deepak_v21

Which one to buy - Spark or Alto

Well for the price they are offering i would say the Spark is a better buy since is slightly bigger than alto and moreover you get 3 years maintenence plan free from Chevy and it makes overall a good buy! go for it Dude!

Cheers!!!

if you are buying a car for first time i will suggest the Alto..bcoz its the best as a first car....n is easy to drive as well........but if you have if u dont have any problem to drive the spark (bcoz it is little bit bigger than alto)......then spar is one to go for..........smiley20.gif

spark is compared with santro and wagonR basically so now u r getting that at altos price so its best deal and alto cant match this car so just go ahead and buy it...its service is better than Hyundai this is wat i had experienced though dont know about maruti....

spark is compared with santro and wagonR basically so now u r getting that at altos price so its best deal and alto cant match this car so just go ahead and buy it...its service is better than Hyundai this is wat i had experienced though dont know about maruti....
oh.......i know about maruti ..am a proud owner of it........in one word i will just say that its are Superb!!!........smiley4.gif..... vibhor2008-07-17 10:25:24

hi

go for Spark rather than to Alto. Spark is more powerfull than alto, new looks,bit bigger than alto, nice to drive.good deal in 2.66 lacks &3 yrs free maintenence.

I have an Alto VX 1.1 (the one with a more powerful, WagonR engine) and I just advised a friend to get a Spark instead. this is a much better car - better suspension, more powerful (than the 800cc alto being sold currently), much better safety (PLEASE get ABS if not the airbag as well), a more modern and more economical engine, great price and a fantastic service plan (tho the service at GM leaves a lot to be desired)

the alto's a good small car - but the spark is a lot better

Well I think he is not going to choose LT varient as he is comparing to the alto so the topend will be expensive .I say go for spark its as small as alto but you get better space ,free revving engine and a big car feel and you won't miss the easy moving of alto in the traffic .Go for LS varient if you can or else the 1.0lt PS is good enough.

You all are missing the major points.

Is Chevrolet service center available in his place?

If he is mainly a highway driver, in case of breakdown ALTO will be easy to get it fixed, this also depends on the route he drives, which has some thing to do with PLACE.

The ALTO is a very reliable car, no idea if SPARK is upto the same level.

Finally, to conclude, if he is using the car for city driving and if his city has a chevrolet service center SPARK is a better car any day.

go for spark......

more power ....cute ....& attractive compared to alto .........

now .........for such a price u cant get a 63 bhp car.........other than spark....

alto is cramped compared to spark ...also less power 46 bhp.....

if u want more mileage .......better service ......go for alto !!!!!smiley20.gif

Yes Sparsh, he dug a dead topic.

1time drive it don't forgot....

And what does this mean "1time drive it don't forgot"? Misuse of English Words.

It should be "1 time drove it. I Did not Forget".

I have driven a Matiz for the last 9+ years and have crossed 1 lac Kms. The car is very very comfortable, never broken down on road and apart from routine maintenance, no major expenses had to be incurred. The car is also very very safe as compared to 800, Alto or other similar Maruti brands. My only grouse was that the 800 cc engine was slightly underpowered for this car.

The Spark has 1000 cc engine which has addressed this issue. If it fits your budget, dont think about any other car and buy it and do take that additional warranty or service package for peace of mind.

Alto is a good car but Spark is much much better car anyday. Period.

akj53in2009-04-11 15:04:57

I guess nimesh you are right.

He wanted to say that one. But whats the use of posting like dont forget to test drive after Deepak has bought a car ( I think so since Deepak has not posted after the very first post. Did he come here only for that purpose His profile says his last visit was on 12 Sep 2008.)?

Spark is batter then alto.

Look wise' date='Finance wise,Safty wise and Very smoth and small laxrious car cause thats car are not from indian company.

1time drive it don't forgot....
[/quote']

There's no point in reopening a nearly one year old thread. The one who opened this thread during mid-2008 may be already a proud owner of either of these.