thought Honda would act this CHEAP!!!! And moreover the Toyota's are up

with the new Corolla this year End ,and if its priced well and good then

this could as well turn out to be a nightmare to the Honda which may

result in bringing the S variant back or 50 - 80k rs slash in E

Variants Price!  SO NEW CIVIC BUYERS KINDLY WAITT!! coz you cud expect

a discount in the Civic soon after corollas Launch( if corolla is priced

Good) !

Cheers!

its really very bad that now honda has discontinued "S" variant.............n the civc wil come now with wheelcovers!!! i cant imagine this..........does anybody have pics of  new"E"variant of civic.............its now not the CIVIC SENSE it has now become NON SENSE!!!!!!

I think the recent hike in excise duty plus the rising cost of raw materials has neutralised the reduce in cost by stripping the car of the alloy wheels and other stuff. Persoanlly I would prefer the E if there was an option of E or S variants. It helps me customise my car and I loathe those standard alloys on the Civic, they look bad to me. But there is no denying the fact that Honda charges a premium for its brand in India.

But whatever said and done the Civic is miles ahead of the Corolla, even the new Corolla.

Well SUBZERO , anything cant be said too soon! the toyotas are good too , but it depends on the performance and milage and pricing of the new Corolla , these factors might  cause some kinda affect to the civic and moreover the new Corolla is also expected in a Diesel engine too ( corect if me wrong ) , and this will be a good news for us ( buyers ) that Hodna might slash rates or give discounts in comming months after the launch fo the new corolla ( if its a nigg hitt!)

Cheers!

hey nighthawk first of all the 1.8 e variant has 2 airbags......but i think honda has really messed up the civic...the e variant seeks to take on corolla he model which is close to 1.5 lacs cheaper than the civic 1.8 e....even the 1.8 v is 1 lacs dearer than the top model of corolla..i think honda has really messed up the civic portfolio...i think that 1.8 s could have co-existed with 1.8 e and v....and honda as expected has been really miserly on the equipment list !!!!

They are trying to make money out of the people by not giving A/T transmission on the lower varients .THe S varients was discontinued after the V was launched also no option in 2.0lt CR-V.

Well said Mehul , yeh they could have continued , i think E variant doesnot have a AT transmission but thats ok , but the idea of replacing alloys with steel wheels and wheel covers are really very sad to me( i also think other guys too )

Lets hope they get back the Alloys soon!

Cheers!

Certainly doesnt really look a Hondaish move...but could turn out to be a move which gets them volumes?!?

Maruti has been doing this for a long time...remember the introduction of Gypsy E and Omni E

Wonder why they dont give customers the option to absolutely customize their cars...for one airbags, ABS, climate control,  alloys etc  have utility and for some they might seem useless...

unfortunately honda have resorted to ***ra kind of approach the wheel caps wont certainly enhance the looks of civic but still at present the economy model of civic is more than a lakh dearer compared to the economy model of corolla..this is because honda is exploiting d shape of civic which people are taking a fancy for...i know a person who had made up his mind to buy octavia pd but after seeing the styling and interiors of civic he bought civic though he now admits that while octavia would have averaged 18 civic is averaging round about 9 !!!

Actually Octavia has its own league...Very few are there who thinks of Octy and end up buying something else...Octy has its own class of people many people who thinks of buying octy sees no other thats what i have noticed...Even i Liked Octy very much but i didnt liked its rear comfort nothing else...Rest all is perfect even black interiors are good...