mongve

help need 2 buy diesel car

hey.....am looking 2 buy a good diesel sedan which gives a good average n also is easy n cheap 2 maintain with parts not being so expensive......should i go in for the ford fiesta...if fiesta then which 1 the 1.6 or 1.4 or ford fusion diesel or swift dzire diesel.....please help me....

Well its a par with its segment maintainance and if you have that kind of money then optra LS is for you but if you want a hassle free and cheaper maintainance then the VDI .

hey.....am looking 2 buy a good diesel sedan which gives a good average n also is easy n cheap 2 maintain with parts not being so expensive......should i go in for the ford fiesta...if fiesta then which 1 the 1.6 or 1.4 or ford fusion diesel or swift dzire diesel.....please help me....

You have not mentioned your budget or annual mileage. Swift dezire Diesel makes sense if you want peace of mind as its a diesel sedan and of Maruti so no worry wherever you go. But parking in city would require more manpower as its boot lid is very high.

I would have recommended CS Dicor but it does not posess power windows. Only power steering is available.

....... (sgiitk I first got scared looking at the dp earlier one was better)

This is the newest mug shot. The display changes the required 64x64 image into a rectangle - flattening it out. Will try if it takes a smaller size.

Added: Made it worse!

sgiitk2008-07-24 10:53:44

....... (sgiitk I first got scared looking at the dp earlier one was better)

This is the newest mug shot. The display changes the required 64x64 image into a rectangle - flattening it out. Will try if it takes a smaller size.

Still sir previous one was better

In general one can assume that the engine and drive train (barring the clutch) will be trouble free for well over 100,000km. So it boils down to spares like brakes, suspension, clutch, etc. Unless properly designed and properly handled the higher torque of diesels can wear out the clutch pretty fast. So check on the princes. In general Maruti's and Hyundai's have easy availability of relative lower cost spares. 

sgiitk2008-07-31 10:20:49

As you want a diesel sedan which is low on maintainence, look at the Hyundai Verna, Dzire is also good choice but its not a typically concieved sedan, its platform is basically of a hatchback. Avoid Fiesta & Fusion(specially) as spares costs are high.

any idea about the cost of spares of FIAT MJD ?

As pointed out by me engines in general do not need much by way of spares except for filters, lubes, and may be heaters. Lubes and heaters are the same, so it boils downto to filters...

What you have to worry about is the rest - suspension parts, body repairs, etc.

I owned a palio, 02 model, 1.2 petrol & it cost me hell to maintain. Everything from routine service parts to other body components were priced extremely high & add to this the pathetic service standards. I finally decided to get rid of it again lost a plenty on resale front, so it was a losing preposition altogether. Oh I forgot to mention its another important characteristic of being a complete gas guzzler.

So, by these standards in general its going to be an expensive affair maintaining a Palio MJD too , compared to Swift diesel.

Well Service depends upon ur local dealer . Palio service has nver been a problem for me atleast . I am driving it from Sep 2004  Now when u come to spares , yea i agree spares r expensive but spares r only needed when u met with an accident or sum thing like dat . Normal service routines doesn't need heavy spares . 

But Palio's are known for niggling problems & parts failures. I have myself experienced this, something or the other used to go wrong every now & then. I tried servicing in 4 diff. towns & to my discontentment, all of them turned out to be equally pathetic.