vibhor

Fiat Linea caught testing!!!!

I think we are in to give Honda city a run for the money it looks great and the plastics quality and fit and finish are amazing (read a review in ACI).

it will be a super hit........

but i think 1.3 MJ with 95 BHP is coming to india........

it will be more spacious than any other car...in its class......

i think it may be priced around 7-8lakh

Lets hope atleast this time Fiat will give a good service back up. They have killed a lot of great cars by their senseless marketing and ridiculous service.

Keeping in view Fiat India's past actions and Tata's reluctance to push sales of FIAT cars, revival of FIAT's fortunes in India seems a very long shot. They are on the verge of launching new cars, but there seems to be no sign of reassuring public of their improved after sales service (if at all they have improved it).

They should appoint an Indian M.D., (somebody like Mr. Jagdish Khattar) to turn their fortunes. Maruti and Hyundai owe their leadership sales positions in India to Mr. Khattar and Mr. Subbu, both Indians. Tata off-course is an Indian company. An Indian is best suited to understand Indian customer's needs and aspirations.

FIAT India is a classic case of a company which nearly went bankrupt, despite having the best products in the market. This is an apt study case for management professionals and students on how to ruin a company.

Sorry to sound harsh, but I love their solid, durable and well engineered cars, and definitely would like this company to sell more in India.

FIAT  is a great company, with great R&D and design flair but with a bunch of ***** for managers. Unles they do a total rehash of their managers there nothing much that can be done to prevent the slide of their fortunes here in India and worldwide.

Keeping in view Fiat India's past actions and Tata's reluctance to push sales of FIAT cars' date=' revival of FIAT's fortunes in India seems a very long shot. They are on the verge of launching new cars, but there seems to be no sign of reassuring public of their improved after sales service (if at all they have improved it).

They should appoint an Indian M.D., (somebody like Mr. Jagdish Khattar) to turn their fortunes. Maruti and Hyundai owe their leadership sales positions in India to Mr. Khattar and Mr. Subbu, both Indians. Tata off-course is an Indian company. An Indian is best suited to understand Indian customer's needs and aspirations.

FIAT India is a classic case of a company which nearly went bankrupt, despite having the best products in the market. This is an apt study case for management professionals and students on how to ruin a company.

Sorry to sound harsh, but I love their solid, durable and well engineered cars, and definitely would like this company to sell more in India.

[/quote']

You are absolutely right. I wonder how a company can repeat their mistakes so many times even after having so many bad experiences. Fiat in India could have been far better if they had used atleast 1/10 of their brains used in designing world class products. Its a pity that they dont understand how great their products are when other companies like suzuki and tata know better and make cash by selling Fiat's brain.

I don't think they are getting the sales figure here so they aren't intrested also they don't have R&D for small car manufactoring for developing countries which are affordable .We can't afford 500 right and we are still stuck with Palio's decade old dash board and the power window switches these days look aftermarket fitment done badly.

@rssh=.....but new improved palio is good ......with beige interiors its better than those  black ones.......plus a superb multijet engine..........

@rssh=.....but new improved palio is good ......with beige interiors its better than those  black ones.......plus a superb multijet engine..........

Come on mate. wake up and look what others are getting.

See the Indian version and the Brazilian version interiors below.

izmo-fiat-dashboard-big.jpg

3440d1206378558-2008-palio-will-india-pa

anveshp2008-07-20 16:39:01

So what the interiors are the same and the multijet is late in India .Ask for sales figure they won't ell you smiley1.gif

Well actually more power extracted from engine reduces the torque example is the Palio which has 75bhp and 18kgm torque .If both power and torque are increase then engine has more strain and won't last as long and the peak torque and power will be available up the rev band which limits the drivability so the 1.6lt is recommanded by me to Fiat if they are watching .

@diablo don't be greedy they might not even give us the 1.6lt also .A rule is there keep less expectation and if you get more than expected then go for it.

Linea is another locally produced model from Fiat, following Palio. Sources said that localisation in Linea will reach beyond 90 per cent in the current year. At the time of launch, Linea is expected to come up with 70 per cent local content. Fiat

If Linea will have 90% parts sourced from India, chances are that Tata's will be their consultant on sourcing parts and quality of components will be as cheap / un-reliable as Indica. So it will be safe to buy Linea only after 6 month of launch so the quality of the components is known.

FIAT should not have concentrated on lower price, they should have left this policy to Tata. FIAT should have concentrated on Quality and Power, thereby positioning themselves a notch above than Tata. This would have ensured better customer retention, less competetion from Tata and more customer satisfaction. Honda has been following this policy and have been screwing Indian customers since they entered India.

FIAT should also not try to play the volume game at this stage, as their service backup is not in place. So rather than having 10,000 dissatisfied customers, they should have 2000 satisfied ones, to start with. Once the customer confidence grows, then they should have expanded the volumes.

I can only prey that FIAT India will prove me wrong, as I do want this company to flourish here.