Aadarsh K

yamaha r15 first impression

hey congrats, that is simply great yaar keep your cool with it for now. Do let me know the on road cost and the sound?  i am looking foward to getting one so please help.

its really very shocking  news that R15 has so much long waitlist..............when it was launched i thought in starting there wil be very few buyers..............

On road  cost in Bangalore is 1 lakh twelve thousand . I have ridden close to 250 km til  now and have got an average of around 41-42 km to a litre.....it sounds great ..not too loud but once the bike revs more than 5000  the sound changes slightly along with a serious shove which goes up all the way til the 10500 mark ...well since we aren't supposed to rev past 5000rpm til 500 km and til 7500rpm til 1000km (according to the owners manual) i haven't repeatedly pushed the bike hard.........(couldn't control my temptation a couple of times thoughsmiley2.gif

i too took a look in yamaha show room...things i noted..

looks good....but from some angles it looks odd

17 bhp and 0-60 in 4 sec..

very bad dealers...even before buying..

the side fairing is made of plastic and has no side protection bars.....so even a fall from stand still will do a lot of damage to the fairing...

personally i think a mere 2-3 bhp increase and good looks is not worth the double amount of what you pay for the regular 150 cc...

no doubt, r15 is a great bike and it most NOT be compared to other 150cc bikes as it is light years ahead of them in terms of technology and looks. but i think we should hold our horses for some time so that the bike proves its credibility. and also let yamaha prove itself good enough in after sale service. i can say this because 6 years ago, i bought an adreno fx and its still lying in my garrage as no spares of the bike are available. and no one is interested in buying a second hand lml due to lack of company backup. and in my opinion, yamaha is no better than lml in terms of reliability. it is presently in huge financial crisis and a few r15s can not generate enough profits to turn yamaha's fortunes.

Thats true. Yamaha and the R15 does have a lot to do to prove themselves on the service front, but I dont think company is in a financial crisis, simply because they get finance from Yamaha Motor Co Japan which can tide them through.

i was talking about yamaha-india. yamaha is suffering from huge losses in india and there is not even a single bike from its stable that sells in huge no's. is there? and a few r15s can not generate enough profits to recover the losses. what say?