speed

The Gadgets and Gizmos thread!

I was looking for something like the Mobiwik.Hope to see more inputs from other forum users.

Try 'Paytm' app. Its quite an easy to operate & has huge promotional coupons/offers for every recharge.

O.T: Guys can we please shift this app discussion on dedicated 'apps thread' further.

I just bought another device, this time for my wife. I opted for Nokia Lumia 620.

Pros...

Suberb visibility, even better than my Samsung Grand

UI is as smooth as butter

User friendly design. Actually not many people like a 5'' wide screen

Very lite in weight

Faster App functioning

Unlimited Nokia Music/Video library access which has millions of songs :)

Excellent 5 PM camera with flash, having a smart shot feature which takes 5 rapid shots and then you can choose the best one to keep, rest it will discard.

Front Camera.

Price...i bought it 13700 INR.

4'' screen

Cons,

it lacks the gorilla glass

Slightly more thicker

Edited by Sstar

The problem that i found with all my Nokias is that they lack good app. store.I mean they are fairly limited.

Also the phone is programmed to mostly update on the Mobile Data connection for all the apps that come preloaded.Even if you have a healthy WiFi connection , it simply refuses to update these ones otherwise.

Its browser is another talk of the town.

The only good thing about Nokia is that they come in funky colours , Samsung achieves this colour craze only through its accessories .

Was taking about the preloaded apps

also this similar model is availabe at HS18 for a shade under 12K

As for me ,New additions include

5Star rated Voltas AC 185MX

AOC 32inch , LCD with LED backlight whatever that means (was ripped off big time)

Book Cover for Tab2 (gifted)

Was taking about the preloaded apps

also this similar model is availabe at HS18 for a shade under 12K

Yeah perhaps true. But dont trust online buying for electronic gadgets as recently I bought something from HS18 and it was defected, when I called them for replacement, they directed me to call manufacturer itself.

So I chose, better pay extra rather than be sorry.

Here are my devices:

Phone - HTC One

Tablet - iPad 2 (older one)

Laptop - Sony Viao

iPod touch (First gen)

Apps on my phone:

True caller

Tasker

Unified remote

Subway Surfers

Whatsapp

Dropbox - This has saved me many times in my office when I forget to take my PD containing presentations with me :)

Polaris office - lets me edit and save Microsoft office documents

Does anyone among us have the Samsung Galaxy Tab (the very first one)? I desperately need to borrow the Samsung Kies software CD that came along with the device.

I would advice you to go for the 3g,wifi varient as 3g is very handy when you are using the device outside .

I have some intresting apps on my LG Optimus 2x (word's 1st dual core phone :D)

I have rooted it to 4.2.2 CM10 so it doesn't lag and I don't really need a new model because the build quality of this device is excellent

Apps I use atleast 3 times a week

Root Browser

Bosch Fun 2 Drive

Torque (not the game one)

Gear shifter

Tunein radio

Watsapp / Wechat

TOI

CNET

F12013

For some apps to run you need a bluetooth ELM327 adapter which you connect to the OBD2 port to get real time figures from the car on the mobile.

Checked out Samsung Galaxy Note 3,

post-67-0-71785800-1380212215_thumb.jpg

Felt too much similar to previous Samsung Galaxy with almost similar UI, menu, icons & samsung apps. Camera is very average for a cellphone costing Rs.~50k.

Due to almost same UI as previous samsung galaxy phones, i even didn't liked to check it completely.

Looking for a 3G/ADSL WIRELESS wifi modem from home use.

I need a modem that supports ADSL and also has the capability to take in a 2G /3G dongle , like the 3G dongles from mobile companies like Vodafone,Reliance etc

do write back with a few names , if you know of some.

Otherwise, just let me know the current wifi modem you are currently using , need to upgrade mine badly.

Mine is a free one / on rental , that i got with my broadband connection with MTNL,DELHI.

Librankur, did you purchase a new router or are you still looking out for one?

If you are, i would recommend D-Link's DSL-2750U Wireless N ADSL2 4-Port Wi-Fi Router.

I am using one for more than 6 months now. No problems so far, strong range (crosses min. 3 walls with greatest of ease). 1st time set up procedure is a bit lengthy but not at all difficult!!

Also check out its list of features which include, firewall, WPA Security, IP Filtering etc.

For price, detailed informaton and reviews from other users visit: http://www.flipkart.com/d-link-dsl-2750u-wireless-n-adsl2-4-port-wi-fi-router/p/itmd4ky52tgtbawn

Checked out Samsung Galaxy Note 3,

post-67-0-71785800-1380212215_thumb.jpg

Felt too much similar to previous Samsung Galaxy with almost similar UI, menu, icons & samsung apps. Camera is very average for a cellphone costing Rs.~50k.

Due to almost same UI as previous samsung galaxy phones, i even didn't liked to check it completely.

i got one :D