Do not only go for the mileage. These bikes more or less deliver the same mileage  plus/minus 5 kmpl being in the same class. Please check the other technical specifications suiting your personal tastes and comparo road tests in AC I that have appeared.

The Honda Shine is an excellent bike. Also have a look at the new Honda Stunner (125 cc) which has lots of graphics.

anjan_c20072008-07-12 07:42:19

Please advise which bike is better in terms of fuel efficiency ,Low maintenence cost,Rough and tough usage on undulated roads and rough surface ,and for the long term usage

In 125 cc segment

1.Super spl.

2.Glamour

3.XCD 125 DTS SI

4.Honda shine

5.Honda stunner

6.Yamaha gladiator

and in 150 cc segment

1.Honda Unicorn

2.Yamaha R-15

3.CBZ XTREME

4.PULSAR 150 DTS-I

5.HUNK

6.TVS APACHE

IN 100 CC SEGMENT

1.PLATINA

2.Passion plus

3.SPL.NXG.

4.TVS STAR CITY

Yup, if you really have this post to buy a particular bike you should give your shortlist and then let the members guide u. If you list almost all bikes in all segments you will not reach a decision any time soon

I think the Shine is best, but we now have the Honda Stunner option which seems to hold a lot of promise. WHy dont you go over to a Honda showroom, get a ride and post your impression. I hear the Stunner is amazing.

I want to buy a bike which will last for longer period and means it will run smoothly for years and at the same time should not be consume lot of fuel as petrol prices are increasing day by day ,where I work that area is rough terrain ,undulated roads and have to cross lots of rail crossings where road is in very bad state and I have a habbit of always in a hurry so can't drive slowly all the time ,and I can spend 55000 to 60000 rupees maximum on bike at present  if spending too much money on 150 cc bike is not worth then I will go for 100 cc or 125 cc,if these bike give good performance otherwise will try to accomodate my budget for 150 cc bike which is costlier and I have to arrange money for that,

So please let me know In every segment which bike is better

and overall out of those three  I will decide Which Bike I should buy

Thanks to all for replying

So your priorty are good suspension

good FE

and low maintainance

My suggestion is that you go for 125cc segment bike because it has the power to make you go and acceptable FE Well my last advice would be check out the Discover 135cc it has good rear gas charged shocks and good power and economy and fits in 60k easily .Best of luck go for test ride.

125 cc is a good option for u

i think u should go for hh glamour

although not  a... glamourous bike ......it is hassle free ...bike

has got decent power & good mileage......

resale also will not be a problem !!!

other ......

gladiater is another option......mileage will be less but good performance

& excellent ride & handling....good looks.....

resale will be a problem >>>

125cc is the segment for you and here HH should be avoided .The XCD may be a looker but it looks small and lack of disc brake make it fell like it is made for budget tight people the 109 milege claimed is not real it is around 70-75.Also the gladiator has expensive spares comparatively and it is just contrast to XCD in size so if you ain't that tall then forget it try Discover 135cc it has sporty touch to it and good FE .

how would u compare xcd with gladi

xcd ....cramped,looks like moped ,poor build, bad handler......also mileage abt 71 in real world conditions...& not 109 kmpl as bajaj say >>>

only thing good abt xcd is price around 42 ks...& digital meters...

gladi .....no digital meters,pricey,.....only disadv.

adv......

best in class ride & handling......stunning looks (type ss & rs).....good performance .......decent mileage 65 kmpl ,a bit pricey....45ks

expensive but best 125cc with 150cc looks and handling is Gladi type SS and Rs....just go for it ....Yamaha has good plans in india so expect good service and dealerships and also good resale in future.....Yamaha with their plans might be having good future...i would prefer gladiator or go with Glamour....HH and also Ymaha with their good quality are meant for long term especially HH...

Thank you very much to all for your advice . I have not a great idea about automobiles what things make it better ,you have guided very well .My height is 6 feet  and with your advice what I have understood is that if mileage is more important then XCD can be taken ,and if comfort is prime then Gladiator would be better and if budget can be exceeded to 150 cc bike then HONDA  UNICORN will be better choice for riding comfort.

One thing I want to ask You have written Gladiator has expensive spares doest it mean maintenence cost will be higher in gladiator?

Well expensive parts means due to lack of dealers the spares are easily available and then due to fast shipment cost high also they are high on quality 6'' then gladiator will suit you .Don't go for XCD you are too tall for it . Hey try the Hunk also if you are investing in 150cc unicorn because it is also good overall .I won't recommand Honda in 125cc also try Discover 135cc please because it has upright riding position and good sporty touches to it .