Vroomo

Indigo XL

Hey guys just joined the forum

do you have any idea regarding indigo XL interms of features and comfort and how is the car as compared to verna and city in terms of features and ya Dicor version.

Cheers!!!!!!!smiley10.gif

Vroomo

Verna is much more refined and better car in driving and indigo Xl is chauffer driven car coz it gives utmost comfort in back seat and its meant for that only...the top-end version is loaded with features ...

smiley17.gif.......Indigo XL is best car only if you want luxury...luxury n luxury.....at lowest price tag.......it comes loaded with many features like - dual LCD screens for rear passangers, Chilled glovebox ,arm rests for front n rear, folding trays on rear to keep your laptop (but they are useless)...n of course its Xtra Large size(with the wheelbase of 2600mm!!) plus XL rear windows and XL rear tail lamps   ......verna is actually a nice option if u want some power n city is comfort and luxury......but in terms of luxury none of them can be compared with indigo Xl.....smiley20.gif   vibhor2008-07-18 07:44:04

Thanks for the info dude..smiley32.gif

will certainly keep in mind ur advice... any idea i was going through the site there is this classic model of XL also.. how is it

Cheers!!!!!

Vroomo

Ya they are but in a budget of 5 to 7 lakhs which car would you go for one which has better performance or one which has ok performance but amazing features and offers comfort.

How do you feel about Classic Xl diesel version.. which comes for around 7 lakhs..

Cheers!!!!

Vroomo

Ya they are but in a budget of 5 to 7 lakhs which car would you go for one which has better performance or one which has ok performance but amazing features and offers comfort.

How do you feel about Classic Xl diesel version.. which comes for around 7 lakhs..

Cheers!!!!

Vroomo

You have to decide what you want ? If you drive the car, then go for VERNA.

If you are driven in the car, i mean you have a driver and you just sit in the back seat, then go for INDIGO XL.

xl has better leg room ,rear ac vents,.....some xtra cup holders.....comfotable car

unrefined dicor with large turbolag........mileage around  14.......

verna ....bland looks ,dated interiors........higher price..........poor handling

but has best in class diesel engine 0-100km in 10.51 s ,also decent mileage around 13.........good ride quality

well city is on  other side .........petrol ,suspension on stiffer side ......avg..ride ,price on higher side......engine is refined .....lower on performance ....but has good driveability.........nice mileage around 17kmpl......good interiors ...

I will be driving and will be driven as well means driver will be driving the car too and both equally so i wanna know which one 2 pick...

thanks for asking dude..

Cheers

Vroomo

......................n ya ......what abt your driving range will u be driving in city or highway........ If you will have a chauffer most of times for long trips then look no further its a indigo XL , but if u wil drive it mostly then its a Honda city but only if u can wait for new one to launch.or at 8lac price u can easily get an top end verna petrol....n if u can stretch your budget a little bit then leave everything and go for magnumsmiley20.gif 

buy the XL only if you are a backseat person or u rarely drive as it is not the epitome of refinement or performance. also if you buy a indigo, you will have to accept the cheap plastics, small niggling issues creeping every now and them and also the poor serivice by TATA. on the positive side, you get good features at a killer price. personally for me, only the rear leg space is a positive attribute of the XL and i dont think its really worth to spend 8.5 lakhs for an "indigo" which is percieved to be a budget sedan especially when i can buy a verna or fiesta or SX4 or city for the same amount which had much better class, image and style.

again many say that the XL is value for money, i strongle disagree. you dont pay just for the features, you also have to consider the driving comfort, image and maintainence of a car to evaluate this and here is where the indigo lags.

I agree with raj Indigo XL is for the back seat mini-limosine owner who is chauffered around and the diesel suits it better many old and young people have bought it for its practicality and space and its niceto be in the rear seat .Also the cream white and brown are the 2 best colours well suited to it .I feel that is thinner and a good width increase will make it look great.

city is my choice.........because of its refined engine .........driveability.........& good resale value.........after all 20km is done daily >>>>

XL is for those business persons ......who cannot afford  to buy a executive saloon.....

verna........who ever wants economy of diesel............can go for it.....