abanerji

Branded fuel

I think we are beating about the bush. First of all ALL PETROL in India is UNLEADED.. The Octane ratings of regular and premium fuels are the same in Euro III locations, 91RON. Only IOC Premium is 93ON which is within tolerances of 91ON.

As for diesels it is known that cars with remap boxes , Petes for example, as was the case with FRGs CRDi, do not like premium diesels.

What you get are additives which help to keep the injectors, etc. clean. Clogging of injectors may not be as much a problem as it once was with improved refining. Remember in the beginning MPFi failures due to clogged injectors common.  One way out may be to put in a tank of premium every 3-4 fills, and stick to regular for the rest.

I do rememberthat with my old Esteem (Carb) when I put in additives (STP, I think) for the first time the car was totally transformed. Also, the Astra used to be delivered with four bottles of System G.

i dont recommend branded fuels ........manufacturers recommend unleaded petrol as fuel .........

by which i meant that manufacturers recommend ordinary (not branded) petrol.......>>>

testing of vehicles is done by ....manufacturers before launch is using  ordinary (not branded) petrol & if branded fuels does some thing to improve...efficiency

why it is not recommended by manufacturers >>>

i dont recommend branded fuels ........manufacturers recommend unleaded petrol as fuel .........

Fuel recomended unleaded 91

So normal fuel in bombay is 91?

By the way does 91ROZ and 91ON means the same?

adi19912008-07-16 05:57:45

Well don't care about the octane level , the manufactors themselves tune the car to the octane level available (except carrera only 93 octane) the branded fuel 1 lt in 10 lt of normal fuel is advisable (additives) . The speed 97 (97 octane one) is due to release and I think it will only be for the metro's but it will be flop because the pricing of it will be around 65INR.

No not CBU only Indian assembled or manufactured CBU units service interval is also not tuned to Indian climate and the wirings are not made for Indian temprature .It will be a good will gesture if the company does tune the car for India.

Ask the Indian head of Honda the dealers might not have that much knowlege yours might but tuned to be on Indian fuel and Honda is not bringing the diesel here due to this reason so don't worry . I don't know about the wiring thing.

You sure they also tune the CBU units?

I am actually still waiting for the exact octane level in delhi and bombay' date=' if someone could please post them.
[/quote']

There are variations from lot to lot. As stated the Octane level in all Euro-III cities is 91. Only XtraPremium claims 93. Delhi and Mumbai are also Euro -III. There is no Euro-IV at the moment in India.

In practice there will be minor variations from lot to lot (assuming no 'special' additives like Kerosene are there). Also, I feel 91 and 93 are the same within tolerances.So unless you go for 97 Octane all stuff has the same Octane Rating.

Ok, tnx SG.

Heard off late that only Delhi had 91octane

And bombay and rest of metros 89 octane

Plus there was a old guy who told me bombay is only 87octane. So have been asking everyone since then. By the way the guy was GM of M&M. Strange he told me the wrong rating as he seemed very confident.

Additives are back.

I happened to visit a spare parts dealer. I saw a display of System G. He told me that it is making a strong comeback after the petrol firms hiked the Premium Petrol prices. I see no reason as to why this may not be the preferred way - at least in Euro III cities since the Octane Ratings of Regular (91ON) and Premium are the same (93 on IOC is 91 within error/refining margins).

I forgot the check what is the current price of System G!

filling ur car with premium fuel is absolutely not required if you do not waste your money !!! i dont know what but once on the insistence of a petrol pump attendant i filled my car with premium petrol and i had to pay 150 bucks more than the normal tank full bill !!! guess what the car just ran 7-9 kms more than the regular range !!! so its quiet useless !!!!

mehul_bhp2008-10-01 12:42:33