vibhor

Fiat Linea caught testing!!!!

Anyone seeing the new rebranding image from FIAT these days in TV , they are showing glimpses of Linea , Punto alongwith 500. In between i saw ad saying that Punto @150bhp - surprising i never knew that punto will have such a power.Also Linea was looking gorgeous in ad.

Safety does not get compromised with calculated weight reduction , its like shedding excess weight!

Right, I also saw Fiats new ads. & it shows glimpses of improvement.

thats good news.but the variant with all these will be quite pricy.thats obvious!........i was dissapointed from city that it came at so much price n also didnt get airbags ABs...etc.......but finally now it has got all this.....!smiley17.gif

Saloons do not loose much of traction due to their usage pattern. TC system provides traction in slippery situations or during hard acceleration. It prevents wheel spin in rear engined cars which have high power & torque. It is moreso required in wet, icy & snowy conditions.

In SUVs TC is used in addition to limited slip differential, to slow down wheels without traction & provide more power to ones with traction.

TC also helps in cornering , helping vehicle not to slip.

So, TC is mainly required in high speeding cars or ones that are to be used in slippery conditions or in SUVs.

In Indai , Elantra was supplied with TC, just as a sales gimmick.

well said akj.....every business school will be dying to have a case study on that.....as said by akj fiat is managed by duffers...d management of fiat india is totally kaput...but to keep the show running and earn some money i think its a good idea to sell ur engines to other car manufacturers...even if i would have been in fiat india i would have done d same as well....and well 500 is a real cute car and if it would have been produced in india it would have been a good alternative to swift and fabia....and yeah d japanese have interpreted d needs of ppl better than d europeans...indians r really fuel efficiency concerned people and there;s no harm in being so cause we are really helping in conserving d natural resources...kuddos to all of us indians !!!!

True, I also keep the Indian consumer in high esteem. Its so simple to be successful, provide what the consumers are asking for, or else give something worthwhile that the consumers would adopt. Theres no point manufacturing goods that are not in tune with the times & the biggest demand of time now is efficiency.

According to Whatcar' date=' Linea is due in Sept. 08.

Price- 7-9L,

1.8 L petrol - 140BHP,

1.9 L CRDI- 150 BHP !

[/quote']

I think you got the wrong info there. We will be getting the 1.4 F.I.R.E Petrol and the 1.3 MJD 90 BHP initially. Later maybe either 1.6 MJD or the 1.9 MJD.

Its from WHATCAR' date=' 1.3MJD would be inadequate for a saloon. [/quote']

But 1.9 MJD might be just too expensive. My take is, either the specs or the pricing, only one of them will be right.
octane_1002008-08-13 13:10:03

@ Diablo , the copy I have of WHATCAR, shows 1.8L petrol engine & not 1.4L.

@Octane, 1.3 diesel is already doing duty in Palio &  with this combination , its behind the Swift with the same engine. Fiat would not want Linea to be trailing Dzire from the start.

@ Diablo ' date=' the copy I have of WHATCAR, shows 1.8L petrol engine & not 1.4L.

@Octane, 1.3 diesel is already doing duty in Palio &  with this combination , its behind the Swift with the same engine. Fiat would not want Linea to be trailing Dzire from the start.
[/quote']

You are right in your observation Speed. But there is a 90 BHP VGT version of the same MJD. That might find its way in to the Linea.  I might be wrong here and i hope I am wrong smiley4.gif. But if it does come with 1.9 MJD it most probably will be priced in Magnum's territory.