vibhor

Fiat Linea caught testing!!!!

when the palio was launched, it made waves for itself becoz of the 100BHP 1.6 (remember the S10?) - initial sales were spectacular, and Fiat quickly became a name to reckon with. while poor fuel economy let that car down, it will be a real shame if they don't repeat that (rare) successful lesson with the 150BHP 1.9 diesel - Skoda RS performance, and none of the fuel penalty.

well seems to be great vehicle but pricing should be right..if somewhat less than Honda city and even more than Sx4 with 90Bhp diesel this car can do wonders for fiat... yup saw Fiat india's site and it states that Dec 2008 is launch for Lineabluesapphire2008-10-24 07:38:15

BS even after pricing  it correctly and all the things there's one more thing FIAT needs to do is to get into market on its own then relying on tata. They should have their own network, showrooms,sales,services. Their strategy needs to be changed. Else again this wonderful car would loose on indian market like palio did.

the linea, if marketed and priced well, has the potential to completely change the face of the c-segment..this is fiats last chance and they better get it right.

As far as the linea is concerned, Fiat should continue with tata's dealership collaboration becoz as such,there is no direct competition to any car in the TATA stable...besides,if the linea does well(i hope it does), then there might be something in it for those tata dealers as well, in terms of the share in profit.

If it is priced under 8lac on-road' date=' it is the class leader....
But Fiat should have its own dealership and service stations and should not rely on Tata.
[/quote']

Basically, none of us have a choice, you have to accept what Fiat-Tata jointly dish out. Dealerships don't happen overnight...it'll take Fiat atleast 10 years to regain lost ground. I know all you guys are hoping against hope that Linea should succeed, so with the Punto, but ground realities are different. The amount of goodwill seen for Fiat product's in this forum is such a good thing after all that Fiat has done for it's client's and dealer's, in the past. Don't snuff out the candle yet; after all...Hope is the fountainhead of life. Bring them on Fiat...we are waiting.

Fiat is itself to blame for the mess it is in, DD is right, Fiat has to make use of Tata alliance to the fullest, otherwise there's no glimmer of hope.

True about the goodwill thing too, I think its because cars from Fiat's stable appeal to auto enthusiasts, who could go to any level to please their heart!

But, the road this time is going to be a really tough one, for a start Fiat has done no good to itself by launching worthless cars like 500 & Bravo, they need to channelize their energies & not squander like lost nuts!

Subzero buddy!..it will come with petrol version too!..but these are the specs for diesel version!smiley1.gif

Oh okay, I was like zapped when I did not see anything "petrol" on your whole post :)! The long list of equipments in the top spec car got me drooling though!

I just hope they bring a couple of petrol engines. One for the mileage hungry customer and one for the power hungry customer! And I am irritated that they have also delayed the launch to December from September.

yes correct!!..they should atleast bring two petrol versions.I%20agree.gif,...as you said ,for mileage hungry and power hungry customers!lolz!...!smiley17.gif

vibhor2008-10-25 10:58:48

i am waiting for that day when FRG will close this thread and other linea threads..and will say "Continue disscussion on the Fiat linea tested thread!!"lolz!smiley17.gif

vibhor2008-10-25 13:14:06

the inside info tells that the 1.4 l petrol will have 77 bhp of power...this engine isnt suitable for the linea cause of its inherent weight. honda city was able to live with less power cause of it being a light car so the performance was ok. but 77 bhp seems too less. they should have as said 2 petrol engines in their lineup !!!

The present times do not warrant the use of performance petrols, Fiat has already burnt fingers with performance models of Palio, what big gas guzzlers they were!

Instead nowdays performance diesel is the buzzword. Ford would be coming out with a 16L scorcher of a diesel in Fiesta, Fiat must set its eyes on it.

Dude the low powered engine is because of getting the rite pricing for the car. Else, Fiat wont be in a position to price is around 6 lakhs.

But who cares, the MJ diesel has good torque @ low rpm. It would prove to be a better verna

Else' date=' Fiat wont be in a position to price is around 6 lakhs. [/quote'] ...no no!..theres no chance to price up linea in between 6lacs!...i expect it to be around 7 to 8.5lacs!smiley17.gif

The present times do not warrant the use of performance petrols' date=' Fiat has already burnt fingers with performance models of Palio, what big gas guzzlers they were!Instead nowdays performance diesel is the buzzword. Ford would be coming out with a 16L scorcher of a diesel in Fiesta, Fiat must set its eyes on it.

[/quote']

speed, as a quick aside on what is otherwise a fiat thread, what's your source for this news on the Ford 1.6 diesel and when is it expected pl?

@Crazy Cat- I think we have already discussed & Fiat website already mentioned Linea- Dec 08 launch.

@Diablo- Since the Facelift Ikon will get the 1.4 TDCI of Fiesta in Nov most of us do feel Fiesta should get a 1.6TDCI. Problem is no concrete info. But good chances of Fiesta getting a 1. 6 TDCI .

well thats the problem with non japanese petrol engines...if its for performance it will drink fuel like mad or it will serioulsy lack power example palio stile 1.1 and jetta 1.6. the japanese engine are experts in this field...even with high peformance they land up with good fuel economy !!!! 

The best bet is to provide a 1.4lt turbo diesel or 1.3lt with VGT turbo giving 95bhp and may be a sport version with 1.9lt diesel .No petrol version should be there if its cc is less than 1.4lt.

noone in india offers multiple diesel engine options in india...this is due to the fact to curb costs on which every manufacturer pays heed to...and their are still some people in india who are true petrolheads and some even who do less mileage so petrol has to be given....a person doing 500-700 kms a month should buy a petrol if sanity is the norm !!!!