speed

The Gadgets and Gizmos thread!

Nice catch buddy.

Will have a TD soon of the product.

What got me excited was that majority of reviews were of MTNL /BSNL users.

You tell me have you used a 3G dongle with it ?

Does the modem switch automatically between ADSL and 3G dongle when either one is down.

I mean if ADSL link is DOWN the 3G dongle comes alive and keeps serving you till the time the ADSL link is not UP and then switches back to ADSL to save costs.

Thank you for the compliment Librankur.

And yes, I am a MTNL user too!!

Well a slot has been provided for your 3G stick but the only problem is that the maximum speed you will get using your 3G stick is limited to 2.5 Mbps.

Amm, sorry I haven't tried a 3G stick on my router, so I can't tell you about whether or not it switches between connections automatically.

But I guess it should!! Its one of the best routers in that price range!!

thanks again.

congrats on your note 3 .

did you find whats the hype about ?

did you buy the gear also ?

are they sold as a unit or individually , they always seem to appear together in the current ads on the TV.

Also, The switching that i was talking about is crucial for me , its technically called AUTO WAN FAILOVER.Looking for one in my new router.

congrats on your note 3 .

did you find whats the hype about ?

did you buy the gear also ?

are they sold as a unit or individually , they always seem to appear together in the current ads on the TV.

Thanks!

and about what hype are you talking about?

for the Gear, it wasnt launched in india when i bought note 3. i got it on the first day of launch

and gear is not available as a pair with note 3, it will be sold individually

Librankur, with regards to the Auto WAN Failover question, try writing an email to d-link's customer care at: helpdesk@dlink.co.in

Or you can contact them at their toll free number specifically meant for pre sales: 1800-23-30000

They will surely help you out.

Congrats dr_nishu. :) :)

Congrats Doc. :D

Thanks lxtreme & BF.

wow , an early diwali gift for yourself

What was the damage on the pocket

I have an S4 , how much is this different for that , just the screen size or a significant something else also

Hahaha.. not diwali though but a long pending one, since last 6 months.

Got it for 22k.

It lacks Multi-window tasking though Multi-window video streaming is still there.

Camera is 8MP with Sound & Shot feature also with upto 9secs audio recording with pic & many more features also.

Dr_Nishu, congrats on your s4 mini, but the krait processor it has is old now! there were many other devices in the market!

Thanks.

Not an issue for me though. It's 1.7 GHz & is super-fast for this phone configuration.

RAM is 1.5 GB & Internal memory is 8GB.

Still taking sweet time to get adapted to its Super AMOLED display & its new aspect ratio.

Its font size is also small due to higher resolution of its display but clarity, brightness & color saturation is super awesome.

DP reduced today! Available for 20K now.

I got it at lowered prices. Initially it was ~26k & a day before i bought it was reduced to 22k.

Chapter closed after that, till itch for next handset occurs.

but still, other phones in 30k are better like Xperia ZR

I know, but ZR priced around 26-27k & another deal breaker was the lack of its ASC.

2ndly, My budget was a bit lower so S4 mini was the best option for me, considering it is having more goodies than other premium Samsung devices.

Still taking sweet time to get adapted to its Super AMOLED display & its new aspect ratio.

Its font size is also small due to higher resolution of its display but clarity, brightness & color saturation is super awesome.

I got it at lowered prices. Initially it was ~26k & a day before i bought it was reduced to 22k.

Chapter closed after that, till itch for next handset occurs.

I know, but ZR priced around 26-27k & another deal breaker was the lack of its ASC.

2ndly, My budget was a bit lower so S4 mini was the best option for me, considering it is having more goodies than other premium Samsung devices.

But still, all the mini version like htc one mini and all are way behind competition...... i would have gone for zr or cheaper SP!

Hi guys

i have come to UK for studies and now starts the great gadget itch. I already have a BB Z10 and Q5 but now want another phone, i have shortlisted iPhone 5c (not 5s because it comes with a contract) and Sony Xperia Z1. Have also considered Note 3 and Samsung galaxy Beam but dunno samsung losses its charm pretty quickly.

Though i like the Z1 but am little inclined towards iPhone 5c because then i can get a dock and have fun with great add ons .

And Sony always is the last one to get a android update plus they have a very bad resale value ( i change my phone every 8 months).

Also help me with speakers , i have shortlisted Sonos play 1, JBL one Venue and Bose sound link III out of these Sonos has the best output but isn't portable. Any other good speakers for under $200 ?

Also help me with speakers , i have shortlisted Sonos play 1, JBL one Venue and Bose sound link III out of these Sonos has the best output but isn't portable. Any other good speakers for under $200 ?

Go for the SONOS. Its great.

Why are you selling the S4 mini? I mean is there some software issue or you frequently change the phone. I recently got Xperia C for my sis @ 19k and its got 5 inch screen with excellent build quality . I wouldn't recommend the Nexus because the body feels filmsy but overall the Optimus series has excellent build quality, I have Optimus 2x since 2011 and I am waiting for a day for it to break physically but trust me its really good .

Why are you selling the S4 mini? I mean is there some software issue or you frequently change the phone. I recently got Xperia C for my sis @ 19k and its got 5 inch screen with excellent build quality .

Actually that handset was having issues with network compatibility of my Vodafone SIM card. Initially there was conflict with SAMSUNG Service center & even with Vodafone, so i got to rid of the phone.

So, came the hunt for new phone again. Else, i keep the cellphone for around 1 or 1.5 years.

Yes, Xperia C is good but it's a kind of mid-range phone with mid-spec features like processor, display resolution, etc so shying away from it.

Have been to local mobile store few hours back to what's there in market & i haven't got much chose in my budget range(except Samsung galaxy S3, HTC Desire 500 & iPhone4 8GB), either the handsets are in range of 20k(that're mid-spec) & 30k(Xperia ZR, ZL, HTC desire 600, Galaxy Note 2). So now, either i've to stretch my budget to 30k or have to buy remain satisfied with mid-spec phone.