vineet

Captiva Vs Endeavour Vs Jetta

Hi Everyone

I am planning to purchase a Diesel car/SUV in range of 15-20Lakhs.

Currently driving a Laura & quite happy with that.

I had made up my mind for Jetta but considering the fact that family wants to recommend a SUV was looking at the potential two (Captiva & Endeavour)

I have head of Fords expensive upkeep & also spares related horror stories hence was not to keen. My friends though speak aotherwise about Endeavour.

Will need your views should i go for any of the SUV's or target Jetta only?

Some facts :--

1. Monthly driving of close to 3000 km +
  2. Like to travel out on weekends (though primarily on good highways of north India)smiley2.gif

3. Should be a fun to drive vehicle & have good responsivenes.
  4. Typically target 2-3 years for a vehicle hence a decent resale is also a factor

if you have a big family or u need acres of space then go for Chevy Captiva..ford endeavour is a truck actually!!.....or if u want a comfortable saloon then jetta is a good option ..........

Close you eyes and go for the CAPTIVA. See if the 3 yr extended warranty scheme is also applicable.

FORD is expensive to maintain and JETTA(Volkswagen) has very few dealerships and service stations.

i feel the captiva would be a better buy than the Endy. endy looks ruthless and agressive , i think the endy comes with 4WD and Captiva only with 2WD , if 4WD is necesary and you get 4WD in Endy go for endy , if not then captiva is better.

Regards,

Priya

hey vineet take a ride of endeavour and its terrible ride quality will surely make u say wat trash ford is !!! i think the best buy will be captiva...it has scorching performance for an suv with 0-100 dash in 11 secs something and with a way bettter ride quality as well !!!! for making a decision better read the comparison bteween crv vs endeavour vs captiva..but my vote goes to captiva !!!!

The Captiva look bold statement in black also the Endeavor is peppy but the rear bench people will say that you drive like crazy and if 4wd is what you need then the 3.0lt varient suits you.

Are you selling your laura and upgrading? Or keeping it and getting a new one?

If upgrading why not try passat basic model? ex-showroom a little under 20L. Maybe you will have to increase your budget a bit but would be a good buy.
adi19912008-07-22 08:17:37

I have sold my Laura & replacing it now.

I also thought Captiva was a better bet than the rest.

Any other ones that i can look at. My budget is max 20 Lakhs

How does one make up his mind about a product if the same is not even available for Test drive?smiley3.gif

Peculiar issue !!

I have contacted literally all dealers of Chevorlet in Delhi/Noida for Test drive & none of the dealers have a vehicle available for test drive.

One of them gave me a very peculiar answer "Sir why will comapny spend on a vehicle as a test drive vehicle eapecially when it is CBU & is selling well (it has a 1 Month + wait period - without any schemes)

If that is the kind of approach that the co has about the prospective buyers, not too sure if buying a Captiva is a wise idea.smiley18.gif

How does one make up his mind about a product if the same is not even available for Test drive?smiley3.gif

Peculiar issue !!

I have contacted literally all dealers of Chevorlet in Delhi/Noida for Test drive & none of the dealers have a vehicle available for test drive.

One of them gave me a very peculiar answer "Sir why will comapny spend on a vehicle as a test drive vehicle eapecially when it is CBU & is selling well (it has a 1 Month + wait period - without any schemes)

If that is the kind of approach that the co has about the prospective buyers' date=' not too sure if buying a Captiva is a wise idea.smiley18.gif
[/quote']

Chevy is trying to hoodwink you or are plain lazy or they don't think you are a 'bees lakh' client. Captiva's are a rare sight as compared to the CR-V; inspite of being a diesel.

Hi Everyone

I am planning to purchase a Diesel car/SUV in range of 15-20Lakhs.

Currently driving a Laura & quite happy with that.

I had made up my mind for Jetta but considering the fact that family wants to recommend a SUV was looking at the potential two (Captiva & Endeavour)

I have head of Fords expensive upkeep & also spares related horror stories hence was not to keen. My friends though speak aotherwise about Endeavour.

Will need your views should i go for any of the SUV's or target Jetta only?

Some facts :--

1. Monthly driving of close to 3000 km +
  2. Like to travel out on weekends (though primarily on good highways of north India)smiley2.gif

3. Should be a fun to drive vehicle & have good responsivenes.
  4. Typically target 2-3 years for a vehicle hence a decent resale is also a factor

I'm waitng for the VW Tiguan which comes at the end of the year. If you can wait that long then it would be the best buy. If you're going for the Captiva, then just hold for a month - the autobox is coming.

Peculiar issue !!

If that is the kind of approach that the co has about the prospective buyers' date=' not too sure if buying a Captiva is a wise idea.smiley18.gif
[/quote']

Chevy is trying to hoodwink you or are plain lazy or they don't think you are a 'bees lakh' client. Captiva's are a rare sight as compared to the CR-V; inspite of being a diesel.
but they have waitings and demand is good...they have already sold in good no's...so in sometime u can see Captiva more than Crv'sss

I had a detailed chat with GM of one of the dealerships & they are plain lazy as it seems. They are the main cuplrit for Captiva selling less numbers compaired to Ford's. couple of them are trying to make quick bucks; if you buy cash then delivery in 3 weeks & incase of finance then post disbursement of loan 2-3 months (No fixed time period- will depend on color)smiley3.gif

I am put off by the behaviour of the dealerships & if they are like this before sale then am sure they will Be "Poorer" in after sales smiley18.gif

As earlier will now look at buying VW Jetta, hope they will atleast have a better sales force which is more positive & up for selling cars.

Is there any other Diesel which i should also consider along side Jetta?