speed

The Gadgets and Gizmos thread!

@LeoRahi, I would suggest you have a look at below options also under 20k (if you are not so brand conscious)

Huawei Honor 6

Lenovo Vibe X2

Moto X (1st Gen)

Moto G (2nd Gen)

Micromax Canvas Knight A350

Micromax Canvas Gold A300

The Grand 2 that i have is facing a problem after automatic software update , it switches on and off every now and then, post the update.Its not even 5 months old.

Check about this problem , its all over the internet. I am planning to visit the service centre soon.

Week back bought the Knight , cant say much as it was for gifting , i liked its looks though.

Bought the Black - Gold one.

@LeoRahi, I would suggest you have a look at below options also under 20k (if you are not so brand conscious)

Huawei Honor 6

Lenovo Vibe X2

Moto X (1st Gen)

Moto G (2nd Gen)

Micromax Canvas Knight A350

Micromax Canvas Gold A300

Thanks sachins. Don't want to go for a Lenovo. Will check the others though

The Grand 2 that i have is facing a problem after automatic software update , it switches on and off every now and then, post the update.Its not even 5 months old.

Check about this problem , its all over the internet. I am planning to visit the service centre soon.

Week back bought the Knight , cant say much as it was for gifting , i liked its looks though.

Bought the Black - Gold one.

Thanks Librankur. This is really bad. But do the preloaded Kitkat version have the same problem or it is only after the update?

Librankur do check this (just found it on a forum)-

I've fixed this issue.

1. There was advice to WIPE CHACE PARTITION, I did that but problem persist.

2. So I follow my own instinct to to FACTORY RESET and the issue solved. WIFI is working again, button are working and its not restarting anymore.

Bear in mind, take 2 minutes or so to backup your data, I normally backup my SMS and whatsapp message, that's it, others are all in my Google account.

Do factory reset from safemode. while the phone is off, press vol (up) + menu + power, then select the task you desire.

Nexus 6 - Pre launch booking now open

Moto G (2nd Edition) rules the segment you are looking at, though i dont like how it looks.

A recent study shows the falling Samsung and Apple sales graph in india , a country where the lesser mortals are being appreciated more.

Xiomi is ruling the charts .

I went to the Apple Store today and bought the iPhone 6. It was a long wait before Apple moved on to a big screen size. Could have got iPhone 6 plus but I guess that is way to big for me. Will post pics soon.

Congrats! on getting iPhone 6. I see problem with the iPhones is that you cannot transfer any file or pictures to any laptops or MacBooks(white ones). Rest all fine. iPhone 6 is sleek and similar to the cells in vogue.

Galaxy Grand 2 ? Safe bet ?

Tight budget of 20k, grand 2 has got some good reviews over the internet. Any other suggestions?

Simply stay away from Sumsung devices which are lesser than 2 GB RAM and Grand series is most pathetic one in this regard.

Looking for a 10 inch tablet

Basically for my mom, minimum usage mostly shopping on websites and daily video chat sessions with me.

Recently upgraded the wifi speed at my home and her smart phones smaller screen size is limiting the internet experience for her.

The Smart /Web TV is limited to a room and cant be moved around , also its webcam is basically poor .

Dont want to burdern her with a full fledged Laptop that may require some getting used to.

Wanted some suggestions in 10 inch space

Apple iPad Air 2 is up for consideration

i also

Notion Ink (like its pricing and the added keyboard)

Lenovo Yoga 2

your inputs please.

@librankur look into the Windows Surface Pro 3, this similar to the iPad with a collapsible cover and the cover has a detachable keyboard too and weighs around 800g. It looks really good.

@vikky

I certainly like the whole idea of adaptable multi mode tablet and laptop experience.

Does the surface has that big an impact , I haven't seen it yet but will be more than happy to try it out first.

@leorahi

No doubt about it that air 2 is the best one around

Snapdeal is having a flash gadgets sale starting 9 am tomorrow also we have flipkart trying to trump amazons Republic Day sale

Hoping to get something at attractive price there

Problem with the apple products is that you can transfer the pictures and files among apple products only. Now white MacBook is excluded from the aforementioned apple products. This I could tell you as I cannot transfer files from my iPhone 5s to my MacBook white.

Yes! Windows surface pro3 pad looks great and sophisticated. Have a look at it some nearby mall.