anindhya_03

Maruti Suzuki Swift Petrol ?Need to know

Need to know more about the car maruti suzuki swift from the various users present in the autocar forum. Interested to know about:

Mileage
Comfort
Engine
etc.....................all pros and cons from the real time users and experts present.

Gonna purchase one at the end of this month. So please speak out...............this is gonna be my first car.

Regards

Andy

The Swift makes for a good choice. The rear seat may be a little cramped and parts are priced slightly higher than other marutis. It also tends to rattle after use. If possible get the ZXI. If not, change the tyres to ZXI spec on the variant you choose.

Fuel efficiency is good. About 11 in the city and 16 on the highway.

FRG

Swift is an Ex choice.

The Petrol engine is free revving and responsive, but the diesel is better.

The dds rides better than the petrol due to stiffer setup.

Great AC, but cramped interiors.

Get wider tyres if possible 195/70 with alloys.

Ive not seen much rattles.

Anyone facing this specific problem, Please post.

yea Swift Petrol is a cool choice if you drive around 1000kms per month but if you drive more than 1000kms per month its always advisable to goo for the Swift diesel(i have one)it gives a tremendous mileage of around 14-15 in city and 19-20 in highway . and soo faar noo problems has been heard by both swift petrol and Swift diesel cars. soo happy motoring goo ahead with your Good Choice. and let me know on wht u decided finaly.

noo recntly i had my first free service of my Swift VDi at it came at anominal price of rs580(FRee service) And this is just the rumour form the sales exectuive soo as too push the Petrol cars. soo incase u liked the Diesel and dont mind the wait goo ahead. 

If u zeroed on the ZXi no modification reqd its only for VXi nLXi for wider tires if u dont run nore than 1000 per month then forget the diesel n just go for it n i think this is the end to the topic.

yup the petrol is the best choice. The ZXi gives u the best bang for the buck and if u can wait a bit then u can buy the facelifted swift. Engine is smooth, free-revving and powerful. Handling is good and I get an overall mileage of abt 13.

The cons r the rear seat and that it is difficult to back up because the rear window is too small. It poses problems in crowded areas. If possible get parking sensors fitted to aid reversing.

best of luck and happy motoring.