Hello All,

I have planned to go for a Swift VDI, but some says that it is a new engine and it is just 1.5 years old, so we will get to know the real face of diesel engine after 3 years. Is this a fact? I know that Swift has a CRDi technology and it is a 3rd generation engine. but still would like to know from experienced people like you. The reason for me to ask this question is, I am serioulsy planning to hold the Swift Diesel engine car for 5 years. Please advise.

Thanks & regards.

Durgaprasad

hello dp, a topic about swift already exists, u might get lot of information reading that.

swift has an excellent engine & has won the best engine of the year award in europe.  customers have driven it in excess of 1lakh kms. without problems.

so, it should give you a pleasurable experience for 5 or more yrs.

Dont worry about swift vdi it is avery nice car.....with a very good engine.......as speed said you will not face any problem...........and the biggest thing is that its a maruti with a very good dealer and service network.......simply go for it.......

@DP

i have a VDi , from more than a year and it still runs like a gem and gives excellent fuel economy and as such this engine is already tested and in europe if i am not mistaken the Palio diesel runs with  the same engine and for more than 3 years or so!

the Engine is brilliant and much superior to that of tatas , if tatas have managed 3 - 5 years then imagine how would this engine be ? its not just CRDi , its got the Turbo chrager multijet direct injection with CRdi , hence you get superior milage , pick up and decent performance! i hope your prob is solved and willl be waiitng to see your VDi soon!

Cheers!

The Swift with the Fiat 1.3 multijet beats the competition in most respects. I have driven the VDi a lot. Its a fantastic car.Its reliable and the car can surely give you five years of excellent company.  In fact one does not get the feel that he is driving a diesel car till he goes to the petrol pump to get a fill.

Hey Guys,

This is Rahul and iam a new member in Autocar. I currently own a Santro and will be upgradin maself to a Swift Vdi shortly. But i would like to know if i will need the ABS option because ma friends say that the braking is bad in Swift. I dont mind to pay extra but is it worth it? Do i really need an ABS on the swift??? please help me guys....

Hi rahul.........next time when you need to ask any question kindly make another thread for it ...........and before posting any thing first go through the Announcement section of this forum........smiley2.gif vibhor2008-07-06 14:57:24

All gurus... Thanks a lot for your time and patience in posting me your advise. I have booked Swift VDi, sunlight copper color. Now need to wait for a long time to get the vehicle delivered.

Hi All... I got my new SWIFT VDI - Sunlight copper. I booked on July 03, and got it delivered on July 30. Initially they told I need to wait for 1.5 months minimum, but to my surprise I got it within less than a month. Thanks a lot to all.

Congratulations, on your wonderful buy. So, the advise worked.

Do share your experiences with the car.

I am also contemplating buying one & good that waiting period has reduced.