sudeepd

What happens if Water is mixed in Petrol..........

Hi guys,

If Water is mixed in Petrol in ratio of 1:4 and this mixture is used to run Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTS-i (LCD Speedometer), what ill effects will be on the bike?

Currently I tried mixing in the ratio of 1:6 (Water 1 litre and Petrol 6 litres).

My Pulsar is running without any problem.

But I want to know what will be the ill-effects (if any) if water is mixed in Petrol and used.

well I am not sure adding water with petrol in a bike is a nice idea.

Well in a car if you do that, it will give jerks damaging the clutch and gear box and water with petrol so engine may damage too.

So shouldn't the same thing happen to a 2 wheeler?

i think adding water will decrease the combustion rate in the cylinder which in turn will reduce the power output of the engine.

as far as ill effects are concerned, i feel if the water is not pure, on combustion it an leave unwanted deposits on the cylinder walls which may reduce its efficiency in the long run.

ive once run my bike by mistake on water and petrol when heavy rains forced some water in my tank...the acceleration was sluggish and the bike wont rev beyond 3500rpm and starting it was a chore...when the mechanic opened the carb and petrol tank,there was atleast half a litre of water in the tank

water does decombustion its like when you want to create fire the water caves in don't do this you will make your cylinder rust.

Yes your cylinders will rust and soon you might end up with a engine problem.

ya...........right rssh ......mixing petrol with water will make your bike's cylinder rust..........but i still dont understood why he wants to do this......is there any use of it?? or its going to save out petrol costs.....smiley36.gif

It sounds very funny and foolish to add water. If it was possible why all companies are wasting so much money for R& D to find an alternate fuel? Sudeep why you want to spoil your bike? When I was a student my bike had severe engine trouble by rusting when rain water entered through the petrol tank. I had to do the engine work completely. It costed me around Rs. 5500 ten years back. So please dont spoil your bike and mislead others.

Pertrol and water are not miscible. So you will get two layers, and once water starts getting into the fuel system the vehicle will not run. In the early 1980's there was a lot of excitement in the US about putting water (from a separate tank and system) into the engine. However, this idea died a natural death probably due to corrosion issues.

sgiitk2008-07-14 12:25:28