Sign in to follow this  
designersf

Do u Drink and Drive??

Pls be honest in this.Do u drink and drive?done it in the past?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Pls be honest in this.Do u drink and drive?done it in the past?

• Yes
    • No

members should cast vote in a true manner. theres nothing to be afraid voting is anonymous!

but it will be great if members stay true & state it in their posts too.

many thanks designersf  on taking the cue.

come on people there are more people on the road who drink & drive.

on 2nd thoughts they might be so drunk , that they forget the whole episode the following morning.

I voted for no too. I wonder who is the yes here? speed you?

By the way their is a limit till which you can srink isn't it? Some 1 bottle of beer or something, what is it?

I dont drink.. so no question of drinking and driving :)

I was subject to alchohol test recently on a sat night in bangalore. had to blow air on 2 cops faces so that they could smell my breath.. poor folks.. not given proper equipment...

i  feel the driver should be sober enough to make right judgement, the amount he consumes(if at all he does) should be limited. theres alcohol in cough cyrups too.

I admit. I do drink and and drive. Just now I have drunk a full bottle beer at my friend's house and just reached home. I have even driven after having 4 large drinks of Cognac when I was in Europe. I am more cautious after drinking and will be driving lower than the speed limits because I am aware that drink n drive is not good. Thank god, I am never caught by the police for drink n drive.

My advice to all: Please dont take me as role model. People behave very differently after drinking. So never try this. jimgeo2010-01-31 05:17:44

Correct. Drinking is one thing, but being drunk and above permissible limits is not only illegal but dangerous. Also, I would add that different people have different limits at which alcohol affects them.

But for most people, a drink or two is pretty okay. Yes I have driven after a drink once and I could tell my reaction times were slower. After that I made it a point not to be around cars. But, I don't drink anymore, so driver-duty is pretty much the standard for me these days.

FRG

Being a teetotaller, I voted for 'No'.

Legally, if the breathalyser shows alcoholic content more than the permissible limit [30 ml, as per ToI report], then only the person should be charged with drunken driving.

In Europe the limits are .080% and or 0.050%. UK is 0.08% while most of Scandinavia is on the lower limit.

Germany at one time had a combination - i.e., if you were stopped in the 0.05-0.08 band you had to wait in the cooler, and were allowed to leave once you went below the lower limit.

Remember the Johnny Walker ad - the safest limit is ZERO.

sgiitk2010-02-01 05:46:14