vibhor

Fiat Linea caught testing!!!!

Linea is another locally produced model from Fiat, following Palio.
Sources said that localisation in Linea will reach beyond 90 per cent
in the current year. At the time of launch, Linea is expected to come
up with 70 per cent local content. Fiat

"Fiat is building its own marketing team and is not

relying on TATA motors entirely to sell its cars. While fiat will continue to

sold through  the TATA dealerships , the Italian carmaker wants its own

people in  key sales " - ACI August issue

r u sure that 1.3 mjd in linea is gonna make 95 bhp ?????? it sounds a bit unrealistic but if 1.3 makes a 95 bhp than the ride and handling off d car ought to be great due to the light engine...but really fiat india must get d pricing right..palio is a car wich has poor sales but still nt a single rupee of discount frm fiat even in dis time of recession !!! any comments ?????
Its not unrealistic a 1.4lt FSi engine can make 170bhp then why not a 1.3lt make 95bhp .Also it will be achiever by twin turbo or better VGT smiley4.gif

d volkswagen engine u r talking about wich makes 190 odd bhp frm 1.4 litre uses a very high compression ratio which is not gonna be possible in india given d low quality of fuel in india....so in india if u want such kind of cars then u will need to feed them with 97 octane fuel or import few barrels of oil with d car.....people r giving me examples of extracting more power from a smaller engine which even i know is possible with use of turbochargers and everything....we should be talking in d context of india not what is happening outside india !!!

Lets wish Fiat good luck so that they are successful in launching the Linea and at a good price .Also is it getting the same Palio 1.6lt 100bhp engien?

i think it will get d 1.6 l petrol from palio...pricing should be d main aim of fiat if dey think like other manufacturers they can price their car at a premium dan dey will be faulting again !!!

Fiat will ruin Linea if they try to produce it too cheaply. Engineering wise Linea will be far superior than SX4. However main cause of conecrn will be quality of locally sourced components and Fiat's service backup.

I will prefer a sturdy, reliable and quality product rather than a  cheaply produced car.

hey ak do u really think that at this point of time fiat can price linea at a premium....let me tell u fiat cant demand a premium for their cars cause no one will buy it....but itz good 2 hav customers like u who r willing 2 pay for a quality product.....if linea is gonna be success it has got to price linea atleast 50 k less than sx4 !!!

Linea as a package would be more appealing than SX4. Ideally Fiat should offer Linea at a bargain price & if its a success, think of increasing later on. But the real catch will be providing aftersales service, which is not going to be an easy task for Fiat. As of now we have seen negligible change in Fiats attitude & if they were serious enough , the efforts should have been visible.

Linea is definately going to be a hit if its get more features or same..at the lower price of SX4....and as i have already said that it has going to be a diesel advantage.............smiley1.gif

FIAT has to re-establish itself in India. So as a long term strategy, its products have to be quality product. When I say that it should not offer cheaply produced cars, I mean that it should not compromise on quality for sourcing cheap parts.

However it should offer the quality product at a bargain price so people may start buying it, else it will go the FABIA way selling few hundred cars per month.

What ever info we got from the Turkish Linea review, it appeared a far superior car than SX4. But FIAT will have to create a reliable service setup.