bluesapphire

Problems with CIVIC

Actually there was a news on sunday that honda has recall all the civics worldwide i was going to book Civic today but now i am little scared as there are two problems with it that is one is its brake lights that when the brake paddle is pressed the brake light doesnt lit and another is its wheel bearing which is very risky. Brake lights are not that major but wheel bearing are dangerous. So should i go with the civic or i should shift to my another option i.e Skoda Octavia elegance 1.8 TDi

This is what makes Toyota and Honda rule as compared to others, few cars get problems and they do a total recall making sure no one suffers, MB used to be good in this department once but now they have faltered, go ahead and buy the Civic, its far better than Skoda in every sense.

As brought out by gurkha.

If there is a fault with the car, it has been identified and recall involves rectification.

Rest assured it will not occur in the new Civics being delivered now.

Go ahead and buy it.

Skoda is simply inferior to the Civic.

This is what makes Toyota and Honda rule as compared to others' date=' few cars get problems and they do a total recall making sure no one suffers, MB used to be good in this department once but now they have faltered, go ahead and buy the Civic, its far better than Skoda in every sense.[/quote']

At one time MB were engineered on a cost no consideration philosophy. If  I remember MB opened their innings in India with just such a model. Later cost  became a parameter - hence the compromise (howsoever minor) due to cost considerations.

This is what makes Toyota and Honda rule as compared to others' date=' few cars get problems and they do a total recall making sure no one suffers, MB used to be good in this department once but now they have faltered, go ahead and buy the Civic, its far better than Skoda in every sense.[/quote']At one time MB were engineered on a cost no consideration philosophy. If? I remember MB opened their innings in India with just such a model. Later cost? became a parameter - hence the compromise (howsoever minor) due to cost considerations.

Afraid, compromises are huge, not minor, as you can see in CR ratings, they are rated below the Koreans in terms of reliability, MB today is a branding company more busy in wasting money and taking over failed companies like Chrysler rather than making quality cars as they did in past, no longer can a MB be considered hand me down vehicle, one which you handed down to your coming generations, MBs of current are quite unreliable and those who truly love MBs still continue driving the W123 tank as well as W124 with OM616 and 617 engines for diesel and M102 for gas, as for costs, consoder this, in 1983 the 300D cost around $32000 and the new C 220 goes for less, some serious cost cutting has been done by MB to keep it at that level.

I agree with Princey. Wouldnt worry about this recall, especially at this stage. also, not sure if India cars are affected. Go and buy that Civic. It is truly a class apart. The Octy and Corolla each have their own strengths but as an overall package, dont come close

Hey mate. When a company does a recall... Theyre being honest and admittin a fault. Theyre only making sure that they fix it right. Its always better to go for a brand that does a recall and rectifies the probs rather than a brand that doesnt accept its faults (which makes it more risky)... voila no recalls... Cheers!

The only major grouse with Civic is its lack of adequate ground clearance.

Loaded with five pers the underside scrapes over speedbumps.

Perhaps higher profile tyres will help.

Ideas anyone?

The only major grouse with Civic is its lack of adequate ground clearance.

Loaded with five pers the underside scrapes over speedbumps.

Perhaps higher profile tyres will help.

Civic is a performance car' date=' raising it would ruin its balance as it happened to the Corolla.

Ideas anyone?
[/quote']

That probably means they probably havent figured out if their Indian venders had supplied any defective parts.

Well have to wait till one goes bust.

Then theyll react.

They are well aware of it, it was a knee jerk reaction from Honda, typical of them, only two cars exhibited this condition.

I drove the Civic extensively, off all the cars in its class, it has the least roll, Hondas are low slung even by sedan car standards but that in turn gives you good handling during cornering. If you want stiff, try a Skoda.

The Civic is an entry level luxury sedan therefore the soft suspension.

However keeping in mind our roads Honda has deliberately tried to make the suspension plush to improve its ride quality, one of the factors buyers at that price bracket favour.

Thanx all for giving suggestions but now my father is not ready to buy that 1st this was supposed to given to my mom i would get my moms Honda city but now father says me to buy a new car for me & after end of this year we will buy Civic or we can increase our budget then we would buy Ford endeavour or other if some new car launches. Hav any idea of new launches till january with 13-17 lacs budget. 

True.

The Magnum has one of the best diesels currently available.

Its more pratical if you drive more than 1500-2000 kms in a month, otherwise a petrol is better.

The Civic is the best C++ car in India.