Sign in to follow this  
lmvishwa

Ford Fusion TDCi Feedback?

Well Fusion is the most practicle car in the price range and it can do offroading to some extent and it has a mini SUV feel to it also it is heavy so the already underpowered TDCi engine with just 64bhp will not help this hulk .The fiesta being lighter can carry the engine but I say a big NO-NO for the Fusion .The 1.6lt petrol is better for it.

@yamahaR15: have you driven the Fusion yourself?

The Fusion TDCi is an excellent car. The diesel engine is very fuel efficient and you can expect 14kpl and 18kpl for city and highway respectively. It also handles very well. In the city, you can shoot through traffic. Only on the highway above 120kmph do you feel that it needs a bit more horsepower. The other downside is the high cost of spares.

If you are mainly going to be driving in the city and can afford the spares, its a good choice.

FRG

Fusion TDCi has more than adequate performance for city and is a nice cruiser on the highway. It's got a GC of nearly 200mm (198mm to be precise) which makes it very useful on our highways. Interiors are also quite spacious and flexible. All in all it's got almost all the advantages of a SUV without being too bulky or thirsty. Go for it if higher spare prices and not so good service is okay with you.

@Octane100. Is the figure 198mm the practical figure or the official figure. Why I am asking this is that the lowest point of a fwd vehicle is almost invariably the front steering linkage. This point (or rather the two points) are between the front wheels, and so ride over whatever you are going over. There was an extensive discussion involving the effective clearance invoking entrance & exit angles, suspension settings....in the very early days of the forum involving FRG, Zavo, Gurkha, yours truly etc.

@Octane100. Is the figure 198mm the practical figure or the official figure. 

Those are the official figures. I don't know the practical figure smiley5.gif.

But however, having driven that for a considerable distance, i can vouch for its clearance (not the figure but the sufficiency of it).

@FRG I have driven the Fusion TDCi when it was launched and it felt good in the city and had good view and loads of space and very practicle but when the traffic cleared I pushed it and in first and two it was great but in 3rd and 4 th it could not keep up with the alto (its was a 800 to be precise) so it feel underpowered and for city traffic i.e. 0-50kmph speed its fine.

Ford Fusion is definitely a great car but it's spare cost is very high, service is not at all satisfactory and resale value is worst. In such condition it is not practical to buy Fusion. It should be noted that you are marrying with the car for at least 5 years and hence these variable are as importance as any other. I personally like the car by it's profile and looks, but do not advice it to buy.

Fusion was a new concept, but never took off. The initial name it built for itself is still following it. Had FORD, launched diesel version in the begining, maybe things would have been different.

Fusion is a good car, very practical, user friendly, low speed ride is a bit harsh, getting in & out is easy.