vibhor

Pics of Merc-Mclaren SLR crash in Qatar

smiley1.gif...Hi friends.............these are the pics of one of the most terrible crash pictures........ this happened at a very very high speed given that the SLR is literally torn into pieces. Driven by a 22 year old this Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR reportedly lost control during the morning of july 15th. The details are still sketchy and dont know if the driver survived or not or if there was someone on the passenger seat too but have a look at the picture to follow

actually what did that guy hit , i never expected the merc to be soo feeble n fragile.smiley3.gif, i feel really sad , by looking at the pics smiley19.gif

Drive safe everyone , no acrobats pleaseeee!!!

Regards,

Priya

i saw the pics earlier on www.topspeed.com....brutal crash it was...good to know the driver was safe though...good mercedes quality

Drive is safe, even after all this. This is called QUALITY from MERCEDES BENZ.

i saw the pics earlier on www.topspeed.com....brutal crash it was...good to know the driver was safe though...good mercedes quality

The topic starter mentioned that no idea about whether the driver survived or not. Please read the topic carefully before posting replies or views.

As for the question of quality of mercedes, man give me a break. After viewing the pics, how can one say the driver survived.

Can't believe that this is a Merc- solid German engineering as they say.The car's peices and tatters strewn all over just like a plane crash.

Even Princess Diana and the guy Dodi were travelling in a big Merc  SL Class when the car crashed in a tunnel in Paris on 31st Aug 1997. Not to cast aspersions on the car's safety but its like that!

Can't believe that this is a Merc- solid German engineering as they say.The car's peices and tatters strewn all over just like a plane crash.
Even Princess Diana and the guy Dodi were travelling in a big Merc  SL Class when the car crashed in a tunnel in Paris on 31st Aug 1997. Not to cast aspersions on the car's safety but its like that!

the only survivor in the car (the front passenger seat) was Diana's bodyguard who wore both his seat belt and was protected by the airbag (which is, as all manufacturers repeatedly state, an SRS or supplementary restraint system). if the other passengers were wearing their belts, as Mercedes advises all passengers to, they may have been alive right now.

inspite of the bad shape of the vehicle I think the passenger cabin has remained intact. I guess if the merc would not have disintegrated the driver would have suffered more damages. energy got dissipated in breaking the car than its occupants. I guess same logic is used in most of the cars now a days. deformation/disintegration is key to reducing energy from impact.

yes diablo if diana and dodi were wearing the seatbelts there possibility of survival would have been more.

Well I think many have not observed the pictures carefully.

See in the second picture with the red shirt boy looking at the car.

Though lots off pieces went flying off. The cockpit is not crushed at all.

Thus go hell with the tyres engine and all you don't sit there now do you. And explaining why the passengers were saved.
adi19912008-07-22 08:26:02

The scene is definitely somewhere in the middle east, where people are known to drive insanely fast! Something like this also happened to a Bugatti Veyron if I am not wrong, I think in England.

@ Subzero= buddy i hav already mentioned it in the heading of topic that its quatar .........

Buddy, there is no mention of Qatar in your topic or your first post. This is what the topic is shown as:

"Topic: Pics of terrible Merc-Mclaren SLR crash i"