vibhor

Fiat Linea caught testing!!!!

Octane , I am sure Linea will not have any engines more than 1.5ltr , They will have their 1.3mjd and 1.4petrol ones that it for time being . This is  not what i am saying - this what the Fiat marketting head some Kappoor told told in interview

1.4 Ltr petrol???????!!!!!!!!!!smiley3.gif 

For christ's sake even the Palio comes with a 1.6 one!! Doesn't the Linea deserve atleast that much power???

I have a feeling that any of us here on the forum can manage Fiat better than the nincompoops sitting over there smiley7.gifsmiley7.gif

No doubt that the car comes with a varied engine powers combiled by a robostic build qulity & design the worriying factor being to headway in to the market with an external support of tata motors is a wait and watch situation.

The creticlity remains whether fiats wants to position itself in to the pool of well fit bracket of 7.5 to 9 lac ot little higher bracket where the chevy magnum , skoda's are there ...

Dont how much its true , but linea seems to be delayed ,

Amongst its many plans, Fiat Indiaon> is considering export of right hand drive cars from Indiaon>
in the Asia Oceania region. Further, in accordance with the CEO of the
Fiat-TATA joint venture

whoever that said linea is going to come with a 1.4 l petrol i think is wrong cause when palio has 1.6 l engine then linea should atleast be having a 1.6 l engine as its going to be a sedan car of fiat and i have expressed my views already on the diesel engine on which i can bet anyone that its nt going to be a 1.3 l mjd cause u cant give same engine to ur small car as well as ur sedan...its totally impossible but when its launced we will see whats the spec gonna be...according to me either a 1.6 l mjd or 1.9 l mjd and petrol atleast 1.6 l !!!!

I am also of the same view that it would be the 1.3L MJD with 90PS/200Nm and 1.4L petrol 78PS/115Nm ..since their USP would be on fuel efficency ..and may be the fully loaded version with 1.4 MJD 120PS/206Nm..

In TOI dated 11th Aug, Rajeev kapoor CEO-Fiat India mentioned the launch of GP ahead of Linea. GP launch timeline sometime end this year and for linea sometime early next year..

well enough speculations about engine specifications....but really 1.4 l and 78 bhp will really make the car sluggish cause every car in linea segment has power of about 100 bhp and the linea will be the heaviest in the segment as well being a fiat....lets see the engines when the car is launched !!!!

not at all

which is kind of disappointing because the range of cars that fiat has is incredible but it must not be priced too much

skoda tried entering in thai market but it was too pricey..

the fabia cost 13.5 lakhs

the octavia cost 16 lakhs