showstopper

hi friends..need ur help

hi friends..m planning 2 buy a new car widn d range of 12.5 lacs 2 replace my 04 model honda city..my car runs 4 around 1000-1200 kms a month..it shld b comfortable and hassle free as mch as possible..it shld also have a good rear seat 2 make my parents feel comfortable..it wl b mostly chauffeur driven and i wl b driving arnd twice a week or so..was thinking f Laura ambiente but it exceeds my budget..i love d luks n interiors f d Civic especl d V variant..its gr8 2 drive also..but its low ground clearance may be a problem coz f d bad roads in our city..m 4m orissa..fuel efficiency is also a criteria n as far as i hv heard new corolla wl b more efficient..but i dnt thnk it wl be a substantial difference..want 2 seek ur opinions as 2 whether i shld go 4 d Civic or wait 4 d new Corolla..another thing is dat d new city wl b comn soon and if i dnt sell my honda city before dat its resale value wl decrease..wl wait 4 ur replies.

Welcome to the forum

Well sell your city the resale may drop by 50k .Also you are high mileger so need a Diesel so close your eyes and go for Optra magnum diesel LT it has good GC(195) and power and luxurious interior and the rer leg room matched the previous accord .

Welcome to the forum

Well sell your city the resale may drop by 50k .Also you are high mileger so need a Diesel so close your eyes and go for Optra magnum diesel LT it has good GC(195) and power and luxurious interior and the rer leg room matched the previous accord .

Good suggestion. Makes perfect sense.

Also a piece of advise don't get scared of the car it has a bouncy nature in the engine the pick up at the first 1500rpm is normal small car like but then at 1750rpm the torque wakes you up and the car zooms past .This nature might make you think that the petrol car is better for me but you will learn the trick of managing it .

How about taking a look at sonata embra.

D segment car. ex-showroom around 13. Good discount available.

I was offered a 1 lac without even negotiating. So when on the table might able to get even upto 1.5.

Other cars which you may want to see are optra magnum, octavia, cedia.

You have written that the car would be used by your parents and will run about 1000-1200 KMs per month. For old people, a comfortable back seat and easy entry and exit are the must requirement. Civic, due to its low stance does not provide easy entry or exit. Toyota Corolla will be best for this purpose.

1200 KMs per month does not justify a diesel at all. That will make sense only at 2500 Kms per month running. New Corolla will have a frugal petrol engine and the car will be very reliable.

Diesel engine cars are expensive to buy and expensive to maintain as their service and repair costs are very high. The amount you will save on diesel engine's cost, spend that on automatic transmission to increase the riding comfort. So go for new Corolla - Automatic

well for 1000 - 1200 kms a month diesel will really be useful , nowadays the diesel cars arent expensive to maintain thanks to the Modern day Diesel engine technology , the Skoda are pretty much expensive to maintain , hence i would prefer you to stay away from it , regarding the Civic , yeh its a great car but fuel expense would be too much , i mean one can save lot of money in Fuel in Diesl as he run more han 1000 kms , moreover the Chevy gives 3 year maintenance plan free worth rs 27k rs , so Servicing would be done by the GM for next 3 years for free , its included with Oil change and everything and you got to spend only for the Fuel for next 3 years!

The price of optra Magnum LT is Cheaper than the Civic Petrol , hence go for the optra Magnum Diesel LT!

Cheers!!!

I would tend to agree that the changeover point from Petrol to Diesel has now lowered to about 12,000-15,00 km per year. This depends a lot on the price differential between the petrol and diesel versions. So you are in the transition zone. I would say the choice should boil down to personal preference - in this price bracket you either love the diesel or do not!