anjan_c2007

With which two/four wheeler did you learn driving?

For me its the Lambretta scooter (LI 150) that gave me my first lessons. A lovely scooter it used to be. Have great memories. The Indian company making it viz. messrs Automobile Products of India Ltd (API)  lacked quality control and the company went  sick due to slackening demand in the mid- 1980's.

I learnt driving the four wheeler with a Jeep (model CJ 4A). A few months I tried to run it at full throttle. It showed 110 kmph on the speedometer. It is a rough and tough U V.

TVS50,BAJAJ Chetak(1987 model)then Pulsar 150 now....ive done 90 on my chetak...super power from that 2 stroke engine....accleration is unmatched...in gear i think its faster than pulsar (atleast the theory says that)

I learnt my 1st. lessons on a  M800 , IN 1985 , this was among the 1st. marutis which were straight from Japan. Excellent car, it nearly gave a sports car like experience.

Scooter exp. came in form of - bajaj chetak, lml vespa.

Bike - ind. suzuki

I learnt driving at the age of 10 and drove it on the Alto also I aped the best bus drivier saw there footing and gear changes and I then thought that the clutch was a kind of smooth brakes which we had to apply in every gear change

Also then it was a rare change that I used to drive but when my dad got transferred 2 yrs back then I had to drive the car and now I am an expert in parking with which my dad gets jealous coz my mom say let him park because you take a lot of time.

I learnt biking on HH CD100 its now 18yrs old and is kept as a junk and havn't started since 1.5yrs .

For me it was maruti esteem.

I remember when I was real small and my feet won't touch the pedals. My dad used to make me sit in his lap and tell me to control the steering. He used to keep his hand on the steering too exept on occasional straight roads. But if you count that as a driving leasons then it would be jeeps and ambassdor. And one M800 too. That was the car for the children and the one which we used to take to the limits. That did more than 1L kms in quite less time before we sold it off. Less time as in 3yrs or so.

I learnt driving on M800 at age of 8 years...My dad used to make me sit on his lap and after sometime i was made to sit on Cusion.....But i didnt knew how to reverse so after 2 years i learnt reverse....And when i was in 4th standard i learnt to drive Kinetic Honda and after 1year i learnt to drive bike on HH Splendour

For me it was the Omni, one of the easiest cars to learn in. I remember we had a 1986 Red Omni and I started driving when I was in ninth or tenth standard. It just came naturally to me, I guess it was running in my blood :)!

Was lap driving at an early age with d driver probably 4-5yrs...tho I started controlling the car at eight, with pillows on the seat of a Fiat 1100 which used to do the school duty

Fiat 1100Delite/M800 - first on-road experience (still have the Delite and its a delite to drive even today!!)

Gypsy (the initial model which had 4wd wheel lock in the hubs)- learnt the finer skills like parallel parking, clutch control and off-road driving thru slush and rivers in the Kumaon Hills.

1999 Honda Accord- My first car, bought second hand wen I was a student and more interestingly, learnt driving a RHD in a LHD country (drove from UK to Geneva)...

2 wheeler-one round in a bajaj and then yahama rx-100, i perfected skills on HH splendor

4 wheeler- first was in a driving school jeep, then a driving school M800. Perfected skills after i bought my own M800 :)

Hi, i too learnt driving at a very young age. Premier 118NE was the car in which i learnt driving. I first got used to the steering wheel, sitting on my dad's lap.

The first car i completely drove myself was a Premier Padmini. 

I had my first biking experience on a Rajdoot.

Learnt to drive in my dad's 1956 Dodge Kingsway when I was 12. that was way back in 1976. then drove the good old Fiat 1100D

The Dodge Kingsway (the 1955-58 model) was one of the best designed cars to be sold in India in the 1950's. The grunt of its V 6 engine was awesome. The tail fins were unique. And its dash- so well conceived with touches of excellence.The car had an iconic status in India till the 1970's, I believe.Later spares became scarce and of course the fuel guzzler it was!

DodgeKings1956.jpg

Source Wikipedia

dodg5801.jpg

Source Hubcafe

anjan_c20072008-07-19 15:32:37