designersf

My Bajaj Kristal met with an accident!!

i had a small accident in my bajaj kristal(my mom's actually)....the errant bike guy hit me on the silencer on the right side of the vehicle.the silencer is bolted to the aluminium casting which encloses the engine compartment and all other auxillaries of the engine...the aluminium hinge of the silencer broke and the casting has a big crack...i contacted bajaj dealer here and he says that part is very difficult to get and it would take a lot of time as the part has to be ordered specially.can i claim this on my insurance.???its a very costly part and im worried...cuz the bike guy sped away after that....

ill post pics tomorrow....

designersf  Sorry to learn about the accident. Yes, insurance you're sure to get if your licence and comprehensive insurance papers are all current and OK. The insurance guys work through the dealer and you've to just tell the authorised dealer where you intend to get the scooter repaired that insurance has to be claimed. these days they do not insist on FIR's with the police..

i had a small accident in my bajaj kristal(my mom's actually)....the errant bike guy hit me on the silencer on the right side of the vehicle.the silencer is bolted to the aluminium casting which encloses the engine compartment and all other auxillaries of the engine...the aluminium hinge of the silencer broke and the casting has a big crack...i contacted bajaj dealer here and he says that part is very difficult to get and it would take a lot of time as the part has to be ordered specially.can i claim this on my insurance.???its a very costly part and im worried...cuz the bike guy sped away after that....

ill post pics tomorrow....

You can claim insurance with out any doubt. Dont get the vehicle repaired before the insurance inspector comes and inspects your vehicle. Once he comes takes pictures an show you the report he prepared, then you can get it repaired.

First call your Insurance provider Customer care and quote your insurance number, then will get in touch with you within week i guess.

Bajaj is so horrible in supplying parts of scooter / ladies bikes. I have a saffire and my brother and I have started servicing ourselves after the same dealer from whom we bought the vehicle five years ago refuse to service it. I have decided not to buy any scooter from Bajaj.

ive hit a roadblock...the part is the RH side Crankcase which costs 2400/-....and that i have to fill insurance form and then get the repairs done with my own money and submit the bill to the insurance agency.they wil then dispatch the insurance money in the form of a cheque...this is wat the bajaj dealer told me