD is hard to come by due to huge demand!

Have Tablets & Mobiles, was missing action in this new segment.