Niteesh

honda city ??????

hi people , i urgently require a midsizer saloon upto the 8lac bracket , i;ve selected the honda city gxi . should i go for it or u people have any other good car in mind which is better . i have a daily 20 km run !!

Honda CITY, though is a good buy still, but a new version is around the corner. If you dont mind resale price drop , you can go in for the one you have selected.

Could you elaborate more on your requirements- are you going to be driving or using backseat, how many do you want to seat ? Well 20km daily falls into petrol category. Check out the Maruti SX4, its a nice package & moreover a newer car.

FORD has launched the new Fiesta, if you love driving, you should check out the petrol fiesta 1.6L sports model, its a drivers delight.

In case diesel amuses you Fiesta Diesel is also a competent car.

Alternate view- try the Toyota COROLLA, base model , its having great discounts in the range of 1L - 1.35L . This is because of new model anticipation & such good discount offsets the depretiation loss.

Well if you are the driver of the car then Fiesta 1.6 or the SX4 . If you love back seat and comfort then the Aveo or the city .

Well if you want an upper segment car then Cedia has good discount and car be your for 40k more.

new Honda City is expected soon , hence it wouldnt be a good idea to go for it now! in the meantime you could also look at the Ford Fiesta 1.6 S  , it has got all the features like Dual Airbags , ABS , 15" alloys , if Honda is what you are looking at then Wait for the New City!

Cheers!

Honda City is no1, rest are all there to give it a run for the money. As far as fit and finish, driving comfort, Fuel efficiency are concerned; it's still the boss. New gen City around the corner <by the year end>. SX4 and Fiesta 1.6S are sure to be guzzlers compared to the iDSL city. Honda City: It's a hoot to drive around in the City.

Go for it but if u drive a lot then have a look at Fiesta 1.6S as it now comes with better driving, re-mapped Ecu and good features too.....but spares and service is a concern...otherwise it can beat even Sx4 as its better and now comes with features and good quality interiors at good price 

go for SX4 only if u r riding on highways......& good surfaced roads

poor ride quality,lower mileage...around 10kmpl,also...poor quality.....

but ...has good looks .....& is VFM....

city ....good on mileage....& beet comfort than sx4......

or u can wait for new city.....

if you drive yourself, the verna is a better bet, plus you get diesel economy if you wish. though for you average running of 20 kms, diesel is not recomended. else if u dont drive, the aveo will suit you.

the city is not that exciting to drive but it has that very crucial "honda" tag!

if ur daily running is just 20 kms den fuel costs wont be a problem for u...so y nt buy a sx4 zxi...u'll end up saving close to 5o k if u buy sx4 rather than city gxi..think of d features nd everything nd m sure u'll end up wid sx4 wich is a brilliant car !!!

What are the current drawbacks of current honda city , i know a new honda city is in line - but i dont what such a powerful engine and also i dont want a bigger car than current honda city for city . Would you guys suggest me going for the current honda city with its draw back.

The new city will be about 10% costlier. The main drawbacks are power (only 77 bhp) but excellent economy, and wooden power steering.

For the first time Honda are giving discounts on the City. I suspect the increase in price and the discount will make your losses in going for the current City (Mk.II) insignificant.. 

sgiitk, thanks for the quick reply ,

does the power effect so much , like if i drive around 110kmph in highway will i feel uncomforatbale. Also what discount you are getting there in Mumbai . i only see   loan at 9.5% here in blore , do u get anything other than that.

The new city will be about 10% costlier. The main drawbacks are power (only 77 bhp) but excellent economy' date=' and wooden power steering.

For the first time Honda are giving discounts on the City. I suspect the increase in price and the discount will make your losses in going for the current City (Mk.II) insignificant..  [/quote']

Hi sgiitk,

Are the dealers giving discount on City. I apoke to honda dealers yesterday in pune , the two dealers & they were not interested in offering any discount execpt hafl insurance cost  ( 12000Rs).

How much discount should ideally a customer expect on the city zx gxi.?

The new city will be about 10% costlier. The main drawbacks are power (only 77 bhp) but excellent economy' date=' and wooden power steering.

For the first time Honda are giving discounts on the City. I suspect the increase in price and the discount will make your losses in going for the current City (Mk.II) insignificant..  [/quote']

Hi sgiitk,

Are the dealers giving discount on City. I apoke to honda dealers yesterday in pune , the two dealers & they were not interested in offering any discount execpt hafl insurance cost  ( 12000Rs).

How much discount should ideally a customer expect on the city zx gxi.?

With the new model around the block, it must actually be 'clearance sale', but knowing Honda they will deny any existence of the 'new' City. They did the same to me when I enquired about the City ZX in 2005, they said that's it's a hoax and the next month they launched it. So you can haggle for atleast a 50k discount, that should keep covered regards resale and hike in price of the new car, due soon. Yes, ask for 50k discount...