speed

The Gadgets and Gizmos thread!

Xperia ZL is available for 27k with 6 months ADP, it look like a good deal and my friend picked it put in Diwali, he is impressed with it.

Don't for for HTC they really don't have any phone with in 10-30k (only 3 I guess) also there was network problem with Vodafone with Desire X which my sis had , build quality was extremely poor.

Why not try Indian brand like Micromax the Canvas turbo has good reviews also the Canvas 4 (though mid range types) has good resolution but since you have experienced AmoLED+ then any other screen will be poor for you.

I am looking for an iOS app which can harbour my passwords and credit card info - locally. By locally it means that I don't want it to sync across any devices, just want it to store it there itself. I want the app to be a password keeper app and just store the password, and not sync it with any server, or sync across devices or anything. Simply store it encrypted.

i have another problem .

I am unable to run Flash on my Android Tab (4.2)

Using the in built browser , the website says to download CHROME , on downloading CHROME and then using it to open the website it again says download CHROME :D

What to do ?

site in question , www.speedtest.net by Ookla

i have another problem .

I am unable to run Flash on my Android Tab (4.2)

Using the in built browser , the website says to download CHROME , on downloading CHROME and then using it to open the website it again says download CHROME :D

What to do ?

site in question , www.speedtest.net by Ookla

If you're having its data backup then it's better to factory reset the device as an app might not function properly when it's removed or re-installed many a times, probably due to temporary files or cookies related reason.

Most of the times, Chorme easily gets infected with flash player related issues.

I would have suggested the Nexus 5 @ 30k but the camera is not that good. The HTC 1 has brilliant camera but Nokia 1020 is the benckmark but is priced @ 38k and only 925 comes next @ 28k.

Won't recommend Samsung cause they all look the same and the build quality is not impressive at this price range.

I would have suggested the Nexus 5 @ 30k but the camera is not that good. The HTC 1 has brilliant camera but Nokia 1020 is the benckmark but is priced @ 38k and only 925 comes next @ 28k.

Won't recommend Samsung cause they all look the same and the build quality is not impressive at this price range.

Thanks, I am ready to spend another 3k for 1020. Is it worth it??

Yup its worth getting the 1020 if camera is the primary feature. Wait a week and the price will drop by 2-3k atleast since people usually don't want to spend 40k for Nokia these days.

Yup its worth getting the 1020 if camera is the primary feature. Wait a week and the price will drop by 2-3k atleast since people usually don't want to spend 40k for Nokia these days.

Thanks a lot.

Kindly suggest a decent girly ANDROID mobile phone within 15K.

Need to gift it on Christmas.

Sony Xperia L and HTC Desire VT would be a good buy. But you need a girly one! then Xperia L would be great :)

Kindly suggest a decent girly ANDROID mobile phone within 15K.

Need to gift it on Christmas.

You are in luck!!! The Google's Great Online Shopping Festival (GOSF) is going on!!

This is a 72 hours shopping fiesta which began on 11th December at 00:00 hours and will be ending on 13th December at 23:59 hours!!

Many retailers are participating and huge discounts are being offered on apparels, accessories, electronics, jewellery etc.!!

For more details visit: http://www.gosf.in/

Flipkart is offering upto 15% off on selected mobiles, where as Snapdeal is offering Extra 2% discount over and above their existing discounts!! Don't miss it!!!

As for the mobile, i would suggest you to have a look at the Sony Xperia L or the Sony Xperia M Dual. Both phones are value for money devices!!

But if you can stretch your budget a bit, then you could consider buying the Sony Xperia C which is available for a little under 17 grands (on Flipkart) and is definately a much better device than the L or the M Dual.

And if you are not a very brand cautious person, then you should consider the Micromax Canvas Turbo! Its priced a little under 17 grands too (on Flipkart), but has specifications that would put a 30 grand phone to shame!

Enjoy Shopping!!

Thanks again.

New requirement needs the phone to not be bulky in terms of its size.Remember the legacy sized mobiles phones we used to have.That size .

Talking of GOSF ,whats interesting is NISSANs association with it.

The latest Nissan car sales that started online now offer additional discounts on its models over the existing discounts on Terrano 10k , Evalia 230K , 40K on Micra and 75K on Sunny .

Grand 2 Specs Vs Grand

Grand

• 1 GB RAM
  • 1.2 GHz Dual Core Processor
  • 5 inches - LCD Display
  • 8 GB Internal Memory (UsedBy - System 4 GB, User 4 GB)
  • 8 MP Rear Camera (for HD Video/Photos)
  • 2 MP Front Facing Camera
  • 2000 mAh Battery

Price – 17K to 18K

Grand 2

• 1.5 GB RAM
  • 1.2 GHz Quad Core Processor
  • 5.25 inches - 1280 x 720 full HD LCD Display
  • 8 GB Internal Memory (UsedBy - System 4 GB, User 4 GB)
  • 8 MP Rear Camera (for HD Video/Photos)
  • 1.9 MP Front Facing Camera
  • 2600 mAh Battery

Expected Price 22K to 24K - Launch is expected to be in 2014 Jan (1st year anniversary of Grand series)

Edited by Sstar

But do such high end devices really make sense..?

I am saying from the point of view of a common bloke who's monthly income is equivalent to that of the price of such devices!!

I mean.. There was once a time when 15,000 to 18,000 were enough to buy top of the range phones..

And.. Now.. Half a lakh!! And in some cases even more...

Plus.. Its shelf life too is so very short.. I mean.. The device will last for years.. But technologically, it would get outdated in 6 months or less!!

So.. Would it be wise..?

I feel its a niche product.. Something sold for its snob value!!

No wonder reserves of companies like Apple are more than the reserves of USA itself!!

But do such high end devices really make sense..?

I am saying from the point of view of a common bloke who's monthly income is equivalent to that of the price of such devices!!

I mean.. There was once a time when 15,000 to 18,000 were enough to buy top of the range phones..

And.. Now.. Half a lakh!! And in some cases even more...

Plus.. Its shelf life too is so very short.. I mean.. The device will last for years.. But technologically, it would get outdated in 6 months or less!!

So.. Would it be wise..?

I feel its a niche product.. Something sold for its snob value!!

No wonder reserves of companies like Apple are more than the reserves of USA itself!!

GTO its just like buying a veyron. Does it make sense? Not at all. But the owner knows the real value of it. My 2 interests are in cars and gadgets. Though I cant afford a ferrari but atleast these phones are in my budget! That's why I have got all the latest gadgetry in my house.