Durango Dude

My staid looking steed.....

I had a 560 kms round trip to Kumbakonam and back, in my Elantra GLS. I was impressed at the hiccup free mile munching, and the generous ground clearance of 185 mm, which ensured I could carry silly speeds on real bad roads.I went via Pondy thru' the scenic ECR, though a little long, roads were better. While the return was via Vikravandi thru real bad patches, I was doing 90 kmph on poor roads <and left a Skoda Laura for dead>; even after taking a pee breaksmiley2.gif. Once I hit the GST road it was ave 120kmph till Tambaram after which it is city traffic. The more I drive my Elantra GLS I like it, especially on the long drives. I must mention the brakes which are awesome; and the a/c and the high speed manners... I could go on and on ad nauseum. The mileage I got was 11.37 kmpl with some spirited driving, on the highway. The driving was absolutely fatigue free and after a 2 hr siesta I was back to temple darshans for the evening with the family. Kumbakonam is famous for its temples, every street has one and all steeped in history and myth.

Nice account there! Exactly similar feelings here. I am a proud owner of a Crdi and with in a span of 18 months i have covered 50k kmsmiley4.gif. Whenever i take it on to the highway i feel this must be the most underrated car around and it's a pity Hyundai doesn't make them anymore!! I like the way it eats up broken roads and it's an absolute delight to own. Here's wishing many more years of motoring nirvana!!!

From one Elantra owner to another smiley20.gif

Its like a Lancer and Cedia which are not taken into consideration when buying a car because the new gen want more sporty looking machines and also it had aged .

My Friend Owns Elantra Top model which has traction n air bags abs etc . Well its such a nice n comfortable car 2 drive that i love driving it any time . Its better than octavia's out on road . Even Seats are very comfortable . Average is pretty good too . He canceled his Octavia and bought Elantra which i thought was a very gud decision.  

Nice account there! Exactly similar feelings here. I am a proud owner of a Crdi and with in a span of 18 months i have covered 50k kmsmiley4.gif. Whenever i take it on to the highway i feel this must be the most underrated car around and it's a pity Hyundai doesn't make them anymore!! I like the way it eats up broken roads and it's an absolute delight to own. Here's wishing many more years of motoring nirvana!!!

From one Elantra owner to another smiley20.gif

I agree with you; it is the most underrated car, probably, thats why I got such a good deal in the first place. I got a 26 km!! test drive to the showroom and back, before I bought the car, and the Hyundai Motor Plaza guys at Chennai were real sweet, and the service has been exemplary and soo has been the product. I think this car I'll keep for a very long time...

even i liked its shape and fit and finish...also it was really late comer in its segment when everybody got bored of that segment and it really had not anything special so that it can bring life in D segment Like CIVIC did...

even i liked its shape and fit and finish...also it was really late comer in its segment when everybody got bored of that segment and it really had not anything special so that it can bring life in D segment Like CIVIC did...

It was good in many ways than one, it also had a stonking diesel to go with the refined petrol and was fully loaded with all the bells and whistles and safety features. It did not sell well due to it being percieved as cheap, which, it isn't. The only thing cheap is it's cost price and maintainence. Anyday it's much easy on the pocket than a Skoda or VW; and has a wider and better service network than either of them, and they listen to you; atleast that has been my experience. Dictum: "Big Koreans don't sell"; so buy them if you really want a good deal, and are not bothered about image.

ya i agree it with its engine was really good but was not attractive to Mass and also its right that Big Koreans dont sell but still it wasnt attractive and thus this segment became more boring...And then Attractive most stylish Civic came and again refreshed this segment

Did the 300 km stretch from mysore to mangalore a couple of days back in my new possesion... an Elantra GT smiley1.gif.

First thing i noticed is that this thing handles much better than its CRDi cousin which  has a heavier steering and rolls a lot. Though it is still no where near to an Ikon, it is more than adequate nevertheless. Road grip and the brakes are superb. I got to test this on several occasions during the journey since it was pouring. The drive was comfortable and the engine has lots  of power in store. After nearly 150+ km of twisty roads i still came out fresh and stress free and also did the journey in a quick time. Overall it was a fantastic drive!!