vibhor

Fiat Linea caught testing!!!!

Yup, if 1.3L engine can be tuned to deliver 90 BHPs, it should suffice for time being.

But Fiat would like to take the game forward to the already existing ~90 BHP engines. Remember, Fiats fortunes rest on Lineas success.

Yup. The Linea and the Grande Punto will decide whether Fiat will stay in India or not. Both are in my wish list, not immediately but in the near future. Hope they stay here for good!! smiley1.gif

If Fiat delivers on Punto, it will offer the likes of Fabia, some solid competition. I too am eagerly waiting for Punto.

Isnt Linea just a booted version of Punto?

Isnt Linea just a booted version of Punto?

It is the booted version of the punto but it is not "just a booted version" of the Punto smiley2.gif.  It has its own character unlike the Dzires and the Indigos of this world!!

Ofcourse design element of Fiat must have worked on Linea too. But are the underpinnings - chassis, suspension, GC, wheelbase, etc. , diff. from Punto?

hey the fiat linea is not going to be priced in the entry level saloon segment....the president of fiat india has quoted that linea is going to be priced in the reigon of 7-9 lacs so dzire is not its competitor...another intresting thing is that fiat bravo is going to be launced with a 1.9 l mjd  which is going to produce 128 bhp...so i am suspecting that this might be the engine which is going to power the linea but one thing for sure 1.3 l mjd is not goin to power linea cause its a car of price 7-9 lacs and u cant have the same engine powering a saloon as well as your small car !!!! but fiat has really concealed the facts well of its new launches in the sense that even aci and other mags dont know its specifications as yet otherwise they have quiet a bit of info beforehand !!!!

I think the Bravo makes 150 bhp.

And, of course you can have the same engine powering the Punto and the Linea as long as there is a difference in the tune levels of both the engines.
romeo_1592008-08-14 08:18:06

i will differ with you on this...the grande punto shown in fiat ad says punto as a car with 100 + bhp....and fiat cant put the same engines in every car cause the sales are against them and they need to give some dynamic engine which will propel the people to buy a fiat....one thing more the tuning levels...for extracting 90 bhp(supposing) from 1.3 l engine is going to require a high rate of compression which is not going to be feasible given the crap quality of diesel in our country...if fiat was going to offer that tuning it would have offered a more powerful 90 bhp in the 500....but at the launch only we will know who was right, right now we all are just speculating !!!!!

Bravo will be much expensive as its imported directly....And @Mehul-Bhp from the very beginning its confirm that Linea is not entry level saloon but it will compete H city,Sx4,etc....And 90bhp 1.3Mjd will be good though..if pricing is right its going to wash away Sx4 and may be city coz of its diesel advantage and superiors quality atleast will be much better than Sx4

This are some things which fiat marketing head told few months back to hindu business line 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Linea is another locally produced model from Fiat, following Palio.
Sources said that localisation in Linea will reach beyond 90 per cent
in the current year. At the time of launch, Linea is expected to come
up with 70 per cent local content. Fiat

Bravo will be much expensive as its imported directly....And @Mehul-Bhp from the very beginning its confirm that Linea is not entry level saloon but it will compete H city' date='Sx4,etc....And 90bhp 1.3Mjd will be good though..if pricing is right its going to wash away Sx4 and may be city coz of its diesel advantage and superiors quality atleast will be much better than Sx4[/quote']

I guess Linea will be much expensive than SX4 and entry level City. It will compete with Optra Magnum and New Honda City. Its diesel version might cost around 10L.

Good to see so many messages and info on Fiat cars.

I am looking forward to buy the Fiat Linea...read about the car and its features in websites. While i understand that someone mentioning it will be launched on sep 12, can i know from where did you get this date....

i dont think so it will be around 10L...ya topend can touch but no the base one...suppose if base petrol model is priced at 7-7.5 L which is expected so base Mjd can around 7.8-8.4....these are my guesses....And if priced at 10L for diesel and no base model again fiat will ruin themselves 

And i think that this time Fiat will avoid to do any mistakes as its looking aggressive for India atleast now so pricing needs to be really effective to attract consumer..as only good product will not attract consumer coz of bad reputation of Fiat here...to attract they will have to do something so that even after expensive spares, bad resale, pathetic service even by Tata ,consumer buys their products...

ya it will be launch around diwali...u can say from Sept-Nov it will be here..

And for Bravo its really fantastic car and if manufactured here it can was away any car even upcoming Jazz and other current ones premium hatches...