vibhor

Fiat Linea caught testing!!!!

i think it's doing well in india

anyways back to the topic of linea

if they launch it here and price competitively unlike skoda

it well sell extremely well

@archit, your statement is completely contradictory, on one hand you are saying Skoda is doing well in India & on other "price competitively unlike skoda"!

For your information, Fiat is not competing with Skoda in India.

Dont know whats the actual deal is between tata and fiat; but at present Tata seem to be making more progress/ benefiting from this relationship.

On the other hand, Fiat arent featuring Palio in their new TV advert...so probably with the launch of Tata Vista, they're looking to exit this category, i.e, discontinue the Palio and start afresh with Grande Punto, Linea & 500!!?!?!

No Ways!! Kinshuk, there is NO way Fiat India Discontinues the Palio. All the above cars that you have mentioned above are all of different price brackets as compared to the Palio. But, you never know. Tata though appears to be taking all that they can as quickly as they can!!

Nice' date=' the Skodas met the right fate in atleast some markets ! [/quote']

Yeah, its a freakin luxury brand here but i'm told that back when Skoda was an independant company there was a joke which went around in the UK...

"Q. Why do Skodas have heated rear windscreens?

A. To keep you hands warm!"

No Ways!! Kinshuk' date=' there is NO way Fiat India Discontinues the Palio. All the above cars that you have mentioned above are all of different price brackets as compared to the Palio. But, you never know. Tata though appears to be taking all that they can as quickly as they can!!

[/quote']

I arrive at this coz Fiat cant really have a distribution partner in Tata and push products which directly compete with Tata's products (Vista to be more specific)...and if they are really thinking that Tata will push Fiat's product which competes with Tata's own then, I think Fiat should shut shop in India...there's simply no logic to it!!

Talking Vista v Palio: the prices are very similar...I dont see the Palio selling with its existing interior setup and kitting at its current price point!

There are hardly any Palios on the streets...once in 6 months do we see a Palio...the good old 1100 can be seen more frequently!
Kinshuk2008-08-24 16:51:32

@Kinshuk, ha  ha..., heres another : What do you call a Skoda at the the top of a hill ?

A miracle.

Ok , back to topic !

speed2008-08-24 17:03:42

Just 1/2 an hour back, I started from my home at Wanowrie ,Puneon my way to office & dropping my daughter at school. Suddenly a convoy of 3 cars passed from opposite direction. The cars were painted with small black triangular markings ( similar to leopard markings though shape of triangle) . Initially I thought it was car of some "showoff" kind opf guy, but then noticed that there were two similar cars behind. Looked at the logo  of the 3rd one's boot which displayed fiat  & realized that it was l a linea possibly.  I do not remember if the first & second cars had boot  ( implying not sure if all the three were linea's).

I seldom carry my mobile & so no snaps could  be taken :-(

Dunno. This was a first time exp. for me. :-). I have become aware of all these secrecy before launching models, only after observing the forum.  If it had been  in the past, it would have been " I care a damn" attitude. May be they were driving some other model.  One thing I was sure, it  had fiat logo .

From other forums I found that there would be a soft launch of Linea at Delhi in the first week of Sept and commercial launch will be in first week of Oct.

He said that he is not sure about d two ...so it can be punto as for bravo its not going to be manufactured here so no use of testing it ...they will simply sell d car or even if they test it i think they will not disguise it ..