hai,

i like to by a sedan and can spend upto 5.25L.Is it worth buying IndigoCS LS(TDI). is there any major complaint .camparing maintenence and resale value of swift VDI and IndigoCS which one will be good buy.

is the boot space of Swift s too small. I am trapped between these 2 models .pls pls help me in sorting out my problem. i need only diesel car.

hai' date='
      i like to by a sedan and can spend upto 5.25L.Is it worth buying IndigoCS LS(TDI). is there any major complaint .camparing maintenence and resale value of swift VDI and IndigoCS which one will be good buy.
is the boot space of Swift s too small. I am trapped between these 2 models .pls pls help me in sorting out my problem. i need only diesel car.
[/quote']

Swift is a hatchback and Indigo CS is Compact Saloon. You get more legroom at the rear seats and more boot space in Indigo CS as compared to Swift. Also I just checked out the prices of Indigo CS on the website of Tata Motors http://indigo.tatamotors.com/indigocs/pricing.asp and Swift on the website of Maruti Swift http://www.marutiswift.com/price.aspx

Indigo CS Dicor is around 30000/- cheaper than Swift VDi (non-ABS) (Prices compared for Pune City).

Dicor engine is very fuel efficient than normal TDi engine. Our Indigo XL Grand Dicor returned fuel efficiency of 20kmpl with A/C and that to driving at the speeds of 110-120kmph. CS should give more.
sudeepd2008-07-22 20:14:14

i say the Indigo Cs is an Ok buy , if you cannot buy the Swift , then go for the Indigo CS LS TDi , DICOR is costly and not worth it, i saw the CS , the front looks are like the indica and rear looks cute with a small boot! go for it yaar.

Regards,

Priya

hai' date='
[/quote'] dude......no need to write in bold letters with red color.........we all can also see without it.................smiley1.gif

now about your quiery .........i will suggest u to go for the swift its best car......n about indigo as i always say it just our normal indica with a tiny boot stuck on it (oh.......sorry bluesapphire i know u will not like my these words again!!!smiley36.gif..)..........but if u like indigo....n need some extra space at same price go for it........smiley2.gif

Hi if you have not yet taken a decision here is my opinion,

I just bought the Indigo CS LS and the car is really good.

The Tdi motor is more quieter during running and I get a very good fuel average of 20 Kmpl on my first 600+Kms run.

The boot of the car is great. It is no comparision with the Swift Vdi in space. If you talk about maintenance all cars require maintenance how good and how regularly are you going to do it is the question, this comment of maintenance being higher after 30000 Kms does not hold water.

No doubt the Fiat engine on the Swift is good, but the spares on the Indigo CS are cheaper.

If you want a no frills spacious car at the price of a hatchback then this is it.

The DZire can be considered if you can stretch your budget. The Tata Indigo CS will of course come with the usual Tata gremlins, which if you get used to will make you a happy owner. However resale value and maintenance will be problems later on after lots of use.

Dzire would take his budget through the roof , plus the waiting period is tremendous.

Have a look at the Logan diesel base model.

speed2008-07-30 14:59:13

The Indigo CS is the one to go for if a boot is essential and if your a family of 4. Otherwise the Swift VDI is the most refined hatch available in the country, yes boot space is almost negligble, if you fit a sub, then you can forget about using the boot. Swift:except for the boot space it really has no vices. Tata is not that refined, can run up huge service charges after a certain mileage and crude fit and finish, resale will not be as good as the Swift hatch for sure.