dhruwain

why swift fitted with esteem engine

Could u please anybody help me to get answer why Swift fitted with modifid engine of esteem.It not the same engine which Suzuki Swift delivere in Europe.Why Indians are ready to buy anything that Maruti Suzuki gives and Indian public are fools??? 

GO global suzuki  website for more details

Could u please anybody help me to get answer why Swift fitted with modifid engine of esteem.It not the same engine which Suzuki Swift delivere in Europe.Why Indians are ready to buy anything that Maruti Suzuki gives and Indian public are fools??? 

Can any one throw provide some insight in to the performance difference between the two engines ? If the the performance is on the similar lines, we need not worry.

We allow ourselves to be fooled. Btw do most buyers really don't care

whether the Swift petrol has the same engine as the Esteem or whether

the Swift diesel has an engine originally developed by Fiat? For that

matter neither does the SX4 have the latest and greatest engines offered abroad. Bringing in newer technology is costlier for the company. And Suzuki can't afford to price it's cars very high.

Why do we pay almost twice the price for Civics or Corollas compared to say the US? That's because the Hondas, Toyotas (and of course the Skodas) claim to be selling the latest technologies and hence charge the premium. I'm sure they are pocketing a big profit too. But that's business for you.

yesyesYES! someone finally asking the right questions! admittedly, there is only a slight difference in BHP between the old Esteem engine and the new Suzuki 1.3 - but if that's the only criteria, why did Suzuki develop a new engine for the global market at all? because it's a lot more refined.

so why don't Maruti sell this to us? coz they're making their fortune selling Indians old wine in a new bottle. which other progressive nation in the world would have bought an old engine in the new Swift body? they are taking advantage of their fully depreciated plants to maximise profitability, and pretending this engine is what we need as it can be serviced easily throughout India - but if the new one can't, what's the point of that fabulous Maruti network then?

also, their dealers are not the most scrupulous. I knew a female buyer who was sold a Swift by a dealer who swore by all that's holy that the car had a new generation engine.

they're also doing this with the alto - the same 2001 1.1 engine that does duty in the Wagon R and older Altos is now available in the 'brand new' Zen Estilo.

I didn't buy a Swift for this reason. I refuse to spend my cash on old tech. it may not have made a difference to Maruti, but it sure made a difference to me smiley4.gif I don't want to give my money to thieves.

It had the Esteem engine' date=' but if I remember right it is now the M-series engine. [/quote'] Well its the normal G series engine and only addition was drive by wire systemsmiley4.gif.

why would u want to know about a car that suits my requirements??
coz almost every cars here are not kept up to date here and u want that so if u wanna buy a car say not beyond 7 lacs which will be ur choice considering its same and latest u r getting everywhere...

Well I think this thread has no meaning how couls have maruti got the 1.5lt engine when the mid size cars like the city had it and also it takes a lot of investment to make it and at the time of release the competition was only Getz and now even when Fabia came its still a winner and the power and performance ratio is still good for it .DOn't think big is better many 1.4lt engines are not able to make that much power and the 1.3lt one is peppy and I think its better suited to the big hatches .

the chevrolet spark LT (which I see you have)

the hyundai i10 kappa (just out)

the tata indica turbo or dicor(hey, it's not very good but at least we get the same car they sell everywhere else)

and

the toyota innova and the optra magnum (but these are above 7 lacs)

my 2 cents, since you asked

PS and the Maruti Dezire as well since it's available only in India in any case

diablo379892008-07-22 15:11:17

well the simple answer is that maruti suzuki wants to cut cost...if swift had been fitted with a new engine than d pricing would have been higher as compared to now....i think people should not run after new engines rather they should run after reliable engine...d esteem engine is d realiable engine and i dont know y r u complaining ????? it has amazing performance for a hatchback,refined with good nvh levels and most importantly its fuel efficient..and compare the pricing of getz and swift...getz has a new engine but it's pricing is nowhere near d swift and dats y swift is selling in large no.s !!!

