mech_rohan123

Apache RTR or Unicorn

Hi Guys!!

actually Iam planning to buy a bike n Iam seriously confused between Apache and unicorn

My personal specification will be..

Mileage around 60Kmpl, My bike need not be powerful but i wann low maintainanace,, with low Vibration in bike as i wann use this bike 4 many years as i Can!!,,

I hve serious likin 4 Apache but sum ppl say that TVS engine is not a good one compare 2 other 150 cc bikes

The new RTR FI model has not reached inn my city yet so can't say much about that but it has FI so combustion would be better but overall performance will be seen on road ,UNICORN as all says very smooth and it is not a sport bike,So decide whether you want to buy a sport bike or commuting bike

The RTR Fi is really a cool bike and it comes with rear discs .At this price point you get the P200 but their are so many pulsars that it won't make an impression .Also when you buy apache select bright colour like orange(new) ,yellow or red.

go for unicorn if want 55-60kmpl..........it is not desirable as RTR.....in terms of looks....but has got decent power.........& most importantly performance,mileage will not deteriotate.......after years of usage.....engine & gearbox is well refined & u will not have problems  regarding engine etc......RTR's ..... gear box will become stiff & hard on usage.....it has nice RIDE & HANDLING compared.......RTR which only gives u HANDLING........& not a good ride.....

According to me RTR is a track bike......with stiff suspension....it is good for attcking corners. in the track........not for riding in a city........it is cramped compared to other bike of its class.....& gives a on road mileage around 35 -40kmpl........

........u may go for hunk......which gives similar performance fig. of RTR <upto 80 km/hr>.......& u will get decent mileage around 45 -55 kmpl........as it has uni's engine with some tweaks ......it is more flickable in city compared to RTR.......it is also a good option

PLS go the showroom & go for a test ride.......ask about the serive matter & then decide......>>>>>>

Well I can agree on the gear box part but the milege is 45 overall my friends gets it but riding it by less punishing also its cramped for people above 5'11'' I agree on that.

Hi!

even i am looking for a bike. i test drive RTR 160 yesterday only. its cool man. just the enough punch you require. The engine is refined too. not as refined as unicorn but still its good. and the looks are really sporty. i have alwayz been a fan of karizma and now i am confused to go for which one. RTR or Karizma

So you have a budget of 85k so go for the RTRFi with rear discs if your height is below 5'11'' .The Karizma is refined and its happy to live with it in the long run as its hassles free .

If you are gonna use the bike till 50K kms, UNICORN is the best bet.

A single hand driven PULSAR (means only one person drives it, UNIQUE driver) and driven properly will give 55 KMPL.

I own a rtr160 and get an avg. mileage of 52kpl...

I thnk unicorn has gud eng. refinement but rtr is also gud.

it also hav very nice control.. it is also stable at high speeds..

recently i hav traveled a dist. of abt 110km at an avg. speed of 102-107kph

and a top spd of 112kph .

i hope rtr fi must be better than this..

so go for it..