hsb_sx4

CBF STUNNER- Test ride

Since the day when Honda CBF stunner was launched, i was planning to test ride it. so, yesterday, i went to the honda dealer and asked for a test ride of it. let me explain my opinion about the bike-

LOOKS, BUILD- yes, the stunner looks like a mini karizma. it looks muscular from most angles. the side and rear looks even better than the karizma but the front does not look so good. the split seat is a first an segment and coupled with yellow coloured rear shockers and wide tubeless tyres enhances the looks of bike. wish it had a150cc engine. sitting on the bike, the wide front fairing gives a feeling as if you are sitting on a much bigger bike. the instrument cluster is basic with no tachometer available.

Build quality of bike felt as good as any honda bike. it feels solid but the front fairing looks prone to damage due to its large size.

ENGINE, PERFORMANCE- The bike i got to test ride was not properly run in. i thumb started the engine and the sound note of engine was like a typical honda. the engine is borrowed from shine with some tuning done for better performance and smoother ride. stunner comes with 5 gears in 1 down 4 up pattern. the pickup was good considering a 125cc engine and i revved the engine upto 70km/hr. i could not push it harder because of the traffic but there was enough juice available to acheive pretty good speeds. the 0-60 acceleration was pretty quick though. the engine did not feel smooth enough and there were noticeable vibrations- may be because of new bike. but the overall experience was very pleasant.

The mileage, as told to me, is around 60 km/ltr however the true figures are yet unknown. though i did the test ride for just 4 kms but i observed that the handling of bike was not outstanding. the ride quality and braking(disk brake version) however, was very good and i particularly found the seating position very comfortable and the legs tuck into the tank pretty well.

OVERALL- the short test ride of this bike was enough to make me beleive that it is the BEST 125 cc bike available in the country. the bikes at the showroom are just for display and the prospective buyers will have to wait for some time to get their hands on it. honda has moved the biking game forward in 125cc segment. now, only if it does so in 200+ cc segment.

WOaaaaaaa, so what you are saying is this is a big and really cool 125 then. This is a bike many of us have then been waiting to buy, but just one thing. You say that handling is not good. Thats too important a thing to ignore. WHy do you feel handling not up to the mark? Can you pls share which 125cc bike handles better than the one you test rode?

good ....work >>>>

hsb_sx4  

smiley32.gif

...bike is priced too high .....

no high fi ...teches....& ......53000 Rs for a 125 cc is a shame.......smiley19.gif

& if engine is one that is in shine .........with 5th gear...........also vibrations......poor handling.........then stunner will b a flop......thats for sure.....

gladiater on road......49k & all the other 125 cc has price <50Ks..........>>

good ....work >>>> hsb_sx4   smiley32.gif

...bike is priced too high .....
no high fi ...teches....& ......53000 Rs for a 125 cc is a shame.......smiley19.gif
& if engine is one that is in shine .........with 5th gear...........also vibrations......poor handling.........then stunner will b a flop......thats for sure.....
gladiater on road......49k & all the other 125 cc has price <50Ks..........>>

53000 is it ONROAD onf EX_SHOWROOM ?

yes the bike is priced too high but it has got the looks of a karizma(even better from some angles) and tubeless tyres. sure it does not have a digital speedo but it looks the best in 125cc segment. as for it being a flop or hit, a thorough road test will answer it. just a 4 km ride of a brand new bike is not enough to justify anything. but in a price sensitive segment, there are very few chances of it being the favorite choice. as for the handling, the handle of the bike did not feel as free to move as my extreme but i have not ridden any other 125cc bike to compare with. for pics refer to the honda website.