Freind i am not complaining!!!!!!i am just asking a question,Swift is a global car and its a great success in Europe etc.Why it fitted with esteem engine.Swift is  Swift.If you want to fix esteem engine fix it in other brand!!!!. By keeping Swift brand name (though its a success car) Maruti Suzuki can easily sell cars in India,i am right!!!

the Swift has the same engine of the esteem cause its new , i mean to say for the new esteem they had introduced the G series engine versions( thats what my friend said me ) the WagonR , is still using the older F series Engine ,. whereas the SX4 is using the M series engine. maybe that might be the reason for maruti to keep the same 1.3 G series engine on the Swift and the Dzire , maybe lets hope they get the 1.2 L petrol engine , this could make the Swift still mroe cheaper , however maruti have started the 1.2 L engine production for the Splash ( corect me if wrong) , having the same engine in the swift would make better sense

Regards,

Priya

Freind i am not complaining!!!!!!i am just asking a question' date='Swift is a global car and its a great success in Europe etc.Why it fitted with esteem engine.Swift is  Swift.If you want to fix esteem engine fix it in other brand!!!!. By keeping Swift brand name (though its a success car) Maruti Suzuki can easily sell cars in India,i am right!!!

[/quote']

even if you were complaining, dhruwain, you have every right to. you're a consumer and you have a right to voice your opinion.

if the old Esteem engine is really that brilliant, then why doesn't the rest of the world get it? and why does Maruti give us the M-series in newer cars like the SX4? why not stick to the G?

and what's all this about higher costs with a newer engine? the SX4 proves that argument is absolute rubbish.

Well you won't complain when the splash is launched it has an all new 1.2lt aluminium engine which generates enough power .Maruti is doing lot of investment in it .Also I won't like the swift to see 1.2lt engine fitted in it.

I agree with mehul. simple reason to have esteem engine is to reduce the cost and pass it on to the customer. you have to agree maruti's are still the cheapest cars on the block. definetly maruti will add newer engines soon. time is not far away..

the chevrolet spark LT (which I see you have)

the hyundai i10 kappa (just out)

the tata indica turbo or dicor(hey' date=' it's not very good but at least we get the same car they sell everywhere else)

and

the toyota innova and the optra magnum (but these are above 7 lacs)

my 2 cents, since you asked

PS and the Maruti Dezire as well since it's available only in India in any case

[/quote'] but Dzire also uses Swifts engine so why you chose dzire...

Why do we pay almost twice the price for Civics or Corollas compared to say the US? That's because the Hondas' date=' Toyotas (and of course the Skodas) claim to be selling the latest technologies and hence charge the premium. I'm sure they are pocketing a big profit too. But that's business for you.
[/quote']

This question even surprises me, however not sure if your answer is complete. Any member would like to comment on the reason for this price differential?

yesyesYES! someone finally asking the right questions! admittedly' date=' there is only a slight difference in BHP between the old Esteem engine and the new Suzuki 1.3 - but if that's the only criteria, why did Suzuki develop a new engine for the global market at all? because it's a lot more refined.

so why don't Maruti sell this to us? coz they're making their fortune selling Indians old wine in a new bottle. which other progressive nation in the world would have bought an old engine in the new Swift body? they are taking advantage of their fully depreciated plants to maximise profitability, and pretending this engine is what we need as it can be serviced easily throughout India - but if the new one can't, what's the point of that fabulous Maruti network then?

also, their dealers are not the most scrupulous. I knew a female buyer who was sold a Swift by a dealer who swore by all that's holy that the car had a new generation engine.

they're also doing this with the alto - the same 2001 1.1 engine that does duty in the Wagon R and older Altos is now available in the 'brand new' Zen Estilo.

I didn't buy a Swift for this reason. I refuse to spend my cash on old tech. it may not have made a difference to Maruti, but it sure made a difference to me smiley4.gif I don't want to give my money to thieves.
[/quote']

PLEASE TELL US WHICH CAR YOU HAVE BOUGHT THAT HAVE MET YOUR VERY REASONABLE CONDITIONS*.

*HUGE SARCASM IN CASE YOU DID NOT GET IT!
roomy2008-07-23 07:50:02

but Dzire also uses Swifts engine so why you chose dzire...

the swift dezire diesel is what I meant. which has a fiat 1.3 engine licensed by Suzuki.

YOU ARE CONFUSING ME WITH YOUR CONTRADICTING RANTS DO YOU RANT FOR THE SAKE OF RANTING?