RonakG

Logan tail lights not identical?

Many European models have the same kind of tail lights? Have anybody noticed the tail lights of Ford Ikon with a faded amber/red piece at one side? I dont know whats that for.

Many European models have the same kind of tail lights? Have anybody noticed the tail lights of Ford Ikon with a faded amber/red piece at one side? I dont know whats that for.

could you post a pic ? before we start discussing .

smiley1.gif ya........jimgeo some of the ford ikons has one side red(brake lamp) instead of white(reverse lamp) one.....thats nothing something special it has just single reverse lamp.......some other cars also have the same criteria like SX4, logan n even some omni E's also have one reversing lamp and mostly one revesing lampis on rear left side of car..ie: front passanger.......smiley17.gif 

@ yamaha R15= No buddy thats nothing to cut cost in it.....they have just placed one reverse lamp on one side n on another side tail lamp there is a brake lamp instead of it!!...smiley1.gif. vibhor2008-07-18 13:04:41

hey vibhor, that single red light is not a brake lamp, it does not light up while braking. its a rear fog lamp. and indeed its a cost cutting measure, i think. many manufacturers provide rear fog lamps along with two reverse lights too.

ford had initially done this with thier earlier ikons but they rectified it later.

hey vibhor' date=' that single red light is not a brake lamp, it does not light up while braking. its a rear fog lamp. and indeed its a cost cutting measure, i think. many manufacturers provide rear fog lamps along with two reverse lights too.

ford had initially done this with thier earlier ikons but they rectified it later.[/quote'] oh thanks raj for clearing this .......i thought that rear foglamps only comes on bumpers...........smiley36.gif

this is not  right ........rssh , 

vibhor

....every one cant search the entire forum for a topic.......if it is already discussed ....then show him wherethe topic is... >>>>

if some topics r repetitive ......it should be deleted.......that ok ....but >>>

so many honda - city- vtec fans out there. And you guys noticed it for the first time?

There ae three types of rear fog lamps:-

1. Like the one you saw on longan, sx4, city........ One side is the reverse and the other side is the rear fog lamp.

2. The rear fog lamp is totaly a different from all the other lamps like the one in the CR-V. Its located on the right hand side just after the

3. The right side brake light also works as a rear log lamp and brigtens up.

The commom thing is all of them are on the right hand side.

cimg5079sg6.jpg

Now the side boldly marked and with arrow is the rear fog light.

The other side though looks the same but has no bulb there.

Wonder if you guys ever noticed that.

well one of d many cost cutting measures in logan by m&m renault....guys we should have a contest 2 find out d cost cutting measures in logan...dis car is a perfect specimen for dis contest...really pathetic r d ways by wich m&m renault hav cut cost...in d aci review its given d water tank used for cleaning windscreen is really small and instantly runs out of water !!! i wonder how much money u can save by dese miniscule measures !!!

Don't know about logan much.

But how come this is a cost cutting measure? They didn't make a separate place for the rear fog lamp and used one reverse light?

Thats cost cutting?

In right hand driving market you have fog lamp mostly in the right side ans in left hand drive it on the left but now these days to make the car look well proportioned (like swift &Dzire) they have put it in the middle.

there are many such ways adi, you are right. in many cars, the fog lamps work by brightening the rear lights itself. but this is applicable only if the rear (red/parking) lights and brake lamps are different, like in an opel astra. in the logan, the parking and brake lights are in the same housing, so they gave a different place to the rear fog lamps.