Sign in to follow this  
rahuls_rox

Swift ABS

Hey Guys,

This is Rahul and iam a new member in Autocar. I currently own a Santro and will be upgradin maself to a Swift Vdi shortly. But i would like to know if i will need the ABS option because ma friends say that the braking is bad in Swift. I dont mind to pay extra but is it worth it? Do i really need an ABS on the swift??? please help me guys....

hi rahuls, ABS is a very important safety feature & is required on every car.

swift vdi. is a shade heavier than petrol swift, which all the more emphasizes the need for abs. You mentioned that you dont mind paying extra for abs,  go ahead with  that little extra , it will mean a lot for safety.

There should be no 2nd. choice in your mind about this. ABS is a must.

@ Rahul , if you drive above 35% in higghways the ABS would be useful , if you drive around 80% in city then ABS is not required ,ABS helps you get more control on the car and helps you prevent from Skidding on wet surface on high speeds when brake is applied!

Cheers!

Tanx for da help speed I will go in for the ABS model den ..... I have one more question will this improve the breaking of the car Or is it just about the safety???
Go for the swift zxi which comes loaded with useful goodies..........like one you want the ABS..........actually ABS stands for Anti lock Braking System........hope u will be knowing this .....and ya ofcourse it will really help to improve your car's braking......n if its improve your car braking .....then its obvious that its a very useful car safety feature too............smiley2.gif 

A car with ABS is always better than a car without. Its more safer so you are better off buying the Swift with ABS only downside is that ABS is only for the wheels as there are no disc brakes for the rear wheels.

Brakes are okay, but on diesel version, tyres are punny & its a bit heavier than petrol. On hard braking,  tyres lock up easily & send the car into a skid.

ABS brakes at  Rs 25000 extra on the Swift are an excellent option.

Moreover, like seat belts and helmets, ABS brakes and soon airbags will

be a desirable safety device. The awareness is catching up among car

buyers in India.

i Hope the Maruti Understands the demand of Swift Diesel and also soon get the ZDi variant , the Dzires style isnt very impressive , swift looks better but no Zdi variant makes it a bit sad!

Cheers!