vibhor

Fiat Linea caught testing!!!!

d car looks really great shape wise....fiat is gonna power the linea by 1.3 l multijet diesel engine....is the engine gonna provide decent performance in a significantly heavier car...i dont think so !!!

Why would anyone buy a Jetta at that price point; instead it would make sense to go for a Linea instead. It would have better performance and lower maintainence and service of both are going to be as horrid as ever. Probably you'd have to send your VW to the nearest metro for an oil change. Atleast the Linea can have some semblence of service at the Tata outlets. Looks would be on an equal footing.

d car looks really great shape wise....fiat is gonna power the linea by 1.3 l multijet diesel engine....is the engine gonna provide decent performance in a significantly heavier car...i dont think so !!!

Do you really think that Linea is a lot heavier than Swift or Palio? And how many cars of that segment more than 95bhp with 200Nm torque? Being a fiat car, I would love to have a little more power than 95bhp. But 95bhp with 200Nm torque would be quite sufficient for most people.

Well sine the Palio is itself 1.5tons to expect the Linea to be 2.2tons atleast so it makes a difference. If the torque is available from lower end the it will be most drivable .Try to find torque curve which tell us about drivability.

@anveshp= if price of the car can be digested like this then its ok.......smiley36.gif

n thanks for your doctor advise DR. Anveshp........n why dont u giv this advice to other car buyers also who u see cant digest the price of a car !!!!!!!smiley36.gif

.........n........no need to divert topic lets come back to the topic!!!!smiley2.gif
vibhor2008-07-23 10:47:00

@anveshp= if price of the car can be digested like this then its ok.......smiley36.gif

n thanks for your doctor advise DR. Anveshp........n why dont u giv this advice to other car buyers also who u see cant digest the price of a car !!!!!!!smiley36.gif

.........n........no need to divert topic lets come back to the topic!!!!smiley2.gif

No mate i was just kidding. I just wanted to post a smiley specially for you.

must say nice sense of humour. but its only good at a limit. hope now u will not be feeling that am missing something.......smiley1.gif

FuelRunGod2008-08-24 07:53:43

Well @ vibhor how do you put the smilies so many smiley36.gifsmiley36.gif  it cheers the thread\

Back to the topic

Linea is very drivable from 1500-4000rpm and peak torque is at 1800rpm so it is more drivable also is that upgrade box too expensive it may give the Laura a run for the money.

i think performance is going to be an issue if linea comes with a 1.3 mjd engine...this engine is just for small cars and not to be fitted to mid size cars...palio mjd takes 15.4 secs for 0-100 dash...so guess what the linea will be heavier than palio by atleast 100 kgs...so if my calculation r correct than 0-100 dash might be in 16-17 secs....which will be pathetic to say d least !!!! i think linea should be getting a bigger diesel engine...any idea about the petrol engine configurations ?????

palio has  75bhp & 184  Nm ....although it takes 15.4 s to rech 100kmph   ......it is good on driveability.......see the roll on times ...it takes......20-80kmph....in 3rd gear in 12.5 s better that of the swift & in 4 gear also roll on times r similar to  that of swift.......we r not going to ride on a   track.....but on cities & expressways ........were driveability....is an imp. factor.....which depends on the power band

i think....95ps & 200Nm  with a VGT ......is  enough for ......linea is .....which is a punto with a boot......

.......bhp is not the only factor.....power band should be wide......other wise like the case of safari & sonata embera ;.....both have good power around....

140 ps.......but both have narrow power band which makes poor on ........ drivability......front....

for this car to be a succes in India..first and foremost fiat and tata shud improve their customer service and this car shud be priced in the range of sx4 for the petrol model and verna for the diesel model. im sure it will do well then.

r u sure that 1.3 mjd in linea is gonna make 95 bhp ?????? it sounds a bit unrealistic but if 1.3 makes a 95 bhp than the ride and handling off d car ought to be great due to the light engine...but really fiat india must get d pricing right..palio is a car wich has poor sales but still nt a single rupee of discount frm fiat even in dis time of recession !!! any comments ?????