vibhor

Fiat Linea caught testing!!!!

Linea 1.3 L diesel should be priced in accordance with the similar speced. cars , ie. Fiesta-1.4L & Dzire - 1.3l. Sure slight BHP advantage is there, but the market has grown since the other cars introduction. Also Fiat cant overshoot  Vernas  (110 BHP) pricing with 90 BHP.

Linea 1.3 L diesel should be priced in accordance with the similar speced. cars ' date=' ie. Fiesta-1.4L & Dzire - 1.3l. Sure slight BHP advantage is there, but the market has grown since the other cars introduction. Also Fiat cant overshoot  Vernas  (110 BHP) pricing with 90 BHP. [/quote']

I hope you're right speed but Fiat truly does move in mysterious ways. their 500 with the same engine in the swift sells for 17 lacs on road mumbai!!!!

i absolutely agree with blue sapphire that if linea comes with 90 bhp engine then it shouldnt be overshooting  the verna's price...but however for making a linea a spirited performer i think ideally the weight should be not more than 1150 kgs otherwise it might be a bit sluggish(i think so)....if fiat messes up with linea then they would be packing their bags in 2years time( as told by indian chief of fiat to aci) they are totally depending upon linea for their future in india !!!

@ Diablo, yes Im hoping too that Fiat gets the pricing right. But 500 & Bravo are not intended to churn numbers, Fiat brought them here to showcase their tech. & brand image, but according to me this really does not help in anyway.  Whereas Linea & Punto need to succeed in numbers game, lest its bye -bye for FIAT !

Ideally Fiat should price Linea near SX4. That way it can beat SX4 and Dzire, being far superior product with slightly more price. Also at that price point, it can give stiff competetion to City being a robust and well engineered car at a lesser price.

Let us hope FIAT India does not repeat its mistakes this time as we would love to see their cars being sold in India properly.

yes , if fiat wants it linea to be a hit in indian market then they shud price linea very well........n if its in the segment of SX4....then it should come with more features at same price or lower price.......but for now we should just wait n watch what happens next!!

I've seen the Linea in Istanbul. IF Fiat give us the 150BHP 1.9 diesel and IF they price it around SX4 levels, then, given the build quality the Linea affords, it could wipe out the Magnum.

there's a lot of ifs tho. and fiat aren't exactly known for their dynamic management.

in an ominous ommission, the fiat website says the Bravo is 'coming to India soon' but makes no mention of the Linea. hmm.
diablo379892008-08-16 17:10:54

What's it with the new gen cars, to me it looks like, back to basics. The dash looks plain  and old fashioned, no design flair, like in the Civic. Similar to the Jetta dash very plain and boring, come on there's gotta be some swoop  and curves, not flat and squares and rectangles. Probably we have been spoilt, but thats what I feel about the interiors of the Linea.

@Diablo- IMO Fiat aint intending to target Logan . Linea will compete with Fiesta TDCI / VERNA P&D /SX4 / CITY. Linea will be priced in range of 7-9 lacs as we have been reading everywhere. But dont expect price below 7.5 lacs for on road. They will price it competitively for sure . Since the car will have atleast 75 % localisation when its launched. 

the interiors are good.. No curvy dash for me please ..the plain and big dash looks simple yet elegant and classy.. The quality seems to be good.. And no it will not compete with Logan,etc..it will compete with City, Fiesta, Sx4,etc

personally i like the the interiors of linea!.......Yup!!nice to see the steering mounted controls.....i like its instu cluster looks nice when it lights up !....

@Diablo = dear there is no chance that linea will be priced like the lgan..smiley1.gif
vibhor2008-08-18 10:47:59

it is true people sitting and making rules are nuts.. common how can one say increase of sales from 20 units to 88 units is a significant increase in imported vehicle..." There has been a significant jump in big imported cars. The sales of BMW (X3,X5) has jumped from 20 in April-July 2007 to 88 in April-July 2008" just ridiculous. how much impact will it have on enviornment if there rules aply to less than 1% of the total vehicle sales.. please someone tell them about 80 / 20 rule....should they not be promoting greener, fuel efficient vehicles?

If the Linea comes with a 1.8 petrol and an 1.9 MJD and with all the features offered internationally, i wouldn't mind if the pricing is in Magnum's territory. I feel it would still be worth it. octane_1002008-08-19 15:30:55