speed

The Gadgets and Gizmos thread!

Yes, larger memory cards become hard to handle sometimes, otherwise with a stock 2gb card, things are fine.

You might as well wait for a new E52/55 due for release soon. Already released at many places around the World. These are very good phones with new & fast processors.

nah' date=' E52/55 looks ugly!i like E71 in white and silver!it looks great!

[/quote'] Yes the E71 looks smart especially the white-silver one, but for me the keys are too small and uncomfy, otherwise as a whole the phone is really good. Go for it, its the best E series ever.

Guys, although its not a gadget but would like to discuss it here.

I am looking for a Acoustic Guitar, i am at learner's stage so looking for a simple and of good quality which could serve me well for years to go.

I am sure there would be somebody here who might be having some interest in this, so please help me out.

I have heard that Ibanez, Yamaha and Fenders are good. I am thinking to go for Ibanez, hows that, can anybody throw some light on this.

Thanks.

@BSCongrats! on the new guitar . Are your an amatur or an ace in guitar ?

About E series

We have E71 E66 and E63 in our home. I is chose it over N series because they never hang also I run 8GB memory card in E66 and it struggles a bit because my song list is 1600 songs also I have many videos and pics . Even in the 5800 express music that phones struugles more even with 8gb memory card from factory .

Also people wait for E72 to come . It has bigger screen and 5mpix camera

To the OP: You sure are asking us to list a lot of things...

Anyway, I'm a bike and car freak but I don't consider myself a gadget freak. I like things "as is" or as how I originally bought them. I guess I just like them pristine. The few gadgets I own are a simple Sony Ericsson phone, a sony digital camera, a Toshiba laptop, and an Apple iPod.

My Gadgets list include:

1. Nokia 6233ME 3G

2. HP mini 110-1051TU netbook (new)

3. LG HD home theatre [5.1]

4. An old desktop

5. Nikon P60 8mp camera.

6. Canon EOS 450D camera -SLR

7. 18-55mm lens for the SLR

Out of these my latest is the HP mini of which i talked about 2 months back.

Specs:

160gb hdd

1GB ram

512mb shared graphics

3 usb

SD/MMC reader

LAN card.

3mm jack for head phone

10.1" oled hd display

3 cell battery with 2.5 hrs life

Pics

The box

dscn2759.jpg

Inside the pink bag.

dscn2761y.jpg

PC outside the bag

dscn2762.jpg

Netbook

dscn2765.jpg

Side view

dscn2768.jpg

Compare the size.

dscn2770r.jpg

Congrats on HP Mini SB. But 160GB HDD and 1GB ram are not high configurations, i expect atleast 2-3GB ram and 250GB HDD nowadays even if its mini.

And that bag doesnt looks as classy but looks girlish. You HP mini looks good and is really small, i liked it. BTW what is its weight and how is it compare to Sony Viao pocket PC i mean specs & size wise.

True 160GB is less but when compared to Acer and HCL this HP is much better. But i am not happy with the atom processor 1.6GHz and absence of CD/DVD RW drive makes it worse. But minis are not available with such configurations. Sony is a bit pricey and warranty period of sony is just 1 year, but 2 Years for HP mini. Specs and size wise both are same but sony is a bit slimmer. There are many HP mini variants though. Mine is the cheapest one.

Its loaded with Linux 2.6.

Yes that Bag is girlish and came free with it. But bag is very good and well padded. Weight is almost 1kg. More or less 1kg.

Congrats Sb-alto on the Mini. I had my eyes set on it a while ago!

I guess 160/1GB is the norm among Netbooks.Period.

I had evaluated Samsung, ASUS, Lenovo, etc. ASUS & MSI had the best specs.

Atom 270 is an older processor, newer ones come with 280.

BTW, how much did you get it for?

Edit: Regarding CD/DVD drive, one can get a slim drive for ~1.5k, goes pretty well with netbooks.
BornFree2010-01-25 11:42:06

Its taken me too long to post this but anyways better late than never. Here I go

Ps2, Acer One 1gb 120gb, Normal desktop with 1gb 80gb and a Nokia 1600 and a Sony video walkman. Nothing else I can add to this.

Congrats Sb-alto on the Mini. I had my eyes set on it a while ago!

I guess 160/1GB is the norm among Netbooks.Period.

I had evaluated Samsung' date=' ASUS, Lenovo, etc. ASUS & MSI had the best specs.

Atom 270 is an older processor, newer ones come with 280.

BTW, how much did you get it for?

Edit: Regarding CD/DVD drive, one can get a slim drive for ~1.5k, goes pretty well with netbooks.
[/quote']

Thanks BornFreesmiley1.gif.

I bought this for Rs 16990 from HP store. Bought it 2 months back. Updated today. You are absolutely right regarding the specs of other Minis. I had a tight budget so went for it. Performance is decent, not outstanding.

Going slightly off the current topic but I just wanted to mention it here. My work sort of forced me to get domething that would allow me to keep in touch on the go so I recently got myself a blackberry 8520. I was a little apprehensive about using a bberry at the star thinking they would be hard to use but I must say, its been a week and the level of convenience I am experiencing with this is unbelievable. Its way above any usual phone and saves me a great deal of physical effort and hassle. Thanks to this I don't have to carry my giant laptop wherever I go and roam around searching for wifi connections.

The HP mini has stormed then netbook market and many shopkeepers say that it is selling more than its rival due to brand name and pricetag .

guys I am thinking of buying HP ENVY 15 is it now available in India as yet because in the website it shows available but here the shopkeeper don;'t have an idea about it .

Currently we have 3 laptops

Mine:

HP 1217ax ,4 GB ram ,320GB HD ,3400 series 512MB Ati graphic card ,2.2GHZ ,processor AMD Turion X2 RM 72 ,HDMI ,eSATA ,Webcam etc

its a DV5 pavillion which is now not available in India but the screen size is 15.4" and DV6 has 15.6" so not much diff also mine is much more compact so I am happy.

Negatives

Being and AMD the operational temp of the core is 70 degree so its hot and the battery life just sucks .

My sisters lappy

its a 1420 Dell inspiron with basic features 2 gb ram 150 gb HD , intel core 2 duo

My dads lappy

is a Dell Latitude D820 the build quality is marvellous and the performance is just the opposite (its very old ) but I need to say this some how performance of normal laptop decreases with time but laptop this lattitude ,XPS, Elite book ,IBM (Lenovo high end) they have excellent build quality and normally their performance never deterioates.