unknownbullet

Yamaha Gladiator

Bad marketing stratigy and people have in mind psychology that their spares are expensive .Its suited for tall buyers.

@Unknownbullet an advice if you want to know about more bike you can do in the earlier topic .

yamaha's bike r usually performance oriented.......& people believe that yamaha bike gives less mileage......

i  believe that they had done  a  mistake in their  marketing  ....they have given enough ads (with john abraham..)........ it gives us the impression  to the common man that it only has performance .....& not good mileage....etc....... hero honda, bajaj ,tvs........ads we can see more attention to the mileage is given ........<eg bajaj....with xcd 109 kmpl  & not saying abt its performance...> thats why their bikes r selling like hot cakes.....

Bad marketing stratigy and people have in mind psychology that their spares are expensive .Its suited for tall buyers.

@Unknownbullet an advice if you want to know about more bike you can do in the earlier topic .

hero honda bikes are selling

Actually I want to know specially about Yamaha factor so only yamaha can be discussed ,it can highlight the point that if Yamaha has very good bike and gladiator is  a bike liked by all in this forum then why only bajaj and hero honda bikes are selling ,means what is the factor people are more bend towards hero honda and gladiator is not so  much  seen on road ,is it that it is a sport bike and people like commuting bike

As yamaha ad slogan  is stop commuting  start sport biking ?

Is it the reason that gladiator is not much selling because people think that sport bike will not be suitable for them in city conditions

wrong pricing.....earlier gladi..was priced <type ja> at 47000 showroom.......

i think this was another reason why gladiator didnt sell........while all other 125 cc bikes ....with the range starts.... 42-45ks .......resale is another factor.....

But now yamaha has reduced prices......

here are the reasons of gladiator's failure instead of being a very good bike-

1. bad reputation of yamaha

2. poor after sale service and company backup

3. pathetic resale value

4. wrong positioning of bike- stop commuting, start pro biking. if it was positioned as a commuter bike then it would have sold better.

5. very few colours available. only colours like blue, red and yellow are available in combinations which keep the mid aged buyer away from it.

moreover, in 125 cc segment, the buyer is not keen for sporty looks and features. rather he looks for good mileage and low maintenance and both of these are not yamaha's forte.

The one thing I got to know is that spares of yamaha are not easily available ,that's why people don't prefer it because its maintenance will be a problem in future if you have to search here and there for spares

Ya I have seen, RS & SS are very good looking but they have toe gear and I find it difficult to operate as I am not habitual of it when I test ride it I found it will create pain in my toe as my foot size is bigger .and the sareeguard doesn't have foot rest so lady sitting at back wearing saree will find it difficult to keep her feet and it has a open chain cover so a lubricant specially designed by yamaha which is costly is to be used for this chain ,So I have decided to buy simple Gladiator because excluding external features evry thing is same only ground clearance is different. 

Here is the pic of my bike the difference is my bike have alloy wheels

gladiator_main_img.jpg

I think one of the major reasons the new Gladiator/ s have failed are they all try to succeed where the first model, the Fazer had already failed. We all know the Fazer failed only because of its crazy BUG EYES front end, and nothing else. Great bikes all the Gladiators including SS, but once Fazer failed, why try to wake up the dead by shortcut methods, one year 5-speed, one yr new alloy wheels, one yr new black colours, etc, go for something that is different, new and brings back the excitement to Yamaha, without trying to wake up the dead. That wont happen.

Bury the past, move on with something novel and dont repeat the same mistakes that were made in history. Yamaha also needs to become more professional with its dealership problems. My friend in Bombay has just been forced to buy the R15 after paying for the bike in black money, or else he needed to wait. Gone are those days in India where people will wait ten yrs for a Bajaj scooter, or Fiat car. Its over, again history. Wake up, get professional, match the competition with good dealer sales and service, respect us cutomers, and we will respect you. 

heyii unknown bullet..
can u leme kno wat r all 28 new features in the gladiator??

The new 28 features include ,Tachometer,Throttle position sensor,Insert moldhandle grip,Toe type return shift pedal,silent cam chain,sealed drive chain ,half chain case & rear fender    means it has open chain which doesn't needs greasing & oiling,Retractable aluminium foot rest,engine cowl has been provided ,alloy wheels are of black colour,and colour combinations are also improved,other things include special metals used like front fork is of DU metal for smoother suspension,What is DU metal ,I also don't know.such types of some features Which I don't understand I have not mentioned.

I think one of the major reasons the new Gladiator/ s have failed are they all try to succeed where the first model' date=' the Fazer had already failed. We all know the Fazer failed only because of its crazy BUG EYES front end, and nothing else. Great bikes all the Gladiators including SS, but once Fazer failed, why try to wake up the dead by shortcut methods, one year 5-speed, one yr new alloy wheels, one yr new black colours, etc, go for something that is different, new and brings back the excitement to Yamaha, without trying to wake up the dead. That wont happen.

Bury the past, move on with something novel and dont repeat the same mistakes that were made in history. Yamaha also needs to become more professional with its dealership problems. My friend in Bombay has just been forced to buy the R15 after paying for the bike in black money, or else he needed to wait. Gone are those days in India where people will wait ten yrs for a Bajaj scooter, or Fiat car. Its over, again history. Wake up, get professional, match the competition with good dealer sales and service, respect us cutomers, and we will respect you. 
[/quote']

You are right . When I went in the showroom of yamaha to enquire about the bike its price was 50,000 on road but in just one week when I went to buy a bike the price was increased by 1000.It is company's policy when it decides to increase the price but  I talked the dealer that you should give me some discount then he agreed to provide Leg guard in that cost ,but later told that Yes I will provide the leg guard after buying from market ,He refused to put company's genuine leg guard manufactured by yamaha.These type of things are not good .If one will deal with customers they will not prefer to buy bikes from such showrooms