rahulm5

cr-v vs laura vs jetta

@anveshp it might have that but no steering mounted audio control.

I think the grey plastics in the Jetta as described by Aci is of the base trim in comfortline you get refreshing colour(beige) and silver splashed which lighten up the cabin and that looks better than the Laura and not the base Dashboard .The Fabia looks rich only in beige and not black.

anveshp:-

Accord is not the first honda to have these f1 paddel shifterssmiley36.gif. Civic had them long back.

Laura and jetta have bugatti veyronsmiley36.gif type auto DSG.

What happened to you ? You are putting smileys like VIBHOR ?

i feel the CRv Manual trans or the new Accord should be a better choice ,incase diesel then go for the Captiva or the Sonata Emebera. my dads colleagues had Laura n Octy , but they were sick of the servicing of Skoda and the servicing cost  ,they are simply too much , so better go with the Hyundai.

regards,

Priya

Accord does have paddle shifts, but it is not sporty enough to enjoy the real pleasure of paddle shifts. In todays oil crisis times , it is more sensible to prefer fuel efficient cars. Stick to a manual gearbox or go in for a diesel. In case its a diesel , you can choose for an automatic.

my cousin has crv...he wanted one for the college use everyday...but after dismal economy,he moved over to his Laura...he reports economy of around 6-7in the crv

designersf2008-07-25 16:55:04

Youngsters need both style and economy, CRV carries style only , so its more show than go. Its no point spending so much more on fuel & then trying to squeese every last bit by adopting fuel saving techniques. This further robs the pleasure in driving. Apart from this, when you see a happy motorist getting filled cheaper fuel, you always rue the fact , why the hell did I spend so much  & bought a gas guzzler?

Actually automatics are better tuned to diesel cars. In modern diesel cars the transmission keep the gear shifting btw 1500 -4000rpm because at these point the torque is maximum also we rarely have a diesel automatic in under 15lakhs segment.

Octy diesel automatic does come at around 12L ,  but the auto box is old tech. & the whole package is not impressive. Theres a lacuna in diesel automatics in budget range. If a carmaker comes up with a good diesel auto. below 10L, it should work well in the market.

There was a news about ford thinking of launching fiesta diesel automatic sometime back, wonder if it was true!

A Fabia diesel at the price of H vtec is contrasting dude .Also M&M , GM have plans to get A/T in Scorpio ,Optra and the Captiva right so were are  they.

anveshp:-

Accord is not the first honda to have these f1 paddel shifterssmiley36.gif. Civic had them long back.

Laura and jetta have bugatti veyronsmiley36.gif type auto DSG.

What happened to you ? You are putting smileys like VIBHOR ?
anveshp = so..do you think putting smileys in a post is a Crime???????

ok i test drove all 3....didnt like the jetta too much since it has lesser features than laura and same price..no parking sensors or sunroof....so choice is only cr-v vs laura now!!

then the only option left is now laura......but personally speaking i dont like it very much......but ya....it comes with very useful features.....if you like it then go for it ...otherwise i would suggest wait for the cheaper passat with diesel engine....it looks like it will be a VFM buy ...i think it will be out by this Oct- Nov......so the choice is yours........smiley17.gif

See the subsequent ACI issue , there is a letter to the editor by some Honda official denying any such move. But in the wake of recent price hikes, it seems inevitable.