vibhor

Fiat Linea caught testing!!!!

i think this was the best time to launch as City is launched but yet not available and if in the between linea would have launched then it would have got good response also as deliveries of City are in mid november or december..

This dillydallying is not going to help Fiat's cause. After years of debacle, least they could do was give one date & stick to it by all means. If this is the case now, what will be the affair of ASS, its anybody's guess.

I fear this is what they are going to do with spare parts also, keep giving dates to customers!

..but i think Fiat india wants to improve now!...n to get back good image they are offering such a nice product linea Linea!..err...but its price!..lets wait n watch!..but i think now in tech.collabration with Tata they might have been improved in terms of service n spares!smiley1.gifvibhor2008-10-15 16:53:52

I can only hope that FIAT was waiting to see the new Honda City and is now fine tuning Linea to offer us a better package at a lower price.

Currently Linea seems to be the only car which can provide some competition to City. Let us see if Mr. Kapoor and his team can live upto our expectations.

lets all hope fiat india launches linea with well priced and around diwali. all are eager to hear from fiat india abt its new launch. and fiat people please also look out for ur back ups and services. their gr8 products are ruined by their poor strategy. i had one experience when tata's sales people were not even bothered to show some intrests in selling fiat's car....

Hey guys!!..here are the specs of FIAT LINEA from teambhp!

note: before reading further:
( FEATURES AND VARIANT MIX MAY CHANGE AT THE TIME OF LAUNCH)

colours:7

champagne gold
black
medium grey metallic
white pearl
light blue
royal red(maroon)
silver

varients:

active
dynamic
emotion
emotion+ (accurate as mentioned in other thread with pic)

technical specifications:

1248 cc multijet with variable geometry turbocharger

power: 90ps@4000 rpm
torque: 20.2 kg-m@1750 rpm
max-speed: 170 kmph (claimed)
acceleration (0-100 kmph)-13.2 secs(claimed)
valve gear: DOHC, 16V, 4-per cylinder

gearbox: 5-speed manual with overdrive on 4th and 5th gear.

steering: electro-hydraulic power asissted rack and pinion

dimensions:

wheelbase: 2603 mm

length: 4560 mm

width: 1730 mm

height: 1494 mm

track: 1471 mm(front), 1483 mm(rear)

boot space: 500 litres

ground clearance: 160 mm

kerb weight: 1185 kg (active, dynamic), 1205 kg (emotion/emotion +)

fuel tank capacity-45 litres

tyre size:(INDICATIVE ONLY, SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

active: 195/60 R15
dynamic: 195/60 R15
emotion/emotion+ : 205/55 R16 (17-inch wheels may be optional)

brakes front-ventilated disc
rear-drum (active, dynamic), solid disk (emotion, emotion+)
ABS standard on emotion/emotion+

FEATURES:

active:-entry level model with manual AC/heater

power steering
all round power windows
manual central locking
full wheel covers
black door handles and OSRVM (manually-internally adjustible)
driver and passenger vanity mirror with light
2-tone beige/black interiors
tachometer etc
front and rear fog laps
halogen lights

dynamic-active +

dual airbags
integrated Mp3 stereo with seperate remote playing mp3/cd/wma/i-pod aux-in

body coloured handles, mirrors and moulding on doors
driver's seat height adjustment
rear seat arm rest
3-adjustible rear seat head rests

instrument cluster with white dials

emotion-dynamic +

16-inch alloy wheels
ABS with rear discs and EBD with brake assist
"follow-me-home" headlights with auto-off
crome lining on door handles, front and rear bumpers, window sills
silver metal finish central console including stereo
audio controls on steering wheel
trip computer-(instant fuel consumption, average fuel consumption, average speed, distance to empty etc)
driver and front passenger lumber support
6-way powered driver's seat
manually height adjustible front passenger seat

emotion + adds features to emotion like:

17-inch wheels may be standard or optional

side airbags
CURTAIN AIRBAGS MAY COME NOT FINALISED

automatic climate control-dual zone
automatic rain sensing wipers with speed sensitivity, front and rear PARKTRONIC

blue and me-using a series of commands, without taking hands off steering wheel, we can place a call, listen to incoming SMS messages, consult our phonebook, listen to MP3s, supports mostmobile phones with bluetooth

auto headlamps-on sensor
HID lamps with washers (not finalised, may-come in any variant)

dude, Fiat is a useless CAR. Its better off if tata learns something good from fiat and implement the same in its cars. I will choose a tata rather than a fiat. Fiat has no world view, the company is kinda racist in its dealings

Good input Vibhor, but what's the source, apart from T-Bhp?

So, its 1.3MJD only, no 1.9L ! This dampens the spirit somewhat.

Though Torque & 0-100 timings are impressive.

Good input Vibhor' date=' but what's the source, apart from T-Bhp?So, its 1.3MJD only, no 1.9L ! This dampens the spirit somewhat.Though Torque & 0-100 timings are impressive.

[/quote']

absolutely speed. no 1.9 means one less customer for Fiat. I'm not buying.

dude' date=' Fiat is a useless CAR. Its better off if tata learns something good from fiat and implement the same in its cars. I will choose a tata rather than a fiat. Fiat has no world view, the company is kinda racist in its dealings

[/quote']

Please don't rant your opinions on Fiat here. It may be a useless car to you but to me, my Fiat is a brilliant car with no other equal in its segment and there are others who feel the same of a FIAT. I can go on about Fiat's but this thread is about the Fiat Linea so let's stick to that!

The features and equipment all look good but the engine is a disappointment. There is no petrol alternative or what??
Subzero buddy!..it will come with petrol version too!..but these are the specs for diesel version!smiley1.gif

Good input Vibhor, but what's the source, apart from T-Bhp?

So, its 1.3MJD only, no 1.9L ! This dampens the spirit somewhat.

Though Torque & 0-100 timings are impressive.

Thank dear speed!!...actually the member on tbhp got this info from fiat's insider!smiley17.gif

Saw two Lineas in pune today. One was red and on was Blue. Coudnt follow them as my Granparents were also with me and they didnt want me to. Also, They were still camoflauged and debadged.

@CC- I dont think 1.9 MJD will be launched in the near future. I think Fiat should think of settings its sales & service . After sales of Fiat 1.3 MJD Linea pick up , i think more people might be ready to shell more than 9 lacs for a Fiat. So give it some time. Though i feel a 1.6 MJD would be an awesome idea too..

Dude. 1.9 means excess tax duty. The Indian government has put a slab on imposing excise duty. Petrol cars which are less than 1.3 and Diesel less than 1.6 will have minimal duty.  But the length also comes into play. Any car above 4000mm length will be taxed extra

http://www.fiatlinea.com/main.html

Check out the website guys....

Just saw this website.. There are loads of customisation and the color configurations are awsome.  Will all these be available in India tooo??? The Car length is huge man... It has 150 mm more interior space. And the seats look so smooth and stylish. Wish its not a paint shop etched photo. and a 500lt bootspace,lol, is there any car which offers so much bootspace in this class?

For me, the front Grill and the Headlamps are the most attractive.